Friday 2/10, Saturday 2/11, Friday 2/17
I sent this email to Mystique.
Quote:Hi,
We would like to give ZG a shot. We have  a level 56 priest , Xarhud, whom we can bring along. We have a level 60 hunter who might join us as well. If you have anybody reasonably high level, invite them too. Perhaps Ranaros, the shaman, could join us at 10:00 server time--he'd miss the beginning, but would be an extra hand later on. Of course this all depends on whether you still wish to proceed. We think that although the situation will not be ideal we can still have some success. If you do not want to go we can do UBRS, etc. Let me know.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
I received this reply:
Quote:Hi, np, i'm willing to give it a go, will see you there, i'll try and get some of the others in when i get on,
Concillian,Feb 17 2006, 12:08 AM Wrote:Perhaps we didn't have the groups well enough organized for poison cleansing and / or nature resistance.  I didn't hear much early discussion about aspect of the wild and such, so I don't know if that was happening, not that I had a hunter or shaman in my group anyway.
[right][snapback]102258[/snapback][/right]
After the first wipe to him, the other shaman in the raid whispered me and mentioned that he was a "noob" shaman and asked if I wanted to switch into the main tank's group. We should have discussed some of it in raid chat though to poke the hunter(s?) into having aspect of the wild up. The poison cloud he throws out there can't be poison cleansed if you are in them, but taking less nature damage would help. We'll have to look at group compositions better next time. We should have been able to have some sort of nature resist (even at the piddly 60 that totems and hunter auras bring) on every group, I think.
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh, can you bring your truesilver enchanting rod?

I never managed to be online at the same time as you were this week.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Feb 17 2006, 10:41 AM Wrote:Treesh, can you bring your truesilver enchanting rod?

I never managed to be online at the same time as you were this week.
[right][snapback]102287[/snapback][/right]
I'm keeping it on me today so I don't forget. :D
Intolerant monkey.
How to handle the axe throwers in my opinion.

The only way to interrupt their spinning axe attack is to sheep them; they are immune to stun once they begin to spin. However, sheeping does not provide an instant interrupt. Therefore, to avoid any damage at all from axe throwers, they would be best handled by stun locking. Instead of the main tank charging, a rogue and a pet with Intimidation can work in unison to keep axe throwers locked down and harmless while the rest of the party does DPS.

So, the pet Intimidates for a 3 second stun, then rogue opens with cheap shot for 4 seconds and then uses kidney shot as a finisher which at that point will be good for another 3-5 seconds of stun. Nobody needs to wait on their DPS and the axe thrower should go down quickly with no damage taken. The only risk here is if the stuns are resisted or the rogue's moves miss, in which case sheeping can be used as backup. A second pet can be held back to Intimidate after kidney shot wears off.
With diminishing returns, Cheap Shot + Kidney shot is one of the best combinations of stuns on timers.

The only thing better is Concussion Blow + Kidney shot, but timing is an issue here.

Charge is horrible if people are planning on stunning, 1 second stun and eats one of the diminishing return stuns.

I've been thinking to try to coordinate a CS + KS CC method. Rogue casts distract, a mage or warlock start winding up a Pyroblast / Soul Fire. Watch the mage/warlcok start casting, then the warlocks and other mages start casting. Rogue counts to 4 and hits CS, then BOOM! By the time he's out of the 7 seconds of stun, he's probably at execute levels of health.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.

Just for everyone's info:

The Coins/Bjiou Count (on Exchange, one of the "Pagekeepers")

Coin:
Bloodscalp 2
Gurubashi 1
Hakkari 1
Razzashi 1
Vilebranch 2
Witherbark 1

Bijou:
Blue 1
Silver 1
Orange 2

For 2 runs and only one boss dropped each time, not bad.

Terenas
Yuri - Mage/Arcane 85 Undead
Thirdrail - Shaman/Resto 85 Tauren
Vicstull - Rogue/Subtlety 85 Troll
Penten - Priest/Discipline 85 Blood Elf
Storage guild Bassomatic