1.10s Bugs
" nobbies item generation mod "

How about informing the rest of us about it? I've found a plethora of bugs in the beta, none of which were fixed or even mentioned as a 'to do' list for the patch, and am fairly disenchanted at the moment playing a character that is still 100% dependant on items thanks to the balance cluster#$%& of 1.10. Very hesitant to download any mods of programs for diablo games, heh.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
Clicky
Quote:
Quote:Call To Arms is now AmnRalMalIstOhm, iirc. So you'll need a 5 socket weapon and an Ohm rune.

5? I didn't see Ohm on Arreat Summit. Well, I can't find Berserker axes over 4 sockets current. =/ Famine will do.

The Arreat Summit hasn't updated its stats yet for the new beta. Call to Arms is the only runeword that's changed, with the addition of Ohm at the end and the resulting extra 50% ED.

Two uniques received actual functionality changes. Nosferatu's Coil had its life steal reduced to 5-7 from 10. BKWKB returned to its previous +1 skills self. Neither of these were updated on the AS, either.

Any berserker axe with ilvl of at least 26 should be able to have 5 sockets.
Coca,Aug 6 2003, 07:54 PM Wrote:Here's another thing I've noticed - Skeleton Archer Champions do Ice Damage. Feature?

Many monsters in v1.10s can now deal elemental damage with their normal physical attacks. You can think of them as being naturally fire/coldghtning/poison enchanted. For your case specifically, "Bone Archers" and "Returned Archers" can both deal cold damage as guest monsters in higher acts. I'm not sure if I'm reading the MPQ files correctly, but it looks like they have a 100% chance to deal +50-80% cold damage with a 3 second duration on an A1 attack (most monsters have two attacks: A1 and A2).
Holy Bolt does not work on Merc.

My new Paladin is still in Act1 so I can't verify this with other types of mercs yet, but my holy bolts pass right thru my Rogue Merc without healing her at all. I tried it on Rclick and Lclick.
Bhima:

Holy Bolts used to pass right through uninjured allies I think. Can you try it again after your merc takes some damage?
It's doing a first rate job of healing my Act1 merc. Perhaps yours just wasn't injured?

On a somewhat related note: I was using Sacrifice on a Tainted boss. I had a click lock and was just waiting for him to die when suddenly my Pally stopped swinging (the Tainted was still alive) and began wandering about. I've never seen a character walk away in mid-attack before. Quite odd.

-DarkCrown
DarkCrown,Aug 7 2003, 04:22 PM Wrote:It's doing a first rate job of healing my Act1 merc. Perhaps yours just wasn't injured?

On a somewhat related note: I was using Sacrifice on a Tainted boss. I had a click lock and was just waiting for him to die when suddenly my Pally stopped swinging (the Tainted was still alive)  and began wandering about.  I've never seen a character walk away in mid-attack before. Quite odd.

-DarkCrown
Your character is a paladin, faithfully defending orphants and widows.
For me, he just felt some pity for the Tainted and decided (on his own) to let him live :)
I've only run into this in 1.10s, so I'm sticking it in this thread.

I haven't been able to duplicate this, but it has happened to me three times, under similar circumstances.

In Act 5 (twice in NM, once in Hell), when in an area where there are a large number of "Guest" monsters, the game will exit just as things get hairy. There is an Alert Box that says:

Assertion Failure
Expression: nListNo < Target_LISTNO_MAX_REGULAR

I assume that it is an issue with incompatible monster types, and possibly involves my use of a Delirium helm. It does seem to happen when Confuse is cast in an area that gets off-screen, but that's hard to say for sure since Confuse is getting cast at an almost steady rate. :)

-rcv-
Holy shield dont display the "Enhanced Defense" on the shield now....I never checked the char screen for that......Also concerning auras....
I made A beast caddy for my one pally, and the auras DO STACK, not flash back and forth....so He was Fanatacized, as well as using my normal conviction/holy freeze combo....As a bear at that.....Also, dont use Breath of the dying in norm....Any monster that may die from the posion nova triggers an additional chance for posion nova...in effect, you cast it over and over from a domino effect....the runeword should be called "Breath of the Lagromancer" ;)....the dmg is great tho

J
*NERDmanWhippy on Us East
Regarding item deletion, the ATMA muling program has a utility that will convert 1.10 beta 1 save files to 1.10s. It seems to work perfectly without any odd errors or mishaps.
I can't seem to revert to 1.09! I reverted, it said success, but when I opened diablo 2 it was still 1.10s... Or at least I thout it was, until I clicked single player, which locked up the game. So I tried to go to 1.10 original, it accepted, so then I re-reverted to 1.09, but the same thing happened!
Plus to skills items on prayer adds to listed healing of cleansing/meditation.
I've got a Wind elementalist druid trying to get past Nightmare. I've done all the quests, but when I kill Baal, I get "this quest cannot be completed in this game". Tyrael appears, but he won't talk to me, and none of the townsfolk give their ending speeches. A "DESTRUCTION'S END" portal pops up, but cannt be entered. I've created new games, but no joy. Anyone got any ideas?
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Bun-Bun :...trying to get past Nightmare...

What level is your Druid, and what level was he when he did the Ancients (A5Q5)? If he was over CLevel 40 when he did the Ancients, then never mind...

Um, also, what stage of the game was he in when you upgraded from 1.10 to 1.10s?

-rcv-
channel1,Aug 17 2003, 09:38 PM Wrote: Bun-Bun :...trying to get past Nightmare...

What level is your Druid, and what level was he when he did the Ancients (A5Q5)?&nbsp; If he was over CLevel 40 when he did the Ancients, then never mind...

Um, also, what stage of the game was he in when you upgraded from 1.10 to 1.10s?

-rcv-
He's level 71 now, due to several unwanted NM Baal runs. :) He was about level 69 when he broke wind on the Ancients. He was in Act 2 NM, about at the Canyon (level 53) when converted from 1.09d. He had to do the Staff/Amulet quests again in A2 because he had a 1.09d Horadric staff. :(
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Hmmm, corrupted character file, I guess. My only idea for "fixing" it within the game would be to join a game made by someone who hasn't done Baal. Maybe you could piggy-back through the task that way.
Bun-Bun,Aug 17 2003, 03: Wrote:I've got a Wind elementalist druid trying to get past Nightmare. I've done all the quests, but when I kill Baal, I get "this quest cannot be completed in this game". Tyrael appears, but he won't talk to me, and none of the townsfolk give their ending speeches. A "DESTRUCTION'S END" portal pops up, but cannt be entered. I've created new games, but no joy. Anyone got any ideas?
What level are you? I have seen similar reports before, and some have speculated that there may now be level requirements for the Baal quest.

Bob
It's a thought. I'll give it a try - I'd hate to have to lose the progress I've made on this guy after rewinding him post-1.10a problems. Thanks.

Update: I tried a TCP/IP game hosted by a character that had not done NM Baal (or any other NM quests for that matter) but the result was similar. After killing Baal, the quest log changed to "you cannot complete this quest because another character previously completed it".

I also noted that save files under 1.10s do not get the appropriate Mac D2 icons, retaining their generic icon.
------
WoW PC's of significance
The blow gun wielding Fethish monsters seem to add poison to their blow gun attacks, however, I have seen no crash inducing with this . . .
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete