Friday 2/10, Saturday 2/11, Friday 2/17
I received this message from Synergy:
Quote:No changes have been made; I just added the shout to the site to induce a little excitement over our upcoming merger.

Uruha has essentially been dormant in the raiding department so we don't expect to reach 20 members for the ZG raid without Lurkers.  So we are still looking forward to raiding ZG with your guild at the 7-8 PM start time.

One problem maybe warriors I have not really checked this thoroughly, but we really should only take about 4 any more and it becomes a burden.

Also, Uruha are new to vent so your players unable to use vent may have to go without and use the text cues, I will try to accommodate by getting them on TS but be prepared if that doesn't happen.
I sent this reply.
Quote:FYI, the mage I mentioned in my initial message as being a probable member of our raid has confirmed.  So we have 9 cofirmed at this point with a possible 10th. It looks like this will be a 3 guild raid then--The Lurkers, Synergy and Uruha.

We are sending 2 warriors. One is a main tank; the other one, while he is fully competent as a main tank is a DPS warrior.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Looks good. At this point, I think we just proceed tomorrow and see how it goes. Dies will likely give us some feedback afterwards, regarding their plans and what they expect to be able to do with Uruha, and we can go from there. :)
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
FYI re: 2/17 ZG run with LS

tentative roll call for LS will be:

ZG Sat 17th:
1) Deadpriest Priest 60
2) Amentet Lock 60
3) Feero Priest(should be close to 60 by then)
4) Vasska War 60
5) Mistique Choice of Mage/Rogue/War 60
6) Rainz Hunter 60
7) Final (poss)
8) Syonn Mage (poss)
9) Olan War 60 (poss)
10) working on it

Please be aware that I had told LS to bring 10 people for a 10/10 split. We have had only 9 the past 2 weeks. If any additional peope will hit 60 (maybe 59 on a healer--correct me if I'm wrong) by 2/17 and wish to come, or if a level 60 who hasn't come wishes to come, please let us know ASAP. I don't want anyone to get left out from our guild, but at the same time if we get less than 10, it will be fair to let LS know in advance so they can fill the slots.
I realize that some people might not know their Friday schedule well in advance. So, if you won't know until a certain date, let us know about that.
Alram,Feb 10 2006, 11:51 PM Wrote:FYI re: 2/17 ZG run with LS

ZG Sat 17th:

[right][snapback]101807[/snapback][/right]
You mean Friday the 17th, correct? 9 and 9 is good if that's all we can do. The full 20 will help quite a bit. I think that Synergy is assuming wer're up for another run with them and Uruha that night, so we need to let them know we already had plans prior to our run with them today (well, yesterday by now).

Edit: Still planning on being there, hoping to matter this time around...
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
bonemage,Feb 11 2006, 04:10 AM Wrote:You mean Friday the 17th, correct?&nbsp; 9 and 9 is good if that's all we can do.&nbsp; The full 20 will help quite a bit.&nbsp; I think that Synergy is assuming wer're up for another run with them and Uruha that night, so we need to let them know we already had plans prior to our run with them today (well, yesterday by now).

Edit:&nbsp; Still planning on being there, hoping to matter this time around...
[right][snapback]101808[/snapback][/right]
Friday the 17th is what I mean, yes. :P
I whispered Dieseae immediately afrte our raid and told him that we are raiding with another guild next Friday; I did mention that in TS, but you probably missed it.

edit: BTW, I noticed Vor_Lord signed up for Friday the 17th in GA, but not on the chart here on the forum.
Alram,Feb 10 2006, 10:51 PM Wrote:FYI re: 2/17 ZG run with LS

ZG Sat 17th:
1) Deadpriest Priest 60
2) Amentet Lock 60
3) Feero Priest(should be close to 60 by then)
4) Vasska War 60
5) Mistique Choice of Mage/Rogue/War 60
6) Rainz Hunter 60
7) Final (poss)
8) Syonn Mage (poss)
9) Olan War 60 (poss)
10) working on it

[right][snapback]101807[/snapback][/right]

That would be 5 warriors again. Looks like we have plenty of healers, with 2 priests from them and mogo/necrali/fazuul from our side.

Is there a preference on my characters? The rogue is pretty much the same role as warrior, just worse because of gearing differences... so any need for the lock or priest? If you want the lock let me know and I'll get her to 60 this week. She has over half a level to go, but it's full rested I can get there easily by next week. She's Shadow Mastery + Demonic Sacrifice, so saccing a succy should get max mana drain power for a lock.

Anyway... I don't mind bringing another character.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Feb 12 2006, 12:45 AM Wrote:That would be 5 warriors again.&nbsp; Looks like we have plenty of healers, with 2 priests from them and mogo/necrali/fazuul from our side.

Is there a preference on my characters?&nbsp; The rogue is pretty much the same role as warrior, just worse because of gearing differences... so any need for the lock or priest?&nbsp; If you want the lock let me know and I'll get her to 60 this week.&nbsp; She has over half a level to go, but it's full rested I can get there easily by next week.&nbsp; She's Shadow Mastery + Demonic Sacrifice, so saccing a succy should get max mana drain power for a lock.

[right][snapback]101840[/snapback][/right]
Mystique brought his mage to Strat this evening. I think he might bring the mage to ZG as well.

Concillian, does this mean you will be there and we can add you to the chart?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unrelated to your post, Concillian:

Anytime somebody signs up here on the boards for an instance run, if things change and you cannot make it, let us know. Please do not just not show up, especially when another guild is involved.
Concillian,Feb 11 2006, 10:45 PM Wrote:That would be 5 warriors again.&nbsp; Looks like we have plenty of healers, with 2 priests from them and mogo/necrali/fazuul from our side.

Is there a preference on my characters?&nbsp; The rogue is pretty much the same role as warrior, just worse because of gearing differences... so any need for the lock or priest?&nbsp; If you want the lock let me know and I'll get her to 60 this week.&nbsp; She has over half a level to go, but it's full rested I can get there easily by next week.&nbsp; She's Shadow Mastery + Demonic Sacrifice, so saccing a succy should get max mana drain power for a lock.

[right][snapback]101840[/snapback][/right]

Well, so far we have 15 people signed up to go. Our problem on the Synergy run wasn't necessarily that we had 5 warriors, it's that we had 5 warriors and 4 rogues, really gimping our ranged DPS.

List below has in parentheses the count if our normal expected lurkers can come (Fazuul and Octord still don't know). It doesn't include any of your characters.

3 Priests
3 Mages
1 (2) Warlocks
4 Warriors
1 Shaman
1 Rogue
2 Hunters
0 (1) Druids

Conc would be the technical choice for tank #2 due to gear and experience, but for guild relations/fairness maybe Olan or Finalscore can do that role.

With 3 priests and 3 mages we're in MUCH better shape for Jeklik phase 1, and our ranged DPS in this group is a lot better which should make Venoxis phase 1 quite a bit shorter.

An extra soulstone is always nice to have. Because the corpse run is so short (I believe it is faster to run than spend all that time rezzing and drinking), I like the idea of soulstoning whatever classes are most important so they can rejoin the battle. I think it'd be ok to bring whatever you prefer (for the mana drain, 2 hunters + existing lock should be enough, as 3 mages should make sufficient AoE for the bats). The other big need is spell interrupts for phase 2 to keep her from healing herself. Only one shaman and one rogue, so that leaves warriors and mages to pick up the slack. Phase 2 is very chaotic with the bombs dropping everywhere and needing to move constantly, so we might have some trouble with the spell interrupting.

The warlock is probably preferable for Venoxis, but honestly I don't think he'll present much of a problem with our current divisions.

Places we're lacking:

Only one shaman. She's awesome, but totem coverage will only be in the MT group. Hey maybe Kosch will level up and come along soon ;)

Only one rogue. The faster you bring Jeklik to 50% the fewer bat packs will spawn. Mages will be busy with AoE, so the more DPS the rest can bring the better. DPS warriors do a pretty good job in the rogue role, and given the gear differential I think Conc > Concillianne for sure. Not sure how Lianne's DPS compares to Conc's.

No druids (Fazuul hopefully will come). Combat rez is very nice.
OK, keep in mind that I don't konw what I'm talking about when it comes to the specifics of the Jeklik encounter.
We had 5 warriors and 3 rogues, 1 mage and 1 warlock. We lamented that lack of adequate AoE was what caused our defeats. Perhaps in recognition of the paucity of AoE we should have handled the encounter differently. Instead of the mage trying to kill the bats, we might have done better with a warrior tanking the bats and 1-2 rogues or warriors killing them off, with the mage hitting the boss. If a new flock of bats comes up only after the previous flock of bats dies, perhaps this could have worked.
Also everyone could have been furnished with a healthstone. As a rogue I had to burn a bandage and a potion each time we fought the boss and I still died.
Alram,Feb 12 2006, 02:00 PM Wrote:OK, keep in mind that I don't konw what I'm talking about when it comes to the specifics of the Jeklik encounter.
We had 5 warriors and 3 rogues, 1 mage and 1 warlock. We lamented that lack of adequate AoE&nbsp; was what caused our defeats. Perhaps in recognition of the paucity of AoE we should have handled the encounter differently. Instead of the mage trying to kill the bats, we might have done better with a warrior tanking the bats and 1-2 rogues or warriors killing them off, with the mage hitting the boss. If a new flock of bats comes up only after the previous flock of bats dies, perhaps this could have worked.
Also everyone could have been furnished with a healthstone. As a rogue I had to burn a bandage and a potion each time we fought the boss and I still died.
[right][snapback]101854[/snapback][/right]

Jeklik is near impossible w/o adequate AOE to kill the bat groups. Having said that, the faster you get her to 50% the less bats you see. W/o adequate AOE, you spend too much mana healing mages that you'll need later for the tank and others. Melee be ready to bandage yourselves if conditions permit.

Also, if you get her to 20%, she starts hitting harder. Healers be ready.

--Mav
I received confirmation today. The list is different than the original tentative list. LS is bringing:
2 priests
2 locks
1 druid
1 shaman
1 warrior
1 hunter
2 mages (can bring 1 mage and 1warrior or rogue instead. When he asked my opinion I said mage.)

I told him we will probably only have a maximum of 9 Lurkers. Mystique will work on getting 1 more Lost Soul.

Not counting the unknown 20th player and assuming the same Lurker configuration we had on 2/10, this would make:

3 priests
3 locks
2 druids
2 shamans
3 warriors
2 hunters
3 mages
1 rogue

There is no lack of AoE, ranged attacks or DPS. There are 4 melee folks plus 2 pets and lots of healers. We have lots of mana draining potential and cc. It looks good to me.
Alram,Feb 12 2006, 10:56 PM Wrote:I told him we will probably only have a maximum of 9 Lurkers. Mystique will work on getting 1 more Lost Soul.
[right][snapback]101884[/snapback][/right]
Although I agree that Mystique should look for an 11th, I'd prefer that we still keep the 10th Lurker slot as ours, in case we do have a 10th Lurker. Perhaps have the 11th Lost Soul as a "likely reserve", with the chance that he/she might not go. We also don't want to give up the 10th slot on a permanent basis, as we have klaus (Xarhud) who should very soon become the 10th "regular" capped Lurker on Friday nights. With gantor and Swirly as "irregulars", we don't want the Lost Souls to ever get in the habit of bringing 11, as we want our "irregulars" to have a good shot at a slot when they do come. An even split works out quite fairly, as each guild will have to manage their reserves.

Note: The word "irregular" should not be read as "abnormal", but as "those possessing a less consistent schedule than others".
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
bonemage,Feb 13 2006, 02:17 AM Wrote:Although I agree that Mystique should look for an 11th, I'd prefer that we still keep the 10th Lurker slot as ours, in case we do have a 10th Lurker.&nbsp; Perhaps have the 11th Lost Soul as a "likely reserve", with the chance that he/she might not go.&nbsp; We also don't want to give up the 10th slot on a permanent basis, as we have klaus (Xarhud) who should very soon become the 10th "regular" capped Lurker on Friday nights.&nbsp; With gantor and Swirly as "irregulars", we don't want the Lost Souls to ever get in the habit of bringing 11, as we want our "irregulars" to have a good shot at a slot when they do come.&nbsp; An even split works out quite fairly, as each guild will have to manage their reserves.

Note:&nbsp; The word "irregular" should not be read as "abnormal", but as "those possessing a less consistent schedule than others".
[right][snapback]101893[/snapback][/right]
Don't worry. There is no question of us permanently giving up that last slot. Not only is Xarhud up and coming, Mavfin is on his way, Papasmurf will be back, Swirly, Flash, and Sirdie could change their minds, etc. In fact in a recent conversation with some Lurker(s) I had suggested that Xarhud might be ready on 2/17, and was told not to expect it. I pointed out that gaining 1 level per day was possible, but then it was pointed out to me that given the amount of time Klaus can play vs. my play time it was improbable. And I have had recent communication with Swirly, Sirdie, and Flash. I do my best to stay on top of things. Don't worry. :)

I believe this thread is regarding Friday, Feb. 17, correct? Fazuul will be there on Friday, to the very best of my knowledge.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Alram,Feb 12 2006, 09:56 PM Wrote:Not counting the unknown 20th player and assuming the same Lurker configuration we had on 2/10, this would make:

3 priests
3 locks
2 druids
2 shamans
3 warriors
2 hunters
3 mages
1 rogue

There is no lack of AoE, ranged attacks or DPS. There are 4 melee folks plus 2 pets and lots of healers. We have lots of mana draining potential and cc. It looks good to me.
[right][snapback]101884[/snapback][/right]

That looks like a very nice mix. I would say that it doesn't really matter what mystique brings if we have 2 other mages and 3 other warlocks. No need to force him to play a specific character if he'd rather play a different one.

I got the ET legs + a libram for +100 health on them and the Ornate Adamantium Breastplate, so my tanking gear should be up to snuff if I can meet up with Treesh beforehand sometime. I need (and have mats for) +100 chest, +7 STA shield and +9 STA bracer.

That should put me around 5000 unbuffed HP / 7000-ish armor / 356 defense, so I should be well up to the task for off-tanking duty if needed or DPS duty as required.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Concillian,Feb 13 2006, 02:45 PM Wrote:That looks like a very nice mix.&nbsp; I would say that it doesn't really matter what mystique brings if we have 2 other mages and 3 other warlocks.

I got the ET legs + a libram for +100 health on them and the Ornate Adamantium Breastplate, so my tanking gear should be up to snuff if I can meet up with Treesh beforehand sometime.&nbsp; I need (and have mats for) +100 chest, +7 STA shield and +9 STA bracer.

That should put me around 5000 unbuffed HP / 7000-ish armor / 356 defense, so I should be well up to the task for off-tanking duty if needed or DPS duty as required.
[right][snapback]101918[/snapback][/right]

Don't let anyone fool you. That's plenty enough to MT Jeklik or Venoxis. Just move out of the fire or poison toward the end of either one. So, if you get the call to do it, you or Durambar can handle it.

Keshi, atm, with the legs she has, is only 4750 hp unbuffed, and about 7400 armor unbuffed, and 15.2/10.2/13.2 block/dodge/parry, and 388 def. I haven't put a libram on my legs yet, as I'm waiting for something better to put it on. As you can see, you're in the same territory that I tank stuff in MC with when I go. So kick some tail. And good luck.

--Mav
Mavfin,Feb 13 2006, 03:04 PM Wrote:Don't let anyone fool you.&nbsp; That's plenty enough to MT Jeklik or Venoxis.&nbsp; Just move out of the fire or poison toward the end of either one.&nbsp; So, if you get the call to do it, you or Durambar can handle it.

Keshi, atm, with the legs she has, is only 4750 hp unbuffed, and about 7400 armor unbuffed, and 15.2/10.2/13.2 block/dodge/parry, and 388 def.&nbsp; I haven't put a libram on my legs yet, as I'm waiting for something better to put it on.&nbsp; As you can see, you're in the same territory that I tank stuff in MC with when I go. So kick some tail.&nbsp; And good luck.
[right][snapback]101921[/snapback][/right]

Conc is only talking about off tanking because Durambar has better gear and a better spec for main tanking. :) Conc is also likely better geared and experience at tanking than the folks from Lost Souls.

But since he is a 15 prot / 5 fury/ 31 arms we like to have him DPS when we can, though he's MT'd plenty for us too and is very solid at that. All the L60 Lurkers on Terenas are fine gear wise for MC, Ony, or ZG, we just don't have the numbers for the other ones. Conc is aware of this but well since it's a group the likes to be prepared for anything he keeps upping his tanking gear when he gets a shot. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
You're absolutely right that I am talking about off-tanking because Durambar will make a better MT.

As for upgrading my gear, before UBRS I was sitting at 28 less defense, so not nearly as good a shape. But I recently got err.... "a shield", and ET legs and OAB that signficantly improved tanking gear. Getting over 350 defense and approaching 5000 unbuffed life I felt puts me in a good position for real tanking duties, so that's why I mentioned it.

I'm perfect for the role of off-tank though, because once my target is down, I can put away my dagger, whip out my pole and start doing some real damge.
Gnollguy,Feb 13 2006, 03:08 PM Wrote:Conc is only talking about off tanking because Durambar has better gear and a better spec for main tanking.&nbsp; :)&nbsp; Conc is also likely better geared and experience at tanking than the folks from Lost Souls.

But since he is a 15 prot / 5 fury/ 31 arms we like to have him DPS when we can, though he's MT'd plenty for us too and is very solid at that.&nbsp; All the L60 Lurkers on Terenas are fine gear wise for MC, Ony, or ZG, we just don't have the numbers for the other ones.&nbsp; Conc is aware of this but well since it's a group the likes to be prepared for anything he keeps upping his tanking gear when he gets a shot.&nbsp; :)
[right][snapback]101923[/snapback][/right]

Hehe, I guess I'm trying to be encouraging, since my char isn't big enough to go yet!

--Mav
Mavfin,Feb 13 2006, 05:30 PM Wrote:Hehe, I guess I'm trying to be encouraging, since my char isn't big enough to go yet!
[right][snapback]101931[/snapback][/right]

And we will be certainly glad when you're char is grown up enough to come with us. :D
VoiceMan

Terenas: