chesse
Let me first say, Gris, that if you find this thread inappropriate, please feel free to move the post and/or punish me.

I am in a way rather happy, but so far profoundly disappointed with the patch. The topic title says it all.

Not having played the beta, I set out with my most capable hero, a paladin, to explore the bloody foothills. He found lots of skeleton archers, who were somewhat of a pain because he couldn't leech. No worse than the old PI's however. The minions did move faster, and that was a bit exciting. There were other unexpected monsters in the foothills also. About halfway home he met up with diablo. Or perhaps a clone thereof. He targeted diablo and held the button down. The confrontation took a minute or two, during which to be conservative he sipped four health potions and drank three purples. Admittedly there were only two people in the game, so it should not have been as hard as eight player, but this is supposed to be the ultimate event of the new diablo universe. A brave new world that is supposed to be significantly harder than anything we have experienced.

My friends and family will tell you that I am not the most coordinated person on the planet. I am a fifty five year old grandmother, albeit with good characters and equipment. But this was a joke. Blizzard -- if there is anyone left to answer the phones -- you should certainly be ashamed.

small charm
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
What's "chesse?" ;)

Oh, and another thing. How does one tote stuff back to town with a full inventory?

Congrats on the Annhilus, even though you feel as if you didn't deserve it.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
yep, my lvl 80 barb is going in the bin and starting from scratch.

tbh i can handle that they made it harder aslong as they make it possible to survive, harder items etc.. i dont mind starting again, bit of excitement starting afresh (even tho ive only ever had one high lvl char) but no life/mana leech on diablo or meph?? thats just gonna beplain annoying running back to town every 2 mins to stock up on potions and mana

grrrr.. but yay... and grrrrrr.. but yay... and .. well... grrrr tbh
a55of rot13

539 tbh

Don't think cos i understand... i care
Don't think cos we're talkin... we're friends

*shavenlunatic - Europe
I'm pretty sure the uber Diablo will be more than enough for my characters at least :)

And if he'd appear in a hc game, he would surely scare the crap out of me!
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
shavenlunatic,Oct 29 2003, 06:28 AM Wrote:yep, my lvl 80 barb is going in the bin and starting from scratch.
I feel the same way. I pulled out my mid 70's barb last night to look at skill changes, and decided that I have to start over with a different concept.

When I popped down to the worldstone keep lvl2 I expected to be accosted by the regular hoards of spawn and succubae, however, I was smack in the middle of 2 soul killer packs, and a really annoying group of poison skeleton mages. Needless to say that my frenzy speed couldn't compete with the swarm of little men, and may wayward HF merc was no help, so I'm dead. Dying 6 more times in that same little area was not a welcome thing.

I was really hoping to see a greater variety of challenge, I was really scared when that pack of soul killers ran out to greet me, but once I realized that was all there was, they became more of an annoyance than a challenge. Aside from a flurry of merc deaths, the rest of the keep/throne run was easily accomplished, and as always, nutboy was a piece of cake.

Rather than making a fundamental change in the game, Blizzard has made it temporarily harder by forcing a shift in skill attention: I used to be able to tank my way through, but now I'll have to assign a few more points to [insert your favorite crowd control skill here]. However, once the masses adapt their uber set-ups to the new paradigm, the game will be in the same state it was: power players with nothing else to do spending their time questing for specific items, and once found, they'll shift to the cows.

I think it's time for me to start playing variant styles...
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Clue Available Here

Please read the Ettiquette and Rules, links in the upper right hand corner of this forum's page, and please have the courtesy to maintain the generally high standards of this board.

Thanks in advance if you decide to be part of the solution, rather than part of the problem.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Occhidiangela,Oct 29 2003, 02:40 PM Wrote:Clue Available Here

Please read the Ettiquette and Rules, links in the upper right hand corner of this forum's page, and please have the courtesy to maintain the generally high standards of this board.&nbsp;

Thanks in advance if you decide to be part of the solution, rather than part of the problem.

Occhi
and thats aimed at who?
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe
shavenlunatic,Oct 29 2003, 10:13 AM Wrote:and thats aimed at who?
I suspect you have not selected "Threaded View" for your perusal of the forums.

If you had, you would know that it was aimed squarely at you.

Further, if you do re-check the other posts in this thread, you will note that yours are the only posts that do not make use of correct grammar and spelling, something that is expected of those who post here.

I am sure that with a bit of attention, you will have no trouble bringing your posts up to that LL standard. :)
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Edited
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe
Also, god forbid I was dyslexic, im sure i would be banned in a second for incorrectly spelling the odd word
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe
Learn to take a little constructive criticism. Many here have had a similiar start, and after the same nudge toward the etiquette, have become productive members of the community.

Unfortunately after such a response, I doubt you will even be interested in "fitting in".

