1.10s Bugs
Occhidiangela,Aug 18 2003, 01:30 PM Wrote:The blow gun wielding Fethish monsters seem to add poison to their blow gun attacks, however, I have seen no crash inducing with this . . .
Yes, they now have a chance for delivering a poison attack with the blow darts. Why should this be inducing a crash?
That other elemental attacks by Guest monsters were crashing. I just reported that I had not see such.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I figured out more about the zeal bug:

When you have your zeal interrupted (by a block, missed block, getting hit), if you are holding down the attack button then you will immediately start a new zeal. This zeal will always miss.
Now, if your zeal gets interruped and you then click again, as long as you don't click too soon, you will get a normal zeal off.

It seems that the second zeal 'goes off' too soon for any of the attacks to hit. If you make a successfull zeal, that is, one that doesn't get interrupted, then your next zeal will start correctly and you will attack with it normally.

So, in order to play a Paladin now you can't just hold down the zeal attack. You must listen or look for the zeal ending, then click again. I've ben able to play my lvl4 paladin a heck of a lot better now that I've figured this out. Hopefully this advice will prove useful for others.
This seems very similar to the charge bug...interesting.
I get neither Zeal nor Charge bug in tcp-ip games where I am the host and only player.

Please report if you are playing Single Player or TCP/IP hosting.
:huh: I've heard that also fixes the ww bug.
Is it just me, or is someone else having this problem?

This AM before work, did a little Hell Dark Woods mucking about. My game froze four times.

Twice during leap attack, the game got stuck, and twice while entering Town Portals the game hung up. I had to Alt Tab out and wait a bit, 20 to 30 seconds minimum, before it unclogged itself. Nothing running in background.

:( It cost me some gold due to deaths. So, it looks as though the display went screwy and during the short alt tab return the demons made that poor barbarian into hash.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Last night I ran through acts 1 and 2 hell with my poison nova necromancer.
I noticed very odd thing - while single casting of slvl 12 Lower Resist removes poison immunity from
monster (nothing unusual), additional Lower Resist further reduces poison resist of this monster.
This was VERY noticeable - in first case I could barely scratch monsters with my slvl 25 Poison Nova, in second - I took 1-5 novas to kill monster (I'm talking about /players 1).
I was able to reproduce this effect literaly on any poison immune monster from act 5 NM, act 1 Hell and act 2 Hell so far.
May be it's not a bug, but I doubt such behaviour of Lower Resist and immunities was intended.

P.S. I wasn't been able to test this 'feature' with other types of damage.
that could be related to the 1/5 penalty if the monster has 99%+ resist.

so let's say you have lvl 10 lower resist(-55) and the monster has 110% poison resist.

the first time you cast it it's only 1/5 effective, so the resist drops to 99%, then when you cast it the second time since their resist isn't above 99% it's recalculated without the 1/5 penatly, which makes it 55%.
Thanks, that's cleared things to me. But I think it's a bit cheesy - it was intended to work at 20% efficiency, but in fact it works as if there was no immunity at all.
adamantine,Aug 27 2003, 11:18 AM Wrote:that could be related to the 1/5 penalty if the monster has 99%+ resist.

so let's say you have lvl 10 lower resist(-55) and the monster has 110% poison resist.

the first time you cast it it's only 1/5 effective, so the resist drops to 99%, then when you cast it the second time since their resist isn't above 99% it's recalculated without the 1/5 penatly, which makes it 55%.
This is potentially a big deal for Necros (e.g. Amp Damage -100 cracking at all when repeated would nearly wipe out their physical resist) but I forsee Paladins potentially wanting to carry charges of weenie lower resist because if that allows a crack that conviction could not do by itself, then (?) the next conviction pulse could operate at full efficiency, making Vengence or other party members happier (not to mention that a recast of the weenie lower resist might now be enough to maintain the crack?--iirc charges are level 3 for -41).

If someone else doesn't confirm/answer this for v1.10s I'll get around to it. I am inclined to think it isn't what the design for immunity intended (i.e. the code should "remove" the prior conviction or lower resist or etc. effect on resist before asking the question: am I at 100 or above such that I should nerf to 1/5 effectiveness this lowering I'm about to calculate?).
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
Quote :This is potentially a big deal for Necros (e.g. Amp Damage -100 cracking at all when repeated would nearly wipe out their physical resist) but I forsee Paladins potentially wanting to carry charges of weenie lower resist because if that allows a crack that conviction could not do by itself, then (?) the next conviction pulse could operate at full efficiency, making Vengence or other party members happier (not to mention that a recast of the weenie lower resist might now be enough to maintain the crack?--iirc charges are level 3 for -41).

Last night I tested Amp Damage as precisely as I could. All my tests (specters in Arcane Sancutary) show
that Amp works as intended - it removes physical immunity, but doesn't lowers phys resist further. Decrepify
is in the same boat - it only removes phys immunity.

I was unable to test Lower Resist with elemental damage, because I lack high level sorc or elemental druid.

For the same reason I haven't tested Conviction (am I right - it appies once per 3 seconds?).

On the side note - phys immunes now can be cursed with Iron Maiden. Very stupid imho.