nt
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
correction i am good with the turtle
Infinite Sliver deck? Did you use Heartstones? I thought of that, but on the card it says that it can't reduce the cost of a skill below 1. How did you manage?
A plague of exploding high-fives.
Sliver Queen:
1 mana(any colour)=1 baby.

Heartstone:
Reduce the mana cost of any creature ability by 1(colourless), to a minimum of 1 mana.

Ashnod's Altar:
Sacrifice a creature to gain 2 colourless mana.

Produce 1 baby, sacrifice it, produce 2 babies. Ad infinitum. Binary explosion. 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, etc. At the end of it, you should have enough mana to use a Soldevi Digger to dig your whole graveyard up, AND sacrifice enough Mnemonic Slivers to draw them all back, AND cast all the spells again. Throw in an elf(the one that converts white to red or something like that), or any other mana-lacing spells(spell which can change one colour or colourless into another), and you're set. Only 2 types of things can stop this deck. World destruction cards(Armageddon, WoG, etc.), and infinite life decks(I made the counter deck, which was a pure white deck, utilizing that creature that gives the player 1 hp every time a creature came into play. Multiply the number of babies born and killed by the number of those +1 hp creatures, and you'll see that your life will always exceed that of the Infinite Sliver player)

Need any more elaboration?

Oh, and I managed to run Gunbound without problem last night, so HOPEFULLY, it was just a conflict on the old computer.
You know I've been playing Gunbound for a couple of weeks now... it's fun but man I've never played a game where there was such an affluent amount of whiners. One night 7 out of 10 games ended up being one of those games where the guy just yells noob if you miss or you have people that constantly type to make the server lag.... or people just trash talking all the time. Trash talking is ok if you're my opponent but when it's even guys on your own team... err they are in need of counceling. I love the game but the people that play it need to grow up. Anyway the Avatar is so damn expensive lol But all around a fun game.
BloodKlot,Mar 26 2004, 04:05 PM Wrote:it's fun but man I've never played a game where there was such an affluent amount of whiners

Anyway the Avatar is so damn expensive lol But all around a fun game.
I greatly enjoy Gunbound and couldn't agree more about the greneral populace of the servers. While help and even constructive criticism are welcome, nothing gets me more than the self appointed keyboard generals who tell everyone who and how to kill and throw out that oh so handy condemnation, n00b, when you don't measure up to their oh so 1337 skills. I've come to the point where I pay almost no attention to the chat corner. If I do notice something intended to chastise me, I tend to fall back on a couple of very clever witticisms, "whatever" and "it happens".

If you are playing enough to try to build a nice avatar, go for a money suit first. Stats are capped at 50 so shoot for that. You will see a lot of identical suits on the money only servers - punky brown hair, hawaiin wear, red nose and vampire casket. This gives you a 51 money stat which is capped at 50. Just to be a little different, I went for the conga instead of the casket. Once you have the money suit, you can play the avatar off servers to build cash for another suit built toward whatever stats you want to enhance. I just got an ox shield and am going for a pet-02 next. I want to build a 50 defense suit with as much health as I can add to the mix. You might even find you like to play the avatar off servers, as do I, because then you are playing against the bot/player and not the avatar.

As you said, it does all come down to the fun. I often get some real giggles playing. Some of the things that happen catch me off guard and I find myself truly LOL. Some of what you witness is kind of like watching a guy slip on the proverbial banana peel - you know that you should feel sorry for their misfortune but you find a laugh slipping out of you anyway. A couple days ago, I missed a screenshot because the screenshot key doesn't work. I didn't think to grab it to the clipboard. There is one map where bots often start buried due to a glitch. One of the players was in a boomer and was completely covered. A guy in an aduka used the shot (ss?) that flies through everything but other bots. It hit the boomer and left a nice circular bubble inside the land that the boomer could move around in. At the moment, that struck me as funny as anything I had seen in quite a while.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
The great thing about the avatar off servers is that you can buy your avatar with style in mind. So far, I haven't found anything cooler than Space Marine Armor, which you get for free after a certain rank. This works great for me, as I can wear my Canadian flag without fearing a lack of power. Monkey Mask, here I come! :)
I just had some idiots call me newbie when i pointed out" if i am the newbie then why did i move out of the crater that you and your partner are now stuck in and i used the anon cannon mobile to kill them with my special shot sighs, i swear they think because your doing something like geting out of harms way and taking 2 on one and killing them i am newbie, makes them the newbie if they have things that will help them and they're apart of a guild with silver axe the lot of them, and they die with person with wooden hammer, i think they should be watching who they call newbie.. lol

So far all i have is a red bandana, school jacket and yingyang symbol thats it!
It really ticks me off when they call you a newbie because you use the healing items... Just because with the mammoth I' m able to kill the name-caller and then help out a friend, stay alive long enough to make a difference or heal my tag mobile and have two full health mobiles, doesn't mean they have to be nasty about it! :P
Healing IS noobish, but there's far worse crap floating in the toilet bowl that GB has become lately. Most of you know that I play in Bunge games a lot. Lately, there have been a lot of cheaters, people who are apparently bunged, don't give any gold for the apparent bunge, yet reappear on their next turn, either long enough to fire before falling again, or showing up on some "convenient" wall that just "happened" to be near them(if by near, you mean about 3 inches away from where they "fell") This is seriously pissing me off, not the first time it's happened in a Korean-made game either. It annoys me no end that stupid little script kiddies who are barely old enough to shave are using simple packet editors to cheat the system. To top it off, I was verbally blasting a cheater whose Bigfoot had just popped up a RECURVED WALL(made by my Nak shot 2), then had the audacity to claim that "Bigfoot has the best traction", after which he promptly emptied the room. While it's POSSIBLE that the room was emptied because the server crashed, I find it TOO suspicious that the cheater's name was the only one left on the list after everyone else was forced out. I haven't been able to connect to www.gunbound.net for the last 1/2 hour, or at best, sporadically. gunbound-hq.com was also down. I also just ran Spybot S&D and AdAware, but as far as I can tell, no intrusion other than the usual ad spammers. I hope someone can check this quick(or at least tell me if gunbound.net is back up) If that bastard has wiped my account, I'm gonna quit GB. Inconsiderate little punks.
I tried gunbound.net and it is up. I also jumped into gunbound and played a quick game (oh the sacrifices I make for people!). However, things are definately messed up on the servers. The starting server list only had descriptions for 11/12 and it wasn't the usual description. When I picked 11, it took a minute to get in. When I got in, there were no games showing, only the chat and buddy list. I clicked on waiting and it popped up the little please wait window. When games did come up, they were low numbers and each subsequent click showed higher and higher numbers so it may have been that the servers were just coming back online. Anyway, it does look like the servers are up but with possible problems or attacks going on.

As to cheaters in games, I have been seeing a lot of that too. Just yesterday, I had one incident where it showed me as getting a team kill penalty when it wasn't even my turn. One of the other players asked what I was doing and I said "nothing". They then said "me either" with a smiley. Before I could grab a screenie of this cheater, my game died - surprise! I have also had a lot of games where people just start disappearing. It is also odd that I seem to have my most communications problems shortly after calling some cheat/hack on what they are doing. I will just never understand the mentality of people that want to bring grief to other peoples fun. If they would just learn that it is a game and that they could have more fun by removing players with skill rather than the click of a button, we would all be better off.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
What's even more pathetic about said people, is that they would willingly sacrifice their own teammates, by kicking them out of the room as well, just to hog all the gold for themselves.

I once played an idiot who had team teleport on, and he would sacrifice his teammates whenever he was about to die from bunge. He pissed off every single person who ever had the misfortune to play on his team. I took great satisfaction in making sure he was always more damaged than his teammates, so that his team TP would be wasted if he tried.

These cheaters are just stupid, wasting their time hacking a game where they could not possibly make any money(the Gunbound people might make money, but not necessarily that much of a profit, unless they introduce P2P...)
My friend told me to download this game one day before I found this thread. I'm still not that good, but my account is "SpoonWillk" (without the quotations) if anyone wants to add me.
You'll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that is hardly worth the effort.
[Image: antubis.JPG]
Welcome to Gunbound. I'm LLSheep.

Phew, I thought this post had died... It seems to me that anywhere I post, the thread just dries up. It's like I smell bad or somethi... Oh. <_<
*plays Funeral March*

It was good while it lasted my dear old thread :P
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
AtomicKitKat,May 22 2004, 11:07 AM Wrote:gunbound-hq.com was also down.
gunbound-hq is down for good
[Image: 25908kuenZ.png]
Any reason why? They were pretty good, and up to date on the latest bugs/cheats that people were using and one should watch out for.
If you visit the site, the owner gives the reasons behind the decision.

For myself, I am having a hard time enjoying Gunbound lately. I had been taking refuge in aduka 2/ss games. A lot of the players seemed to avoid them because they weren't sure what they were or how to play them. The games tended to be more civil than the usual. Lately, the Gunbound cesspool seems to have backed up into these games too. Invariably, after a long ready delay, someone will have forgotten to switch to shot 2. It used to be that courtesy dictated that the person offered a quick "sorry" and then skipped a turn to give back any delay advantage. Now, after the same mistake, there is suddenly an uproar of "cheater" and people start blasting shot 1 because "if he did it I can do it too!" Also, people decide that, because their team is down a man or just plain losing, it is ok to change the rules. They start using the wrong shot and, oh so cleverly, follow it with an "ups" or "I don't know how that happened". Uh-huh?!

The game is also getting overrun by keyboard generals. I had one self appointed idiot the other day that was berating everyone else on the team on how to play the game and what idiots we were if we missed a shot or didn't follow his "suggestions". After a few games I finally got fed up. I don't anger easily but this guy got me going. He let loose on me with something like "will you listen to me for once and dual her". I had already had the shot set up but thought about doing something else just to get under his skin a little more. On my next shot, after he tells me how I only make the easy shots and my being sure we had the game in the bag, I turned around and planted one square on him from a screen away and half a screen down. He then proceeded to miss a fart shot on the guy next to him. After I congratulated him with a "nice shot there" his only retort was "whatever".

I will probably keep playing a while. I have my 50 point money suit and am one piece away from my 50 point armor suit. Once I have that, I'll probably give up on the game. Gunbound could really be a great game for a quick online diversion but they need to try to figure out something to try to improve the software and the community that plays it. A start would be to fix the servers and to plug the wholes that let other players hack the games they're in. They will never be able to go to pay-to-play if they don't iron some things out first.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Anyone play anymore?

I downloaded it again as a finals distraction at college. I don't play that often but PM if you would like to play.

Cheers,

Munk
Munkay,May 5 2005, 10:24 AM Wrote:Anyone play anymore?
[right][snapback]76349[/snapback][/right]
I actually played a few games during one of the extended outages they had on the Stormrage WoW server prior to the patch that seemed to finally stabilized the servers. I was surprised to find my account still there with all the equipment I had acquired, including the gold that I still had in the account. I had heard that they deleted accounts and/or gold and equipment when they had not been used for quite a while. The games were actually pretty good too, both my ability after so much down time and the players. Maybe things have gotten better regarding the Gunbound community.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."