chesse
From the tidbits I've heard and witnessed. The Diablo Clone shows up in ALL games in progress once enough (20 i think) SOJ's have been globally sold in the proper vendor order. Once the Diablo Clone is killed, he drops the Annihilus Charm. I'm not sure where he appears, but I've surmised it was just outside of the Rogues Camp.

So, whilst duped SOJ's are plentiful we shall see Diablo Clones, but as they are used up -- the "cheese" should become more scarce. Then again, I may be all wet.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

I guess the only question is: was my thanks to you, in advance, for your efforts to meet the standard premature?

I hope not, and in the words of another poster, Welcome. :) Now that you know how things are, I imagine you can adapt with aplomb.

For LavaCat: My apologies to you if this thread hijack has caused you any distress.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:But still, when i get faced with a post creamed with arrogance directing me to a site entitled "How to type like a wanker" what do you expect? really?
For you to use your shift key a little more? Think of this place as a room filled with people, and then you walk in. Should they adapt to you, or should you adapt to them? If they are all dressed casual, and you are in a tux, you are out of place. You have the choice of being the subject of ridicule or going and changing into more suitable attire, or just leaving and finding a place where a tux is suitable attire. As for the "How to Write Like A Wanker" site, well, if the shoe fits then it must apply. I used to have the nasty IM habit of trailing off sentences with ... but, after reading that article I've been more sensitive to the fact that this is a document and not IM. Occhi's comment may have been caustic to you, but then again, you just tracked mud across our carpet, right? If you look at the number of people reading this forum, it gives you a little perspective on why we may be concerned about content, which includes grammar and punctuation. For every active poster, there are about 100 who simply lurk and read.

Sorry that your initial experience was rough. Mine was too, and I ate crow and moved on.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Orbert,Oct 29 2003, 06:37 PM Wrote:Congratulations, LavCat, for defeating the almighty Diablo Clone, who failed to even cause you to break a sweat.

This guy's 95% resistant to everything and has 95% blocking to boot. He regenerates very quickly. They made him about as tough as they could. You just happened to have a Paladin with a build that tore him up.

Which reminds me: What's his build?
I think you answered your own question... I'd hazard we've looking at a vengence/conviction Paly. :)

I don't know about that 95% to everything though, as the monstats.txt I extracted shows only 50% to magic and physical.

Clearly it is relevant (since you'd have to lower poison resist on him to make poison work well as PMH) whether Open Wounds and PMH work on him.

I'm having trouble keeping the lowering of poison and magic resists skills straight, since it seems to me Blizzard keeps changing it. I'm assuming v1.10 release Lower Resist fails to lower magic resist (but does poison) and Conviction fails to lower poison or magic resist.

In any event, if his regen can be stopped, I can think of a very large number of two player build combos/tactics that would have no trouble at all vs. DiabloClone.

Since many superuniques have known spawn points I would also think that getting the "diablo walks the earth" message is a huge boon, as you can then pick where you want to fight him. Some experimentation is probably worthwhile here. For example, could you spawn him in place of Duriel or the Summoner? I'd assume not, but that might be very interesting.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
ok, be cold to the new kid

ok, i wont be posting here anymore so dont worry about my offensive terrible grammar anymore

thanks for your time.. i only hope that you treat new posters here with a little more tact and/or kindness as opposed to basically calling someone who didnt REALLY use all that bad grammar a "wanker"

thank you.. bye
a55of rot13

539 tbh

Don't think cos i understand... i care
Don't think cos we're talkin... we're friends

*shavenlunatic - Europe
It's a good thing Nico or Pete didn't get ahold of this guy, eh?

Shavenlunatic, if you do return to read this, believe me when I say you got off lightly. You got a nudge towards using proper grammar and sentence structure in your posts, something you should have figured out before you started posting here. You chose to take that as a personnal attack, ignoring the possibility that it may have been your attitude, and not Occhi's or Shadow's, that served as a catalyst for the whole confrontation.

You've already taken a step in a better direction. Your posts already show some improvement. Don't stop! We welcome all new posters and their ideas -- we simply expect a higher standard than your standard b.net trade forum or channel.

The Lounge can be a very friendly, informative and fun place. Take some more time with your posts, maybe run them through a spell checker and spend more thought and effort on making them legible and clear, and we'll all get along fine.

