Shocking new 1.10 Item Info today
I disagree. All that adding something like that would do is make it such that people would have to use more resources to get what they want (but in the end they will get it and the game will be unbalanced if this isn't thought through accordingly). Remember the lesson that Diablo II and D2: LoD has taught those of us that paid attention: Always think about the end-game and EXPECT that players will put in the time to get the "unattainable" items and make sure that they do NOT break the game. :)
-TheDragoon
Headstriker (like Buriza) gets its damage from a flat +Damage/Character Level and so would not benefit THAT much from being upgraded to an elite (compared to something with 300% Enhanced Damage or a +%Damage/Character Level modifier). The weapons to look for to be game-breakers would be those with a large amount of +%Damage modification and low-damage base weapons (currently) as they can get crazy when upgraded according to what they've said. My personal favorites would have to be Crainte Vomir and Ribcracker for watching their damage fly up when upgraded to elite.
-TheDragoon
But compared to a Ribcracker, that item is child's play. ;) Well, if this actually DOES get implemented (and base item damages aren't adjusted) then getting either Ribcracker or Steeldriver early in a ladder run would nearly make a Wereform unstoppable in its ascent up the ladder (if one could find the runes). :lol:
-TheDragoon
Im guessing 90% of all uber melee builds will be build on ribcracker.
The most important question...

What's an exceptional Gidbinn like? :P

Ok, umm, back on topic. Uniques with ITD are vastly improved after getting upgraded to elites.

- Spineripper (Poignard): ITD, PMH, 8% life steal, and +15% IAS to go with 20% faster base weapon speed.
When upgraded, it goes from about 59 average damage to about 136 average damage per swing.

- Heart Carver (Rondel): ITD and 35% deadly strike. It goes from around 82 damage to 169 (Not taking into account deadly strike).

- Zakarum's Hand (Rune Scepter): ITD, 8% mana steal, +30% IAS. 55 avg dmg upped to 138.

- The Impaler (War Spear): ITD, PMH, +20% IAS. 60 avg dmg upped to 196.

- Skewer of Krintiz (Sabre): ITD, 7% mana steal. 13 dmg -> 31 (exceptional) -> 64 (elite).
Even upgrading, this one is pretty much totally inferior to the unique exceptional sabre, namely...

- Hexfire (Shamshir): ITD, +3 Fire Skills. 80 -> 135. A fun choice for a melee sorceress.

Some of these compare fairly well with an upgraded Coldsteel Eye (116 avg dmg +50% deadly strike, 6% mana steal, +20% IAS) even if the character doesn't care about ITD.
Any melee character without +AR skills (e.g. PD necro, melee sorc) will certainly like one of these weapons.

- Dagni
Quote:Some other good items for a Wereform would be an elite Steeldriver or an elite Crainte Vomir.

I was thinking of steeldriver as well- think not only of the 82-540(with best ed%) damage elite version, and the 40% IAS, but the 50% reqs really interest me.

82-540 damage with only 123 str required to wear?

Course ribcracker beats it hands down.
*Imagines the power of an upgraded Hone Sudan.*
Back to reality
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Spire of Honor
War Pike (Ethereal)

Damage: (143.75-168.5) To (707.5-841) (425.625-504.75 Avg)
Required Level: 66
Required Strength: 165
Required Dexterity: 106
Durability: 25
Base Weapon Speed: [20]
+150-200% Enhanced Damage
Adds 20-40 Damage
+ (1.5 Per Character Level) 1.5-148.5 % Damage To Demons (Based On Character Level)
20% Faster Hit Recovery
Replenish Life +20
+25% Bonus To Attack Rating
+25% Enhanced Defense
+3 To Combat Skills (Paladin Only)
+3 To Light Radius

Perfect weapon for an Act II merc? Tons of damage (even more for a might merc), +AR, great Replenish Life, +defense. I can't think of a better one.
Thanks to that Gibdin comment I just thought of something... what happens if you use this recipe on Khalim's complete Weapon?

Will it make Khalim's with requirments? Will the recipe even work, and if it doesn't give requirments, and if it DOES work, it'll be an incredible way to level up early on even without consulting to mad cow rushes (of course until you want to finish act 3, but with elite khalim's you could be lvl 30 in the time it normally takes you to get to 15-20).
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Hail everybody,

Coldsteel Eye and The Atlantean would be very neat, too, as well as Pierre Tombal Couant, Bloodtree Stump, Pus Spitter(Requirements -60%), Cliffkiller, Goldstrike Arch, Bonesnap and Steeldriver. <<EDIT: forgot Boneslayer Blade ;) .>>

In short: every normal/exceptional unique (meant to deal damage) weapon with 200+ '% enhanced damage' will be pretty fine.

