1.10s Bugs
Let's list bugs found in the Second version of the Beta 1.10 Patch in this thread
Wait, I have one. How about: all your 1.10 version 1 characters are pretty much wiped out? :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Yeah, and how about this one. Nearly every single bug in 1.10 save about 10 of them still exists in 1.10s... :(
OK, that's two, err two-ish anyway, keep em coming ;)
Blizzard: "All your items are belong to us!"

Some one set you up the bomb, Bolty, my condolences. :(
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Someone on the b.net forums is claiming that Paladin Zeal is fixed, and more importantly, if the target dies mid-zeal, the zeal immediately STOPS.

Can anyone verify?

(I know it's not a bug, more like a fix)
I wonder why tons of these bugs weren't fixed. They had plenty of time just to correct some code on some things. I never post bugs or anything in the bnet forum, does anyone here? I wonder if it gets as much feedback as sites such as LL and the AB.
... then yes, it's a bug. A new one.

If I'm surrounded by 5 weak monsters, I expect to kill them all in one zeal cycle. Not have my zeal interrupted after the first hit.
Sjafi,Aug 6 2003, 02:17 AM Wrote:I wonder why tons of these bugs weren't fixed.  They had plenty of time just to correct some code on some things.
Do you know for a fact there was plenty of time to correct and test everything that was fixed, with time to spare for fixing more?

Anyway, by the sounds of things, this item deletion issue caused by a previous bug sounds like a major one. I wouldn't be surprised if this second beta is a direct result of that in fact. If you think about it, it could well be that the earlier 1.10 saved items are just gone and with them any time investment allotted in acquiring them. It would be preferable to put the breaks on further bug fixes, fix that one and release a premature patch just to cover that time investment.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Raziel,Aug 5 2003, 01:37 PM Wrote:Someone on the b.net forums is claiming that Paladin Zeal is fixed, and more importantly, if the target dies mid-zeal, the zeal immediately STOPS.

Can anyone verify?

(I know it's not a bug, more like a fix)
Paladin zeal stopping once the target was dead was in 1.10a.

I would test whether Zeal is fixed, but I like my items.
If the Tombreaver's revive functionality triggers in the den of evil, the den quest cannot be completed (monsters converted still count towards "X monsters left" even after they are gone).

If anyone on b.net manages to equip Tombreaver (lvl 84 req.) before getting around to all the Den quests, I'll be a little surprised. As for those players who get slowed down because a Tombreaver wielding high lvl character trying to help them out messed up the quest, oh well.

Feature? ;)
WarBlade,Aug 5 2003, 05:18 PM Wrote:Anyway, by the sounds of things, this item deletion issue caused by a previous bug sounds like a major one. I wouldn't be surprised if this second beta is a direct result of that in fact. If you think about it, it could well be that the earlier 1.10 saved items are just gone and with them any time investment allotted in acquiring them. It would be preferable to put the breaks on further bug fixes, fix that one and release a premature patch just to cover that time investment.
:mellow: :huh: :o :blink:
*Gasp*
Did I just see someone portray Blizzard in a not-so-horrible light?

Something I haven't seen in a long while ...
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Aug 5 2003, 08:30 PM Wrote::mellow:  :huh:  :o  :blink:
*Gasp*
Did I just see someone portray Blizzard in a not-so-horrible light?

Something I haven't seen in a long while ...
Well, I am in agreement with WarBlade on this. This is a BETA TEST after all. Any time that have worked on computer games in the past that are in the test phases, the most common situation with fixing a series of bugs is that all previous saves become totally unusable. This usually meant restarting everything from scratch in time periods of a few hours to a about 6 weeks depending on when a revision finally became fatal to the saves. Part of the nature of the work.

Considering that the characters themselves are still basically intact (levels, skills, WPs and access to whatever difficulty you were in) is actually a boon. Most by now are aware of nobbies item generation mod that will let the character get some semblance of their preexisting equipment back so that they can continue. Remember that this is for the purpose of finding bugs, not just to be having a lark with a new version of the game. If the latter is your main concern, then you should not have even started with messing with this in the first place. You can expect more things like this with some of the latter test versions (just hopefully not as severe). And I am sure that there will probably be a least two more based on the amount and types of 'bugs' being reported so far, as some are not going to be easy things to fix quickly as many seem to be assuming.
I'm in definate agreement too, it's just a viewpoint that not many people seem to share.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
I'll agree with it. Hey, it's a beta. Deal with it. Besides, the LL population has been wanting rid of the crap on b.net for a long time. If they have to implement a new item save protocol, and it causes this in the beta, so be it. Test it now, rather than later....
--Mav
I tried to make the new rune word Call To Arms (Amn + Ral + Mal + Ist) And it didn't work. The new ones are suppose to work, and I made Famine fine, so I don't know what's going on. I tried it in a Berserker Axe, if anyone else tried a different 4 socket weapon. =/ I wanted my +13 Battle Cry =/ +12 BO and +18 BCmd. But alas, no good.
"Oh dear god, i don't feel alive when you're cut short of misery (raise forth lost cause)
will you pray it be the end? give a look surprise wide eyed to me (raise forth lost cause)"

~Coheed & Cambria
Quote: I tried to make the new rune word Call To Arms (Amn + Ral + Mal + Ist) And it didn't work. The new ones are suppose to work, and I made Famine fine, so I don't know what's going on. I tried it in a Berserker Axe, if anyone else tried a different 4 socket weapon. =/ I wanted my +13 Battle Cry =/ +12 BO and +18 BCmd. But alas, no good.

Call To Arms is now AmnRalMalIstOhm, iirc. So you'll need a 5 socket weapon and an Ohm rune.
Be careful when joining other games that are hosted by players that have downloaded the new patch. I decided not to download the new patch when my husband downloaded the new patch and he lost everything on those characters. So I joined a game he created to give him stuff. The character that I used lost all of his stuff except for the gems. My other characters are still intact though. :blink:
Peanut Gallery,Aug 6 2003, 06:59 PM Wrote:Be careful when joining other games that are hosted by players that have downloaded the new patch.  I decided not to download the new patch when my husband downloaded the new patch and he lost everything on those characters.  So I joined a game he created to give him stuff.  The character that I used lost all of his stuff except for the gems.  My other characters are still intact though. :blink:
You mixed versions and didn't expect any problems? :blink:

Mental Note, in all programs I ever make, make sure there's absolutely no way users can mix versions. Cut them off at the pass
Quote:Call To Arms is now AmnRalMalIstOhm, iirc. So you'll need a 5 socket weapon and an Ohm rune.

5? I didn't see Ohm on Arreat Summit. Well, I can't find Berserker axes over 4 sockets current. =/ Famine will do.

Here's another thing I've noticed - Skeleton Archer Champions do Ice Damage.

Feature?
"Oh dear god, i don't feel alive when you're cut short of misery (raise forth lost cause)
will you pray it be the end? give a look surprise wide eyed to me (raise forth lost cause)"

~Coheed & Cambria