A Lurker Lounge Contest
Super style points for the proper use of the word "nadir" - rofl :)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

From a logical perspective and given the text contained below is applicable to D2X 1.10, players who seek success should adhere to the following guidelines; one would find it states they who do obey them will generally enjoy more than comes to whom that does not.
(A touch of Diablo haiku--I'm brain dead at the moment.)

barb on side of road
smashing skeletons
points way with femur

sign in front of Atma's
desert tavern
"WUG spoke here"

amazon charging
in Sanctuary Arcane
shows no underwhere
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Vornzog,Jun 26 2003, 06:52 AM Wrote:...First person to name the author gets a cookie! ...
Captain N. Tenille, USN
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
(Discovered by a pile of cast off treasure , undelivered as of yet )

Dear Mr. Nilithak ,
Thank you so very much for leaving a red portal open on my doorstep <_< , and I truly appreciate the rumors you spread about me having a stash of Windforces - now those obnoxious "adventurers" have created a bizarre form of software that constantly harasses me day and night , only taking items they deem "uber" :blink: ; can the undead never rest around here ?!? If something is not done about the constant disruptions to my sleep of the undead soon , I shall report you to the Head Administrator , Mr. Baal - and don't tell me to wait for patch 1.10 , you know that will not fool the loot grabbers for long !!

Great , here they come again .......
Occhi wants more a dis, okay I got more...(on a roll indeed...)

Hot or Hot

It was a hot day at the Hellforge, bone-searingly hot, so hot that MSLE Haephesto paused briefly at his work of forging worthless Tal runes to wonder if it was hotter than usual, before remembering this was both Hell and a forge, and thus by definition always pretty freaking hot--when suddenly a hail of piercing guided arrows from off screen cut him down as he shouted "WTF? Trigger!!".
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Naphta, 70 Warlock, 350 goblin engineer
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Nezeramontias, 33 priest
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
The Glorious Adventures of Corian_Countertop, part Deux

Corian_Countertop trudged grimly through the thin muck and discarded carapaces littering the twisting tunnels of the aptly-if-unimaginatively-named Maggot Lair, stalking The Big Honkin' Immobile Maggot of legend, when suddenly the thought occurred to him that if goddamned (literally!) insects could traverse this thing on a daily basis, why was Raoul, his otherwise trusty merc and boon companion, hung up in a corner halfway across the level?
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
We have the roll, now for the...

Corian_Countertop, burdened with the swag of ages to the point where he could carry no more, stepped through the portal back to Kurast only to be greeted with a strange sight, for Cain was not alone--a toadying young fellow busied himself making coffee, while a prim secretary expertly took Cain's suddenly interrupted long-winded dictation, and two fellows with eyeshades and adding machines worked the books of the item-ID racket of Cain, who raised his head and said grandiosely to Corian, "Behold, the lost Horadric Staff have returned!".

edit: (Okay, so it's the fourth, not the third. I never claimed I could count.)
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
Quote:amazon charging
in Sanctuary Arcane
shows no underwhere

That is hilarious!
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
...so I cannot tell you how much I've enjoyed your stuff.

Crap, I should've worded that differently.

Thread's turning out great, guys! Keep the goofball rolling. :)

Quote:I twink, therefore I am. --by Gimme Discardes, from Discourse on the Method of Rightly Conducting Gameplay and the Science of Shortcuts
(Bonus points for whoever guesses the title.)

To patch, or not to patch--that is the question
whether 'tis nobler on the 'net to suffer
the arrows and bolts of outrageous cheaters
or to take names against a realm of maphack,
and by opposing end it; to patch--to fret
no more; and by a patch to say we end
the waiting, and the thousand such bugfixes
those chars are heir to; tis a consummation
devoutly to be wish'd.
UPDATE: Spamblaster.
Too easy for me... I played the moody heir to Denmark, once.
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Oh, Ug, how fine you look in your armor so snug,
your rippling muscles so like a tightly woven rug,
they make me squeal with joy as you wail on paladins smug,
and so my dear, you be very careful in Act II with that big bug…
…oh, give me a hug, you, you, Ug!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Uther staggered into Harrogath, staggering from pain and exhaustion, and found the town completely deserted; the only sound audible was the chant, from the far off rogue encampment, of "POTAL POTAL!".

God help us all.

:ph34r:
I Demand Pie.
Zulg, a battle-hardened necromancer of 357 years, strolled into town, his pale skin seeming to glow in the moonlight, as he continued his quest for one who could teach him the ultimate skill of necromancy: White Flash of the Full Moon.

A cookie for anyone who can get that would a lot of thought :P
I Demand Pie.
There was Wirt, sullen, destitute, shivering, and cowering alone in the shadows of Charsi’s makeshift tent, beads of sweat trickled down to the tip of his hawkish nose, as he racked his brain muttering, “Why are these psychopaths ruining my life, first they kill my rescuer, The Butcher, and now they huddle around the fire here in the rogue's camp, chanting their curse “Wug, Wug, get leg, make, make, omfg, make u n00b, get leg, get leg”…what a nightmare, I hope they don't loot my corpse!

Eleven elemental evils elicited excited excretions from the crew of crazed characters, cavorting and cajoling creatures in the den of evil.
Good one. I was thinking about doing a tongue twister, but you took the idea faster. I'm waiting for inspiration to strike me for my fourth entry.
USEast- *x8_tuy

Current A. Basin Characters:
HoIyMackereI: Holy Shock Zealot/Healer Nightmare Act 1 [HC]
AgrelaLaw: Healer/FoH Pally Normal Act 5 [HC]
Proto, sir, I must ask:

What, a clean Horadric Staff joke?

25 Style Points!!!!!! Well done!! :lol:
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I love philosophy, but saphostry better! :D

Running Discards indeed!
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete