1.10 fashion show.
I absolutely love the fact that characters get a new "paint job" in 1.10. I've always kept an eye on how my characters looked, but now it's more important than ever. It doesn't matter how godly your character is if you don't have style.

As awesome as Tal's Mask is, I would never EVER appear with it in a channel. Yes, it's that ugly. The same goes with the bird hats for Druids. They look like barf.

Style is everything.

Here's an example of an ugly character.
[Image: uglybarb.jpg]
MY EYES! THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Seeing this Barb almost made me go into convulsions. I don't know how the fellow who plays him can stand looking at his ugly image. The jawbone caps are bad enough, but when you combine a yellow one with a purple shield and a red armor and an even redder sword, you have gone beyond all bounds of good taste. It's offensive to look at. I bet that D2 creatures just curl up and die when they see this monstrosity coming.

The 1.09 "cookie cutter uber Sorceress" is almost as bad
[Image: uglysorc.jpg]
I have no words to describe my revulsion.

I prefer the good-looking characters. I flat-out refuse to play a character that looks like week-old puke covering a dirty diaper soaked in toxic waste.

Here's my current 1.10 character
[Image: redsorc.jpg]

Circlet, Spire of Lazurus, and a nifty rare Field Plate. She's a beauty. I will have a hard time parting with that gear.

So go ahead and post your asthetically-pleasing characters.
I don't have any pictures to submit, but I do know what you mean about style. I don't often find the items I'd like to have for a certain look so I make do. If I don't have a circlet, I take my hat off before returning to the channel. I like to equip my sorceresses with giant axes sometimes just to get comments from folks. I used to get compliments for wearing Goldskin on a sorceress, and I've always liked amazons in full gold armor. Another thing I like to do for HC sorceresses is to take off the hat and weapon/shield and equip a green throwing potion. Of course, the armor must look decent too. Anyway, this was all pre-1.10.

The Arcanna's set looks nice now; it's black. The deathwand looks like a Skull Collector. Gerke's Sanctuary unique pavise is a nice shade of green. It's going to be fun outfitting characters for style in 1.10.
If you like black you cant go past steelclash shield now :)
Trang-Oul's set looks great - until you complete it. Leave out one piece; it does not matter which one, as long as it is the helm. It is responsible for the greenhouse effect.

» DeeBye : what is that red armor?
ldw,Oct 31 2003, 07:44 AM Wrote:If you like black you cant go past steelclash shield now :)
plus the Chance to Cast IM When Struck works now. :D

-(very large Trogdor)
ah bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bah-bob
dyah ah dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dah-dth
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I'm digging the new color changes as well. I found a socketed tower shield for my barb and slapped a diamond in there (omg, need resists bad now) and it turned a lovely grey. The colors are a nice addition since it really starts making the characters have a lot more diversity.

Does socketing armor/helm change the color even on a rare? Can you control your fasion sense with gems? "I like a nice green armor with a lovely yellow helm, prefect emerald and topaz respecitvely."
/// Zoid.
I have a druid with full aldurs watchtower set... and the set is orange(the helm too). Add the glow and i have one ugly looking Druid. :unsure: In 1.09 i didnt really care about the looks of my char but now in 1.10 i usually switch the helm away. In werefrom the glow looks cool though.
[Image: 1048873792431.jpeg]
And when he gets to Heaven
To Saint Peter he will tell:
One more Soldier reporting Sir -
I've served my time in Hell
One of the first things I did when the patch came out was upgrade my Goldskin to Chaos Armour. THe result is a black armour with a red trim. I can't decide if I love it or hate it. I'll post a screenie when i get a chance.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
I can understand the desire to look cool, but don't you think that functionality is more important than looks? Despite this, I still think that the barb in the first screenshot was rather ugly.
<span style="color:red">Now lounging in the Amazon Basin.
Quote:I can understand the desire to look cool, but don't you think that functionality is more important than looks?
Nope! :)
-TheDragoon
Ahh, im not the only one who thinks like this. I was beginning to belive so.. :unsure:

Very nice sorcie, DeeBye. By far the best looking sorcie ive seen.. usually they run around with that utterly disgusting cap on their head. I never EVER use a cap.

Personally i prefer to dress up my javazon in full/gothicplate, towershield (yah, 15% slower run/walk speed :( ) and a crown (or a circlet). While messing about in 1.10s i suddenly found myself in a blood red fieldplate and sporting a newly imbued and also blood red maiden javelin.. ohh :) Too bad the sigons shield is white, tho its acceptable..

And my Assassin has a claymore on weaponswitch :)
*/me says*

Pally: scepter, heraldic/aerin shield, medium armour & circlet or crown.

Sorc: green tinted staff & nothing or green tinted armour.

[Image: Screenshot100b.jpg]
[Image: Screenshot040b.jpg]
One of the nicest looks in the old game was Cathans Set. Sigons Set also has a certain grandeur

Be interesting to see what they look like in the new version
I have a cathan set mule (I like those rings! :P ) and I can tell you nothing much changed with that set in terms of looks.

Sigon has changed the shade to something like 'gunmetal'. A bit less spit-n-polish B)