Gunbound!
I guesstimate as well, but for those who've never done it, I thought it would be useful to have a rough starting point.

There's also a rumor that Grub's Shot 2 does more damage the longer it bounces around. :huh:
A plague of exploding high-fives.
Sheep,Feb 26 2004, 12:06 PM Wrote:There's also a rumor that Grub's Shot 2 does more damage the longer it bounces around.  :huh:
Isn't that grub's SS? As it rolls around, you see the damage counter increasing as long as there is anything in the glow surrounding it. What I had heard is that the faster you can get it spinning, like rolling it down a hill first, the more damage it does. I played a couple games the other night that were grub only, worst shot lag I had ever seen. You couldn't see more than one or two frames of the shot/damage animation so you had to just lob the shots out and assume you hit if the other guy was hurting.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I refer to Grub's SS as "Burning", because that's basically what it does. The longer you get stuck in the hole with it, the more it burns you. If you can get a friendly JD nearby to suck in all the other team's guys into a pit, you can get upwards of 2000 damage(around 500*4 targets)
Yeah, the Grub SS can hurt if used well.

Another SS I like is the Mage's, which does normalish SS damage (~200 or so), and totally strips all shields from any mobile's caught in its radius. You can do 470+ damage easily on a Cakebot if it hasn't taken any damage!

(Poor Lylybear :D )
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Must. Get. Robot. Acronym! :ph34r:

Where!?
Cyborg Name Generator

:ph34r:
Uhhh... I just discovered this game and just noticed this thread. o_0
Anyhow, I made a screen name "Archonwing" (no underscore) Did you guys ever make a guild?
Go me and my 10 gold!! :lol:
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
The long-awaited screenshot of Warlocke's crazyass teleport.

http://sliver_queen.tripod.com/images/warlocke.jpg

I had another one of my Boomer hanging upside down on a pixel, balancing with my big wheel. But I forgot to save it before I shut down that day. :(
AtomicKitKat,Mar 5 2004, 02:48 PM Wrote:The long-awaited screenshot of Warlocke's crazyass teleport.

http://sliver_queen.tripod.com/images/warlocke.jpg
Hang on WarLocke! How long was WarLocke able to hang there? My clumsy fingers would probably bump a movement key and down I'd go.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Actually, he lasted there till LyLy blew away the wall behind him. Then he was able to rest on the fang proper. You should have seen mine. Metro, somewhere in the bottom right, when my boomer faced left, the "centre" angle was 00 degrees right, and when I faced right, my centre was somewhere 45 left, I think. I only did direction changes on my opponents' turns, but had a blast shot-gunning the guy who put me in that position while I hung upside down. :lol:
I should look and see if I can find some of my good telefall pics. Pick Nak on Cave or Sea Of Heroes, pack a teleport, use Dragshot, walk off the edge of the land, and while falling, shoot teleport towards the middle. If done right you land on the bottom where nobody can hit you, and you can nak snipe them from below :)
[Image: 25908kuenZ.png]
Doesn't sound that hard actually. Just start your firing a few moments before you walk off the edge, and if you do this right, you should be able to release while falling(slice shot) I admit, it's easier to do with drag though. Also, depending on the side you're falling from, you can use just about any mobile(ie, if falling from one of the 2 side plateaus, use a forward facing shooter, but it's only really useful with Sate, since it can shoot above itself. If falling from middle, use Nak or Aduka. Aduka, same as Sate.)
Holy crap, what have they done???

I patched tonight, and now I lag ALL THE TIME, not just when Thor fires. :( :( :(
It has been brought to my attention by my brother, that Softnyx has done the STUPIDEST THING EVER in the history of online gaming. They have bought into the LIE of NProtect. I thought this scourge was behind me when Helbreath(another S Korean game) was deleted from my system.

For those of you who don't know, NProtect claims to be a "hacking prevent program", but to date, it has brought nothing but trouble to Win9X users. My brother is currently busy trying to clean up the older com, after NProtect caused it to hang(it's possible that his friend gave him a virus-coded diskette, but knowing NProtect, I'm choosing to blame Seoul for the problem)

So, until further notice, do NOT download/install/play Gunbound until this problem is fixed(or better yet, they remove the stupid program) You have been warned.
AtomicKitKat,Mar 11 2004, 05:42 PM Wrote:It has been brought to my attention by my brother, that Softnyx has done the STUPIDEST THING EVER in the history of online gaming. They have bought into the LIE of NProtect. I thought this scourge was behind me when Helbreath(another S Korean game) was deleted from my system.
Can you be more specific about the problems you or others have had with it? I am using winxp if that changes things versus win9x. I was on there immediately after the update last night and discovered the new addition. I panicked when I saw it firing up but then realized that it was there and the best I could do was to see how it affected things. When I shut down gunbound, it appears to go away entirely. I checked my startup registry and it isn't doing anything there. I checked the processes and it leaves nothing behind. I also googled it and found pestpatrol's entry for it. The 2 registry keys they list don't exist in my registry. Unless it is some kind of key capture thing, I can't see that it hurts in any way. Even if it were to capture keys, it would only get my gunbound password. The worst case scenario there is that they steal my account and I have to go back to being a chick which would allow me back into the servers where I probably belong anyway. :P
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Well, when I first encountered this program, it shut me out of Helbreath(the game which had made me download it in the first place, and I wasn't allowed to NOT install NProtect) for the whole of Labour Day that year(about 48 hours) In fact, it hosed ALL Win9x users. After that, it created a lot of lag, and other conflicts in the game, resulting in me quitting and my brother wiping all traces of the program from the HDD. This has led me to suspect that South Korean game companies ONLY have Win2k/XP, and thus, never bother with testing of Win9x system(ASSumption that others are like yourself, and have access to the same resources that you do. The biggest failure of any game company.) Of course, they are blind to the fact that Win9x is BY FAR the most commonly used OS in the world at present(until such time as Micro$haft decides to force all 9x users to upgrade to whatever spyware-pre-installed OS they may release).

Further, NProtect doesn't have any actual use. The ONE noticeable difference that might have POSSIBLY prevented hacking, was that anyone who hit alt-tab was automatically booted from the game.

Any lawyers on this board? I want to know the legal implications of a gaming company installing 3rd party software without my permission. As far as I'm concerned, NProtect is MAL-WARE, and I did not authorise the installation of any 3rd party software in my system, especially one that interferes with the routine operation of my computer. And no, I believe the ToA does NOT say that they are allowed to install anything OTHER than the files for the game itself. I want to sue! :angry:
All I get when I try to view your mad skills is a small logo that says "View images with Tripod". I did, however, notice that the page name includes Sliver Queen. Did you ever manage to assemble a Sliver deck? The Queen is one of the cards that I haven't managed to get my hands on. How about you?
Sheep,Mar 24 2004, 12:33 AM Wrote:All I get when I try to view your mad skills is a small logo that says "View images with Tripod".
You have to copy and paste the url into a browser window. Tripod won't allow linking to the file from another website.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
I did in fact make a Sliver deck. Infinite Sliver deck, in fact. :P I bought the Queen for about US$4 from some stranger at the store which sold the cards. One small problem is that the whole deck took about 8 turns to get into gear, plus people liked using all those stinky bible cards(Armageddon, Jokhulhaups, Wrath of God, etc.) You have to admit, she's one tough mother, especially when you throw in the Muscle Sliver and start cranking those babies. I quit MtG before the new Slivers came out though. I'm planning to save the images off the web, print them out, and paste them onto some old cards I have. Probably the crappy ones like Glacial Buttcrack(Chasm)
I having no problem downloading it

LLWiccan is me just signed up
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]