Greetings, Fragbait

EDIT: Very good Necro weapon on the switch due to small requirements:

etheral Pus Spitter (elite) Gorgon Crossbow:
base damage: 25-87
etheral base damage: 37.5-130.5

real damage:[62.5-80]-[217.5-278.4] (140-179.2 avg)
real etheral damage:[93.75-120]-[326.25-417.6] (210-268.8 avg)

requirements: lvl: 50, str: 47, dex: 42
speed: 0

+150-220% Enhanced Damage(varies)
+150 Poison Damage Over 8 Seconds
Requirements -60%
9% Chance To Cast Level 6 Poison Nova When Struck
4% Chance To Cast Level 1 Lower Resist On Striking
+ (5 Per Character Level) 5-495 To Attack Rating (Based On Character Level)
10% Increased Attack Speed
+2 To Necromancer Skill Levels
10% To Maximum Poison Resist
Poison Resist +25%
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
kandrathe,Jun 2 2003, 09:46 PM Wrote:I'm not so impressed with the 163 Str requirement of a Colossus Crossbow.&nbsp; -53 Dex is quite a bit of lost damage.
Yep, and now GFraizer has posted that the Buriza can't be upgraded and he think it's the only exception. :lol:

But I don't think it was really necessary. Other items can be made better. The Buri could get comparable in dmg or even better dmg than the Windforce, but definitely not speed. And then there's the dex problem.

But perhaps it's an acknowledgment from Blizzard that they thought the Buriza was overpowered and found this way a good one to punish that Exceptional Unique abomination. :)
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
GF commented today that the Buriza would not work with this formula, and was the only one exempted.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Okay, I really hate that. Exceptions in a system as small as the D2 world are stupid. Especially since in this case it isn't even clear that the gun would be all that much better, given the requirement changes, etc. Not only that, but it's an overt cop out explanation for why that could ever be a problem in the first place. Because it shouldn't be, had the buriza been a balanced weapon in the first place.

Balance the weapon, don't change the goddamn rules.
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
Earthshifter? :blink:

I know the Grandfather, but never heard of Earthshifter. You don't mean Earthshaker(132,5 average), do you?

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Look at the mace uniques. Bonesnap, etc.

Good friggin lord.

Lets try this on for size:

BONESNAP
Two-Hand Damage: (93-124) To (132-176) (112.5-150 Avg)
Required Level: 24
Required Strength: 69
Durability: 60
Base Weapon Speed: [10]
+200-300% Enhanced Damage(varies)
50-200% Damage To Undead(varies)
40% chance of Crushing Blow*
Cold Resist +30%
Fire Resist +30%

Turns into
77 to 106 + 300% = 308-424 with an enormous damage to undead and crushing blow :) Mmmm fun.
I wonder if this will work with set items too.

I mean, it'd be a neat way to upgrade those low level sets that come with a weapon and are next to useless later on.

Vidala's Crusader Bow? Yay! ^_^
@Nebuul:
But it's slow. And Ribcracker is better. :)
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
Fragbait,Jun 3 2003, 09:43 AM Wrote:Earthshifter? :blink:

I know the Grandfather, but never heard of Earthshifter. You don't mean Earthshaker(132,5 average), do you?
Perhaps he meant this leaked 1.10 unique:

Earth Shifter
Thunder Maul

Two-Hand Damage: (119-136) To (633.5-724) (376.25-430 Avg)
Durability: 60
Base Weapon Speed: [20]
Str Req: 253 <--- omg!
Clvl Req: 69

+250-300% Enhanced Damage (varies)
+50% Damage To Undead
+2-3 To Elemental Skills (Druid Only) (varies)
25% Chance To Cast Level 14 Fissure On Striking
10% Increased Attack Speed
33% Chance of Crushing Blow
Level 14 Volcano (30 charges)
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
Walkiry,Jun 3 2003, 09:19 PM Wrote:I wonder if this will work with set items too.
I hope they release ways to upgrade armour and sets, that would be great.

I want my Elite Sigons Set!
Come on, you have to admit, that would just be funny... This Barb around level 80 or so just standing there in his really really shiny suit of armour.
I want a Display Aura for Sigons, I would wear it if it had that.... I mean, in every game, I find it... twice if it is a Cow game.

O well, if they bring out an Armour Recipe, you know all the Duping Lamers will be making their Shaftstops, Skullders and Gazes elite. (All Perfect 1.08's, found by them of course <_< )

I want to upgrade my Wirts Leg, I deserve a Elite Wirts Leg, after all that little sod put my Warrior thru. :angry:

Night,
Baal.

P.S. Does anyone think a Bloodtree Stump (Unique War Club) is any good?
At the moment it adds like 5 to Mace Mastery, so could a Bash or Concentrate Mace Barb (like mine) upgrade this and get something that compares to the IK Maul until I find a 1.10 version of the IK.
Blood for the Blood God!
Skulls for the Throne of Khorne!
- Warcry of Khorne's Champions.
Guess what I have just acquired? A perfect, ethereal Hone Sudan!! =D
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!