Rune word: Steel
Sup all, just have a question. I've tried to make a the 'Steel' rune word for my barb Woad_Swordsman. I got the necessary runes Tir + El, and i put them in the right order, but it didn't work. The sword had 2 sockets, and should of worked, but it didn't. I've been playing D2 for a long time, but i've never really bothered with rune words before, did i do anything wrong, or is it just a bug?
Shoot to Thrill, Play to Kill
Was it a magical (blue text) sword or a socketed (grey text) sword?
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
it was grey text socketed giant sword
no text
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
What version of the game were you playing? 1.09, 1.10, or an earlier version?

- Dagni
1.09 on bnet
Must have been a bug or something?

BTW, was playing 1.09d single-player and found a superior 2-socket long sword (has +13% enhanced dmg), when I placed Tir+El (Steel), the enhanced damage is now +33% enhanced damage (normally Steel only gives +20% enhanced dmg).

So it helps to find a "superior" version of the socketed weapon so that the built-in +xx% enhanced dmg (up to +15% enhanced damage from "superior" version) is added to the runeword's enhanced damage attribute.

~~~~~

So that makes it possible to make a Fury sword with +224% enhanced dmg instead of the usual +209%, right? (assuming one can find the runes and the superior socketed item...)

Just wondering, since Fury does +5 Frenzy, does double-wielding 2 Fury swords make the Barbarian +10 to Frenzy skill or only +5 to Frenzy for each sword?
You're right about how the superior ED stacks.

Skill boosts are never weapon-specific. So you'd get +10.
dta,Jul 24 2003, 11:49 PM Wrote:So it helps to find a "superior" version of the socketed weapon so that the built-in +xx% enhanced dmg (up to +15% enhanced damage from "superior" version) is added to the runeword's enhanced damage attribute.
If I remember correctly, didn't superior items also jack up the repair costs of Runewords?
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
I forgot how prices are calculated (the last I recall reading about item prices were still when D2 was at v1.06 and LoD wasn't released yet...)

Anyway, Superior items tend to increase the prices of rods with +individual skills a lot. I think it sorts of multiplies the cost or something. I once sold a white (non-magical) superior fetish trophy with 2 or 3 +skills (+2 or +3 to a L24 or L30 necro skill) and the vendor buying price for that item was 7,000,000+ (I wonder what's the maximum amount of gold that a character can have in his stash and with the character when at higher levels, if it would be enough to buy back an item that you just sold for 35000 gold pieces).