Shocking new 1.10 Item Info today
Another speedazon alternative would be a double-upgraded Rogue's Bow. Assuming you get a perfect one, you've got 19-83 damage for an average of 51, which compares well with Riphook, and you get 30% Deadly Strike on top of that!. And it's got 50% IAS!!

OK, so the Deadly Strike isn't as valuable when you've got Crtitical Strike, but it is worthwhile. Add in the small resist bonus and the hefty 100% to Undead bennie, and I think you've got a winner. The only downside is the hefty 127 strength requirement.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
hum.. that recipe looks useful. Makes it easier to get a decent weapon, though cruel elites will prolly still have the edge.

As for the `omg bonesnap', IK maul is faster and definitely better vs demons.
The most glaring item (taken up by everyone in this thread and wereform players in particular) is the Ribcracker. While it would be THE superb weapon for a wereform, the wereform "Achilles' Heel" vs. Physical Immunes remains. Unless that is addressed (like adding another digit to Fireclaws), wereforms are still stopped cold and remain dependant on additional equipment.

All in all, you're not gaining much with a Stalagmite Ribcracker over a 1.09 IKMaul. Yes, fast. Yes, huge. Yes, Crushing Blow. Yes, Defense (pardon me, but how many Wolves and Bears out there actually WALK? Yeah, Thought so). Point of fact is that the Ribcracker was a SUPREMELY viable wereform weapon from the get-go. The ability to upgrade it to an elite is icing on the cake... but I don't see the cake being changed overmuch.

I don't see it as a huge unbalancing effect on other mêlée-class characters either. Paladins could certainly try it, but given the lack of blocking due to shieldlessness, it seems rather limiting. A paladin could use an IKmaul at this moment, too... but you don't see it overmuch. Paladin's have several skills and unilateral choices when it comes to shielding, so I believe this would be uncommon except in RBD circumstances.

Barbarians could certainly use this staff to their benefit. Considering, however, that it foregos any dual wielding and also gives no skills or resists... I don't see the imbalance. It would, however, make an awesome Whirling Weapon of the likes that D2C Lancers had/have.

The exclusion of the Buriza-Do Kyanon from this is, as already indicated, foolish. Upgrading your Buriza-Do to a Colossus Crossbow doesn't overly boost the weapon, while it does enforce some hefty additional Strength requirements. All-in-all, I would argue that this places the Buriza-Do Kyanon where it was SUPPOSED to be in the first place. The unfortunate part of the equation is that the Buriza-Do remains an Exceptional weapon and highly "findable". Its rarity should be far greater than it is, and this Cube recipe does nothing to address that. :(

Contrary to wishes, I don't believe for a moment that this "Upgrading" will be available for Set items. LoD provided the "Upgrading" to the normal sets with the Partial Set bonuses. Now, with the advent of 1.10, it would seem that the "class-specific" sets are also receiving Partial Set bonuses. All in all, this would give three effective levels of Sets: D2C "partial" sets, D2X sets, 1.10 class-specific sets. Sigon's vs. Hwanin's vs. Immortal King's. Seems balanced to me.

Also, there wouldn't really be much use in also having an "Upgrade" to armors or defensive items. A Sacred Armor Corpsemourn is really only adding a tad more defense and a LOT more Strength requirement. Considering the fickle nature of defense in the gameplay, that would seem a waste of runes to upgrade. :huh:

I have to agree with the gist of the conversation that ShadowHM and I had regarding this topic: It would have been a helluva lot better if the "Upgrading" were to affect RARE weapons instead of Unique. <_<

What I *do* see as nice about the Upgrading recipe is the ramifications it may have on variant play and roleplaying. The ability to weave the construction and betterment of equipment (without endless MF replacement runs) is attractive. It gives a new reality to work with when dealing with self-imposed limitations and roleplaying aspects. I think it'll be rather fun. :)

*tips helm*
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Thats going to be a good weapon for any class.
I have a question here, does the recipie reroll the unique stats if they are variable? If not maybe it should. This would give people that dont have the perfect example of a base item the chance to get there. And may discourage some people not to ruin a perfect one. ( I have my doubts about this one.)

I myself was excited about Steeldriver...VERY excited, I just started a mace barb around a nice one. (243%ED) Looking at the base ED on CB at 200-240% compared to 250% max for Steeldriver, I was thinking one could get slightly more damage (or at least the same) with incredible speed. But I guess that 20-20 damage is modified by the ED since everyone elses damage calcs are 100 points or so lower than CBs high end. Still I will be saving my ral/lum/pul runes to see if this one makes it in...500+ is still alot of damage.