I'd also suggest you go back and edit the post where you responded quite crudely to Shadow and Occhi. While most people, I'm sure, have already seen it, I personally wouldn't want such a post left with my name attached. Editting that post to a short apology -- admitting you reacted hastily (as you've already done) and move on. That would be a huge step in the right direction, and would certainly give myself, at least, some faith in you.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
gekko,Oct 29 2003, 03:01 PM Wrote:It's a good thing Nico or Pete didn't get ahold of this guy, eh?
*rubs eyes*

Who's there? What's that? What did I miss!!??

...damnit... feeding time and no one bothered to even CALL me... *mutter*
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
One thing generally frowned upon in most forums is people who post without checking the community first. When you wish to be a part of something, look around to see if it's the best fit for you. If you notice, all posters here take their time when posting. We don't mind typos and minor grammatical errors. Everyone makes those. It's the ones who 'post[s] like a spaz' that we dislike. But if they make an effort to clean up their thoughts, we are all the more appreciative. :)

One other thing I would like to mention is that if you are 'at work and in a rush', then don't post. Take your time in forming your thoughts and ideas. This isn't a chatroom. You've got plenty of time to present your ideas. Waiting a few hours to write them up doesn't make them any less relevant.

I do hope you stick around and lurk a bit to see what this place is all about. You'll discover that you won't find a greater bunch of people to discuss things. :)

And to LavCat, my apologies as well for my contributions to this hijack. Congrats on the charm, though. :)
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
I am almost afraid to make a post disagreeing with the general idea on the treatment of shavenlunatic. Afterall, no one likes to be banned. Several points I'd like to make:

1) shavenlunatic was in the wrong by not posting in a manner comforming to the stated guidelines of the site. Furthermore, his reaction could also have been more moderate.

2) Correcting his error is the provence of other members.

Having said above, I will also say that the manner in which someone's error is pointed out makes a very important impact on how the message is received and responded to. If you have had the unfortunate chance to be reprimanded in a way that makes your ears "go red hot", I believe you'll understand what I mean.

I would like to say more, but "we're" in the topic, AND wrong topic to boot! (aside: a trip to the Lounge with a new topic might prove interesting!) LavCat, may I add my apology to your collection.
-----------------------------------------------

Oh, and LavCat, from my lurking on the battle.net forums and the amazon basin, you seem to have had quite a uniqe experience. Many others were left in the dust with humiliation, while others tucked their tails in and ran away. Then there are those who collected their wits, collected some friends--along with some "uber" characters--and then proceeded "kicked some arse".

Might be interesting to have randomized qualities to the Uber-Diablo. My idea runs along the line of giving him at least one immunity and vulnerability; each Uber-Diablo will then be spawned with varied and randomized immunity[ies] and vulnerability[ies].

CHEERS@@@!!!

PS. Oh, if only we had more grandmothers like LavCat!!! :)
I haven't been in a hell game since 1.10 came out, so I haven't seen the DiabloClone. Does he fight like the regular Diablo with lightning breath, fire attacks, prisons, etc.? Anybody have any screenshots? Also, if he has a LBOD attack, does it start several yards away from him like the regular hell Diablo?
Quote: I haven't been in a hell game since 1.10 came out, so I haven't seen the DiabloClone. Does he fight like the regular Diablo with lightning breath, fire attacks, prisons, etc.? Anybody have any screenshots? Also, if he has a LBOD attack, does it start several yards away from him like the regular hell Diablo? 
Post Settings

Yes to all the above. Whatsmore, he apparently makes very good use of an druid-alike armageddon spell. Here's a screenshot:

[Image: Screenshot005.jpg]

picked up from the following amazon basin thread.

And diabloii.net has a "The World Event" info page up.

CHEERS@@@!!!
Thanks! I saw the diabloii.net page just before reading your post. Interesting stuff. When you said "yes to all of the above," was that also including the part about the LBOD starting several yards away from him? Is it possible to tank him?

I keep thinking that Travincal would be a good place for him to spawn. If he spawns in the middle of the temple and if he's so big that he can't leave the temple, then you could trap him there and guided arrow, trapazin, and/or hydra him to death. Or at least, you can fight him and quickly get out of range to heal when you need to.

I also wonder about some of those side river areas in Act V. For example, what if DiabloClone replaced Frozenstein? Then, it seems like you could pepper him with missle-fire attacks and not worry about him charging at you.

(edit: Changed Tristram to Travincal. Doh!)
Hello to all,
and at the same time, a very big "WOW!" :o . A big thank you to LavCat and all the other people who have posted here. I thought I was never going to discover what the "World Event" was! Again, a big "Cheers!" to everyone who posted on the World Event thing, I really appreciate it as a "heads-up".

In reference to shavenlunatic, I can't say I haven't been through the same thing on this forum (Can you say Springheeled Jack?).

I guess that wraps it up.
Cheerio!
Black Lightning:
- Hell's thunder
- It'll strike anywhere
- It'll come down any time
- It'll hit ANYTHING...
(Run for the hills!Wink
Well, there you go. DiabloClone's attriciously vulnerable to Conviction and Lower Resist.

I gotta agree with LavCat, that's kinda disapointing.
Great truths are worth repeating:

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 21:9

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 25:24
GenericKen,Oct 30 2003, 12:17 AM Wrote:Well, there you go. DiabloClone's attriciously vulnerable to Conviction and Lower Resist.

I gotta agree with LavCat, that's kinda disapointing.
Ugh, and you can buy a wand with Lower Resist charges on it at the shop, so pretty much anyone can do this. That is disappointing.
Dear shavenlunatic,

I don't think Occhi was trying to call you a "wanker". That's the title of the site. Many of us here enjoy that particular site because it discusses poor writing AND it's funny.

I believe the intent was to inform you of the norms and expectations of this forum. Posts without capitalization and punctuation won't be well received here.

If you do decide to stick around, you may want to visit the "my controls" section, and choose "view threaded". Most users (I believe) use the threaded mode here, and posts appear in a "tree", branching out from the post they're in repy to. That way, you'll be able to see who is replying to you. Also, you can be sure to reply to the specific post that you want to address. In this case, for example, I doubt that you meant to reply to Crystalion.

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Quote:When you said "yes to all of the above," was that also including the part about the LBOD starting several yards away from him? Is it possible to tank him?

Ah, I am not sure what the answer is to that, but from one screenshot (i.e., 3rd image from the bottom on diabloii.net The World Event info page), I'll say that, "Yes, it does start several yards away." Despite the fact that the screenshot comes from a modded beta, I suspect we can rely on the visual "evidence".

I will try to confirm this. I'm SURE someone has posted a true 1.10 image of the Uber-Diablo using his LBOD

CHEERS@@@!!!

Edit: added "), I'll say that, 'Yes, it does start several yards away.' " and some revision for clarity/better prose.

Edit 2:

[Image: Screenshot002.jpg]

Another one for you, MonjoJerry. Must have been quite a battle with 6 players, with one just departing.
I really think it was meant for everyone to have the annihlus so they didn't make it that hard. Or maybe just didn't think about it long enough. Wouldn't be a surprise. -_- The rest of the game is pretty hard.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
I just switched over to threaded view, and yeah... exactly why I never bothered before: It's horrible. I've got no clue why people decided the standard on this board should be threaded view, because it's awkward, annoying, and takes entirely too much mouse effort to read a thread. I seem to recall there being some way to expand the post structure in threaded style on the old 54network board, but I can't see one here. Adding a simple 'Name,' to the beginning of a post or quoting text generally works well enough on other message boards.

I actually found the response to shaven embarassing. I can be as punishing and elitist as anybody when it comes to the obviously ignorant and clueless, but the Lounge is very different than most forums. There are more tactilly (and insulting, if you've got the wit) methods of telling people to RTFM. It almost sounds like a self fulfilling prophesy, a lounge full of lurkers afraid to post. Comical ;)

Yes, it's in the rules to act a certain way, and people should know better than to post without reading the rules, but frankly most people don't think of that. They usually don't have to. If you want to push people to be the best they can be and be overall greater persons, then show a little higher thought and enlightenment in your own actions. You've got two cheeks, you can turn one once.

At least I don't feel bad or fear chastizement for flaming two people in other threads who had obviously not played the beta or read the patch message.

And forgive the reply being only half on topic directly to you, Gris, I'm still in threaded, and wouldn't know where to reply anyway :P
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
By the way.. just little off topic here... did you guys ever read the date in the lobby screenshot on AS?

It says THURSDAY OCTOBER 29, 2003. The screenshot was taken on the 22 of October, which was last wendsday.
"if the bible has taught us anything,and it hasn't, is that boys should stick to boy sports and girls shoud stick to girl sports like hot oil wrestling."-homer simpson
Me-"OH MY GOD,OH MY GOD!!!! 1.10 WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO WHAT!!!!!....I know what. Fix my computer."
The two best internet comics in the web, penny-arcade and El Goonish Shive. For you.. Also for you.