OT: What're the best D2 names you've ever seen?
Skellie necro named Eyelute_Corpses.

That's about all I can remember of my good names.

Phire_Forafect was a pretty good one, too.
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least you'll be a mile away from them and you'll have their shoes." ~?

Stonemaul - Sneakybast, 51 Rogue
Terenas - Sneaksmccoy, 1 Rogue

Sword of Omens, give me sight beyond sight!
Quote:TheAvonLady (dueling zon .... "slain by the avon lady?????" )

How about TheLagMonster? (dueling paladin) I wanted to do TheEvilLagMonster, but that didn't fit.
Better Rocky Balboa =)
I assume you're talking about Joe_Louis?

Too late. Maybe later.
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
the only thing i can think of is my paladin Patriarch Undead_Thingy
I am nothing. Nothing is perfect, therefore I am perfect. Only god is perfect, therefore I am god.

I Take Pride in Knowing I wasted 10 Seconds of Your Life With My Signature.
Quote:Keep it clean.
It's PG-13 here. Computer games, even those rated "mature" by the ESRB, will have young kids playing them. There's no need to have swear words in your posts - they aren't conducive to intelligent debate or strategy discussion anyhow. We run a clean site and we hope that the posters will respect that.

edited by Griselda
I don't normally like to be critical of other people, but I'm sorry. Those names are just plain gross. I have come to expect a certain level of class from the people here, and those names are most cretainly below it. Juvinile "humor" makes for a horrible name in a character, not a good one.

That being said, I have another, hopefully amusing, name for a character. A charged bolt sorceress by the name of Carmen.
<span style="color:red">Now lounging in the Amazon Basin.
Your Freudian Slip is showing. B)

Answer the question about the Rule 6 post, if you please.

You may not be ready for prime time here on the Lounge, unless you grow up a little bit, or show us that your initial impression has been a matter of trying too hard to impress a different sort of audience, a "gimme itamz pls" crowd, which is not much seen nor heard from "round here."

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I believe they were looking for good entertaining names, not tasteless and juvenile ones.
Lord Cow:

[Image: roomfunny.jpg]
Creator of "The Corrupted Wish Game": Rules revised 06/15/05
"It was a quiet day...the kind of quiet that happens just before the entire Sioux nation comes up over the ridge."
[Image: cobalt-60.jpg] Click here for a free iPod!
Strike Two.

Post edited by Griselda
@~Lord``CoW~:
References to Nikola Tesla: excellent!
References to herpes, dillholes, and douchebags (oh my!): juvenile!

The former shows an application of historical awareness to highlight a particular trait of your character (an affinity for electricity, in this case), which takes some modicum of creativity and intelligence. The latter demonstrates nothing more than the inane, scatological sense of humor that most of us grow out of during our passage through middle school. It's not that we don't find things funny; there's just not much for us to laugh about when the only presented content is vulgarity. Vulgarity coupled with irony or slapstick, perhaps? Passable. But "OozingDillhole"? :blink:

But this is not the point. In many places, comedy of this stripe is quite acceptable, because the community accepts and enjoys it. The lesson to be learned is that this is not one of those places. If I tell a dead baby joke at a party and everyone just stares at me, then I restrain myself from performing the remainder of my dead baby repertoire and otherwise enjoy the event. Same thing here; no hard feelings, but try to understand your audience. You may disagree with the prevailing sentiment, but you will not be changing it by insulting us, so either:
[a] reform yourself to community standards, or
[b] leave.

Or,
[c] subvert us from within by inserting superliminal messages into each of your posts.

Hey, you! Join the Navy! :D
(Simpsons reference)
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
~Lord``CoW~,Mar 31 2004, 08:17 AM Wrote:At least my names are original
Have you ever even been in a b.net channel?
Let me try and drag this back on topic..

Continuing the proud tradition from my Melee Sorc, who was called HeyWheresMyStaff, I created a new Tankazon last night.

Her name? HeyWheresMyBow :D

I was going to build a Smite-adin (for whom i'd secured the name ThumpBoiinngg) but changed my mind at the last minute.
I stated that I felt your choice in names was juvenile and tasteless. Resorting to personal attacks and insults doesn't help your argument that you were "being clever" or showing a sense of humor.

Fenris> Well said.
Quote:A charged bolt sorc named cartmen eh?

Actually, Carmen. I am assuming it would be Carmen Electra.
Obi2Kenobi,Mar 31 2004, 05:11 PM Wrote:I am assuming it would be Carmen Electra.
Absolutely correct! Ok, so maybe it wasn't the most amusing of names, but hopefully it got at least a few chuckles.
<span style="color:red">Now lounging in the Amazon Basin.
Quote:Absolutely correct! Ok, so maybe it wasn't the most amusing of names, but hopefully it got at least a few chuckles

I thought it was pretty good :)

As for me, I usually use uninspired names. My friend and I once played a team of punch barbs(1.07) with the names Punch_Master and Punch_Man. Thought they were amusing at the time. I also like my assassin named Soulcatcher(Glen Cook ripoff).
This is a Boss Creature's name, a zombie boss from 1.10....

"Grief Grumble the Hungry"

For my player chars, I like to look in the old D&D tome, "Deities and Demigods" for names.
...when you drink as much beer as I do; you gotta lift weights.
whatanass ----my mule
bobsaysfireball----fire sorc
rabbid_squirrel----pally
rabbid_weasel-----mule