BTW did anyone mention Butcher's Pupil? Ohh my!
Fragbait,Jun 3 2003, 09:43 AM Wrote:Perhaps he meant this leaked 1.10 unique:

Earth Shifter
Thunder Maul

Two-Hand Damage: (119-136) To (633.5-724) (376.25-430 Avg)
Durability: 60
Base Weapon Speed: [20]
Str Req: 253&nbsp;&nbsp; <--- omg!
Clvl Req: 69

+250-300% Enhanced Damage (varies)
+50% Damage To Undead
+2-3 To Elemental Skills (Druid Only) (varies)
25% Chance To Cast Level 14 Fissure On Striking
10% Increased Attack Speed
33% Chance of Crushing Blow
Level 14 Volcano (30 charges)
What the...? That's just rediculous. No Elemental druid will ever put that many points into str and no wereform would waste their time with the elemental tree. Does Blizzard ever even really stop to think about these bonuses?
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
I wonder.

I wonder if the etherial mod is maintained in any weapon(I assume it is).

Of course in the case of Ginthers it wouldnt matter if the indestructable mod was there, but it might be interesting.
Quote:I wonder if the etherial mod is maintained in any weapon(I assume it is)

Fraizer mentioned that yes, ethereal is kept using this recipe. It does bring up the question of an upgraded ethereal azurewrath(1.09) or ginthers; ethereal phase blades?

As for upgrading sets, I hope not. Many set pieces are designed around the base item type, their mods would be strange (and unbalanced) on elite versions.

The leaked aldurs set ended up with what, 450% ED for the full set? I can't really see that on a devil star :)
I agree with Nico, I don't see this upgrading as unbalancing, but rather as leveling the playing feild. The major thing that separates "godly" players from your average joe player is the amount of cruel elites(found in cows) and the amount of uber elite/exceptional uniques they have MFed.

There may be a few that are better than others, but in general this recipe should allow average players more of a chance to gain weapons that are viable for Hell use. It will also greatly change the variety of such weapons. The runes may even be more easily obtained, if they allow cubing past Thul in 1.10.

Unfortunately most elite uniques(as well as cruel elites) are overpowered(IMHO) as of 1.09. Raising other players to that overpowered state does not seem a good thing to me. I just hope Blizz does a good job balancing the new Hell diff to compete with the legions of new high powered players.

I don't think we can tell how good a job they have done until we see the monsters....
From the Arreat Summit FAQ:

Quote:Are there Exceptional and Elite Circlets?
Not really but for certain purposes the last two Circlets might be considered Exceptional or Elite.

If there are unique circlets in 1.10, does this mean that you could upgrade a circlet to a diadem or tiara?
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
[Image: elite5.jpg]

:blink:

cu
Very impressive, but a 300% ethereal cruel with ohm and zod would do 20-40 less damage, no crushing blow, but could have a suffix as well(quickness anyone?). Not that I have ever had any zods or ohms though :(

I see this as quite a powerful item, but not abusive considering what else is out there. Such an overpowered weapon will just become more freely available.
Quote:Guess what I have just acquired? A perfect, ethereal Hone Sudan!! =D&nbsp;
Post Settings

Lucky Bastard!!!

With this new info I am DEFINITELY sticking with my plan for a cookie cutter (or what seems to be with new skills) zon and digging for Lycanders, riphook, or (Roxxors awesome) Goldstrike Arch (Would be the better best bow.)
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
If they were weapons, perhaps. Kind of like frisbee's...
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Well, if everything gets powered up, than everything would still be balance when compared to each other, right?
Two items that made elite could have serious potential:
HoZ for smiters

and, I cant belive it has been forgotten:
SHADOWFANG

-Wapptor
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
I like Blizzard's solution to the Buriza Do Kyanon with the 1.10 cube formulas: The weapon tempering formula works with any weapon except for the Buriza.

Very subtle. :)
Wapptor,Jun 4 2003, 11:09 AM Wrote:and, I cant belive it has been forgotten:
SHADOWFANG

No Wap, it hasn't been forgotten...

Dozer,Jun 3 2003, 06:40 AM Wrote:and we can make our own elite Shadowfang

It was just posted on page one that nobody will read now.

I STILL want my Elite Wirts Leg

Laters,
Baal.
Blood for the Blood God!
Skulls for the Throne of Khorne!
- Warcry of Khorne's Champions.
mageofthesands,Jun 4 2003, 09:34 AM Wrote:Well, if everything gets powered up, than everything would still be balance when compared to each other, right?
Note the "if" there. That's a pretty big "if" and so far the indications are that your statement might wind up looking a little like this:

Since many things are getting powered up, then many things will retain balance when compared to one another.

I mentioned Smiters earlier, but then there's still so little known about 1.10 equipping and synergies that Smiters are hard to comment on at this point. Same again with throwers. That leak a while back indicated nothing by way of new unique throwing weapons below elite quality and making the end game such that a recipe like this becomes attractive doesn't look to hot for a thrower if some throwable uniques don't appear.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Jugalator,Jun 3 2003, 12:28 PM Wrote:
Fragbait,Jun 3 2003, 09:43 AM Wrote:Earthshifter? :blink:

I know the Grandfather, but never heard of Earthshifter. You don't mean Earthshaker(132,5 average), do you?
Perhaps he meant this leaked 1.10 unique
correct :-)
I am not trying to post like a Wanker but my english has a pretty strong krautish influence.

Feel free to flame the content but give me some slack on spelling an grammar, thanks Smile

There's no place like 127.0.0.1