ES + Vulpine bug
As soon as I read about the TK synergy to ES, I decided that I'd focus a build on that. I was planning on creating a socreress that used so many vulpine items, that the damage she took would cancel out the damage to mana.

With TK at level 20, your mana shield efficiency sould improve from 200% to 75% (that is, for every point of damage ABSORBED you suffer 0.75 points instead of the usual)

With a 61% ES, you suffer only 39% of any damage. Now the aim was, to equip enough vulpine items so that the 39% damage would generate enough mana to cancel out the damage to mana.

The damage to mana should be: ABSORBTION * EFFICIENCY, in this case 61% * 75% = 44%
The mana healing formulae should be: DAMAGE TAKEN * VULPINE , in my case this is 39% * 121% = 47,19%

This means, I should GAIN mana when I am hit, even when ES is activated.

This is not the case. I am taking damage to mana, rather a lot (mep manages to empty my mana orb with two charged bolts, but he is not the main problem).

Am I calculating something wrong?
Anyone has any experience with this issue?

Thanks for the help
I think vulpine is based on the amount of damage you actually take, while energy shield now works before resistances (big nerf, that).

This would mean that, if you have 75% resistance, you'd still lose 44% of the damage in mana, but you'd only gain back 39% * 121% * 25% = 11.80% mana from vulpine. IOW, for such a situation, you'd need 451% vulpine in order to have constant mana.
That looks about right... Most of the damage I take from Bone Spirits gets absorbed, while the elemental damage types (especially lightning, 75% resist) hurt big time.

Ah well. I guess there is no hoping they'd undo this :)
Thanks for the info

(and no, I will not have 451% vulpine thank you)
Could you check to see if the vulpine items are stacking at all, without the energy shield?

Edit: I have an unimaginable loathing for threaded view, didn't see the other replies. Nevermind.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.