Hireling/minion skills synergized?
A number of your Hirelings and summons potentially benefit from the new synergy system. After weeks of scanning the AB and LL I've not yet come across a report answering any of these questions (except for my tidbit that testing v1.10 beta1 showed Shadow Warrior casts of Death Sentry synergized by *my* skill points in Fire Blast (+shots/3)).

The obvious questions...

Do they get synergy from the char's points? If so, a Barbarian player might be biased toward hiring Barb mercs, etc. etc.

Do they get synergy from their own generic skill level by formula? Do they only get a few skills, and if the synergy skill isn't one of them then no synergy?

If the later, then the obvious questions are...

Cold Sorc hireling: Ice Blast/Glacial Spike mutual synergy?
Lightning Sorc hireling: Charged Bolt/Lightning mutual synergy?
Barb hireling: Bash/Stun mutual synergy?

and less obvious: Rogue hireling (fire arrow) synergy to Exploding Arrow bow?

Clearly the Assassin Shadows are a big question mark, given my test result.

I imagine the Valk uses Impale or something not synergized?

One might imagine no synergies are defined for the attacks of Golems and Skelies (could a mod maker do so?) but what about synergy (e.g. from the player ala Shadow result) from a class using charges of revive to have a monster with a "class" skill? (e.g. Prowling dead revive getting synergy from master's Charge synergy?).

I'm sure I've missed something here, but at least the basics would be nice to know.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
I, too, would like an answer to this question :)
My Merc's BA does not boost Blessed Hammer Damage.

When I put on Holy Freeze in Act II NM, I will look into whether or not anything seems different for my Merc.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete