Multiplayer Diablo
Hi,

For the last few months I have being studying posts hear and learning all I can ready for the new patch in order to start playing 'Diablo 2 Exp v.1.10'. At the moment I am only on 'Diablo 2 Expansion' (unmodified) getting to know the game a bit, so that may be why... I was just wondering if I can play multiplayer Diablo 2 offline like you can Diablo 1?

Thanx in return!
diablo1ks,Oct 30 2003, 08:07 AM Wrote:I was just wondering if I can play multiplayer Diablo 2 offline like you can Diablo 1?

!
Diablo 2 has many modes of play.

Realm characters are only accessible online on Bnet.

Single Player characters are Open Characters, as far as multiplayer gaming is concerned. You can play them offline in Single Player mode, but you can also use those characters in TCP/IP games online as well as Open Bnet. I would not recommend Open Bnet to anyone, but Single Player and TCP/IP games are good fun.

The other bonus of Single Player gaming is the ability to up the monster count, simulating the effect of having other players in the game with you. The command for that is /players x, where x is the number of players you wish to simulate.

Good practice to you, if that is what you chose to do.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Realm and Ladder characters: No way. Hell may have frozen over, but this is still impossible.

SP: Obviously, but SP characters are also your Open Battle.net characters (Select your Gateway beneath the Battle.net button on the main menu, then Other Multiplayer > Open Battle.net).

Other methods (TCP/IP, IPX etc.) also utilises your SP characters.

Edit: And once again ShadowHM has beaten me to it :) Good on yer.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
I couldn't have asked for a better answer, what do I expect?, I'm in the 'LL' :P .