Gunbound!
Gunbound is a [I]very[*I] fun game, similar to Worms. I stopped playing Diablo when I found this game... I find it that good. There's a ranking system, and a store where you can buy clothing that increases key stats (Health, defence, attack, etc.) with money that you earn when you win. You can check it out for yourself at Gunbound.net.

While playing the other day, I saw a player named AtomicKitKat, (Lucky!) and I figured there must not be that many of them around. We talked about it and figured there should be a LurkerLounge guild. We were also wondering if any of the other Lurkers played.

I'm willing to pay for the guild and host our site, unless someone with better administrative talent (Anyone, really) wants to. I'm SheepHunter in game, and AtomicKitKat is, obviously, AtomicKitKat. (Don't forget to eat pie)

Get back to us on this if you're interested! B)
A plague of exploding high-fives.
You only needed to post this topic once. Those who are interested will indicate such by their actions.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Gunbound seems to be pretty popular over at Something Awful as well, so I guess it's got to be fairly good, although I've yet to try it. Worms World Party has served me well. B)

Can it be enjoyed for free, or do you have to shell out for the fun stuff?
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Pseh. I loved the game, but it's way too slow to load on a 56k connection (I clocked six minutes once) and if you play in public then you're going to get shouted down.

I'd love to play, really, it was a fun game, but if they had the friggin' sense to have maps on the client rather than downloaded every time on the server then I would be gagging for this opportunity.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:Can it be enjoyed for free, or do you have to shell out for the fun stuff?

It's a free game, no need to shell any cash for it whatsoever.

GunBound sure is fun and having a LL guild in it could be awesome, count me in.
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
I've realised that if the game host lives on the US West Coast or in Asia, the loading time is generally less for everyone(but still major lag if your com sucks as badly as my older one, which is a 333 Celeron with 193MB Ram) Here are the minimum requirements(from experience) to get a "good" gaming experience:

600MHz CPU(I run on 1800 Athlon, so this is not an issue for me, but I think ANY speed over 333 would be better than my brother lol)
124-Maximum MB RAM(The bottleneck on my brother's com is DEFINITELY CPU speed)
??? HDD space(Over 100 MB, under 200, I think)
Broadband connection(With a router and cable modem, my brother and I can both play, and we don't get much lag, but his slow com can spike any game he's in.)

If your com is as slow as my brother's use drag shot, you can time the exact power easier. If your com is fast, and worse still, uses an optical mouse(like mine), slice is probably safer. You can change these under the options ingame.

If you wanna know if the AtomicKitKat you see in the game is me, look for a Monkey Faced guy with 2 furry antennas and a green suit. :P You don't get anything tangible if you guess what I'm supposed to be, but you'll get my respect for recognizing. ;)
AtomicKitKat,Jan 26 2004, 02:53 PM Wrote:You don't get anything tangible if you guess what I'm supposed to be, but you'll get my respect for recognizing. ;)
Either a Gremlin or a Gerbil
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Quote:Either a Gremlin or a Gerbil

Haha, nope. :P
Can someone explain to me the controls? I can do nothing but sit in the game and wait for the time to run out. Clicking randomly has little effect.
LMAO N0B CANTVORZ R SUXXXXXORRRRRRR!!!!!!!!1111111111111ONE LMAOLOLOLOLOL
There's this little plastic thing in front of your monitor, it has 100+ buttons on it. Look for the ones with the arrows. :P
Umm. Where is it?

*hides back in the cave he's apparently been in for however long this game's been in existence*
They were'nt working the first time i tried them, but they seem to now.
LMAO N0B CANTVORZ R SUXXXXXORRRRRRR!!!!!!!!1111111111111ONE LMAOLOLOLOLOL
Is this windows only? All the screen shots are of XP (looks like) and the download is a *.exe. Mac version?
I don't think you can play it on a Mac, at least not yet anyway.

Yes, this game is the most addicting thing I've played since Diablo. Yes, it's completely free, as it stands right now. You have the option to donate money and be rewarded with in-game cash, but hey, all free games need *some* way to support their bandwidth and servers, and this game is incredibly stable for being completely free.

Yes, this game is like pretty much any multiplayer online game, you're going to deal with a large share of idiots, assholes, and completely illiterate fools if you spend time in public games. Play with friends, it makes the game a hundred times more enjoyable.

My ID is SAJadaris, I'm a silver battleaxe, you can usually catch me in server 5 playing with numerous friends and/or people from SA, as WL said, it's pretty popular over there.

psst, space bar and arrow keys.
[Image: 25908kuenZ.png]
I'm going to give it a try tonight. Have any tips for new players?

EDIT:

[Image: WL_SOA_OhShi.jpg]

96mb? Guess it's an over-nighter...
I suggest sticking to the newb zones and staying away from anyone with equipment until you've got your stride. The home site offers advice for beginners, lists the controls and has a thorough FAQ. Once you've tried out most of the mobiles and got your own impressions, you might want to check out www.gunbound-hq.com, which is similar to the Lounge. (Though with much less grammar :P )

They have a really neat private messaging system that, when you message someone (/m name), displays the conversation in it's own little box. The buddy list is almost exactly the same as the friend's list in Battle.Net, and you could add me, Omega and AtomicKitKat if you felt like it.

When you think you can stand on your own in a fair fight, head into server five, where the avatar (Equipment) is disabled. That means that there are no stat *#?%$& hanging around waiting to mug the new players.

Good luck, and have fun.
A plague of exploding high-fives.
Do you have a link for this game? I'm too lazy to do a search for it. Thanks.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
GunBound.net

I registered as LLWarLocke, since both WarLocke and JavaJoe were taken. :angry:
so it looks like worms. is that what type of game it is?
Signatures suck
bschultz,Jan 28 2004, 02:53 PM Wrote:so it looks like worms.  is that what type of game it is?
Yes. A cartoonified version.

Also, for those of you looking to download it, don't download it off the official website, the server they host the website on is slower than molasses on a frozen night on Mars (i.e. you won't get more than 5k/s), google for the filename and download it somewhere else.

Also WL, add me in game and I'll teach you how to play. My ID is SAJadaris
[Image: 25908kuenZ.png]