BTW, any dyslexic(or otherwise impared person) who posts here is still free to run their posts through a spell checker before posting. Also, once having stated that they are not native english speakers/dyslexic, such posters are given some lee way.
it wasnt so much the fact that the forum has a "grammar" policy. It was more the Spikey attitude as to which i was informed of it that made me retalliate.

Anyway, its irrelevant, im sure once the Reg Mob gets going ill be banned in no time
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe
If you get banned, it has nothing to do with the "Reg Mob" and everything to do with your response to Occhi's simple, clear nudge towards the etiquette.

This forum is NOT a battle.net forum. This forum is NOT a public chatroom. This forum is NOT a place to "type like you speak," ignoring all pretences of grammer, spelling and simple courtesy to other posters.

We expect more here. It's really that simple. If you're not interested, get out -- you're not helping us or yourself by sticking around.

Oh, as for the way the etiquette was pointed out to you -- you should have read the etiquette first. The "how to write like a wanker" guide is a different perspective on the same principles. If you come to a forum, post with complete disregard for the rules, etiquette and standards that forum expects, and then respond to criticism with a crude, ignorant and childish attack, well...

That was strike two. You get what you deserve -- don't even think to blame this on anyone but yourself.

Welcome to the Lounge: we hope you enjoyed your stay.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
I'm sorry but that kind of language and response certainly isn't called for in this case. I can understand being upset at what has been said to you but cannot understand why you couldn't have responded in a civil manner to both Occhi and ShadowHM.

As far as being too busy at work to communicate effectively, perhaps you may want to wait for a time when you're not as busy? Too much gets lost in communicating when one rushes. Just my two cents - feel free to respond in a civil manner. If you feel you cannot respond in a civil manner, feel free to not respond as I won't be interested in reading what you have to say. :)
Or maybe shaved a bit less of your brain with that three bladed razor from Gilette.

*Turns toward the Bench*

"Your Honor, the Prosecution Rests!"

*Rogue puts yellow legal pad into leather briefcase and heads for Atma's Tavern for a few cold brews. Time passes, but not much, Burst of Speed is handy when one is thirsty. Rogue arrives at Atma's*

"Dernek, my friend, I'll have a tall, cold Budweiser this time, I know it's an import, but this one is worthy of an import."

*Dernek the Bartender fills a frosty mug.*

*Rogue turns with a sh** eating grin toward He-Who-Has-Clue-Deficit-Disorder, and raises the frosty mug:*

"shavencretin, this one's for you!" :D
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I think I see a squad on about 5 moderators flying in fast and low on the horizon!
WWBBD?
ok, id had a bit too much coffee today and maybe i shouldnt have flipped a little. But still, when i get faced with a post creamed with arrogance directing me to a site entitled "How to type like a wanker" what do you expect? really?

I didnt come here to argue, i found it an interesting forum so i started posting on here, if my not welcome for my offensive grammar then so be it. Its a shame but, it happens.
a55of rot13

539 tbh

*shavenlunatic - Europe
Back on topic...

Congratulations, LavCat, for defeating the almighty Diablo Clone, who failed to even cause you to break a sweat. And you're right - if I had killed him as easily as you say it was, I'd be disappointed, too.

But try to keep things in perspective. This guy's 95% resistant to everything and has 95% blocking to boot. He regenerates very quickly. They made him about as tough as they could. You just happened to have a Paladin with a build that tore him up.

Which reminds me: What's his build? I'm curious, that's all. Eventually, we'll all figure out what weaknesses the DC has, but we might as well start gathering info on what seems to be extremely effective against him. Leech? Slow Target? Prevent Heal?

Thanks!

By the way, I think the fact that you're a grandmother who plays D2 is great; that you're obviously very good at it is even better!

Orbert
Liza Bow 83, Polgara Tri-Sorc 82, Jane Jav 81, Kathryne Sassy 79, Bellina Xbow 78
Alfredo AxeBarb 81, Bob Pal 80, Zachary Necro 78, Merrick Werewolf 78

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.
You should take links to sites like "How to type like a wanker" with a little humor and read it to potentially take something away with you.

It's an interesting forum and it becomes even more interesting when you actually make an attempt to capitalize the proper words, use punctuation properly, and actually spell words out rather than abbreviating them all. Typing without an attempt to utilize the above makes people believe you honestly don't care about your posts and aren't asking to be taken seriously. If you don't care about your posts enough to capitalize, use grammar, and proofread before you post, why should we care about your posts and take you seriously? Hence the "wanker" link as no one takes a wanker seriously...

It's not arrogance, it's reiterating something that your school teachers obviously did not. Ignorance and laziness is all too often the norm these days, heaven forbid some people try and go against the grain and make properly formatted posts required.

Selby
Wow... congratulations.

Did you do anything to trigger Diablo Clone, or did he just show up?
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu