Old gamers...
Quote:If you are a boy, that might color your perspective. However in any case a catheter is a whole lot better than not peeing.

The only experience I've had with the whole catheter dealie is when my wife gave birth to our son. Apparently, installing a catheter is standard procedure during childbirth. My wife hated it, and insists that it was the worst part of giving birth. At one point during the delivery, she had to be restrained from pulling the catheter tube out on her own. It looked hella painful.

Quote:I could help with a thread on heart problems, but I think we had that a couple of months ago?

Thankfully, I believe that my heart troubles are a thing of the past. I'm still not entirely sure what was wrong with me, but my docs fixed me up right good.

Quote:-- and it would seem unreal is no longer here to care.

I hereby petition the LL staff to relay to us the circumstances surrounding unrealshadow13's banning. I'm particularly interested due to the fact that unrealshadow14 through 16 were registered. I also saw the Suggestion Box post.

Forum Drama is very exciting!
Well I know arthritis is a disease which is not caused by playing computergames.

But what is this carpel tunnel?? I know now that it is not a tunnel at logan airport, but if I don't know what it is I can not give a serious contribution.

Something completely different (yes I read the forum rules).

Unrealshadow13 is banned (at least that is what it says next to his posts), but how can he still post then?
LavCat,Jun 10 2004, 05:10 AM Wrote:in any case a catheter is a whole lot better than not peeing.
I would be hard pressed to agree with that. I have had the experience twice. The first was a year and a half ago so the trauma is beginning to fade. I do recall the extreme embarrassment I felt in having the male nurse put that one in. I don't know if it would have been more or less so if it had been a female nurse. The second was just a month and a half ago. It was put in while I was under anesthesia for surgery so I was spared that end of it. I wasn't so lucky when it was taken out. Again it was a male nurse, one I consider a friend in fact. In response to him saying "That's sticking a bit... I'll be right back...", I could only offer a choked back "Yeah..." as my toes curled, my back arched and the tears rolled out of my eyes. Bed pan please!
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

The short of it is it's a joint disorder occurring in the fingers, hands, and forearms. Generally caused by repetitive actions (typing, for example).

Quote:Unrealshadow13 is banned (at least that is what it says next to his posts), but how can he still post then?

I'd assume those are posts made pre-ban. Very curious as to the circumstances as well.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
DeeBye,Jun 10 2004, 01:16 AM Wrote:The only experience I've had with the whole catheter dealie is when my wife gave birth to our son.  Apparently, installing a catheter is standard procedure during childbirth. 
I am qualified to say (after having four children) that this is not 'standard procedure'. It was never once mentioned for me, and it certainly would have met with some sharp queries as to the justification for it before I let anyone try to insert one.

I would agree that my sample size is not large. However, I delivered those four children in four different hospitals with four different obstetricians.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Quote:However, if no one here gives a #$%&, why should I bother?

That's the fundamental answer, Da-Kota. You nailed it.

For Pete's sake! <waves at Pete> If your thumb hurts from clicking too much, just take some heroin. It's quite similar to gaming, I understand. ;)

Dee, I prefer Poise myself. Give them a try.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
ShadowHM,Jun 10 2004, 07:08 AM Wrote:I am qualified to say (after having four children) that this is not 'standard procedure'.&nbsp; &nbsp; It was never once mentioned for me, and it certainly would have met with some sharp queries as to the justification for it before I let anyone try to insert one.&nbsp;

I would agree that my sample size is not large.&nbsp; However, I delivered those four children in four different hospitals with four different obstetricians.
That's wierd then. When my wife learned that they were going to install a catheter she protested, but the doctors told her she didn't have a choice because everyone gets one (except me, husbands get off SCOTT FREE! Hahaha!).
Quote:I hereby petition the LL staff to relay to us the circumstances surrounding unrealshadow13's banning. I'm particularly interested due to the fact that unrealshadow14 through 16 were registered. I also saw the Suggestion Box post.

Forum Drama is very exciting!

He took Sabra's advice about the herion and sent suggestive pictures of himself to the moderators. Here's one:

[Image: unrealshadow.jpg]

-Lemmy
LemmingofGlory,Jun 10 2004, 10:46 AM Wrote:He took Sabra's advice about the herion and sent suggestive pictures of himself to the moderators. Here's one:

[Image: unrealshadow.jpg]

-Lemmy
BWAHAHAHA!!!
I can see your only options were to ban him or put him in charge :lol:
Bottle. I would recommend at least a 1.5L PET bottle, for any session longer than 2 hours. For ladies, this might be a little trickier.
This thread just keeps getting better and better. Let's ban some more people! [Image: dancing%20elephant.gif]

Here's a little photo that DeeBye sent me, just in case you thought he was kidding ...

[Image: cath.jpg]

You go, DeeBye!

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
LochnarITB,Jun 10 2004, 02:57 AM Wrote:I would be hard pressed to agree with that.

I am sorry you have been there, Lochnar. However consider, please, the alternative. One cannot survive long without peeing, and from my experience I doubt that it is a pleasant passing.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Sabra,Jun 10 2004, 07:24 PM Wrote:This thread just keeps getting better and better. Let's ban some more people! [Image: dancing%20elephant.gif]

Here's a little photo that DeeBye sent me, just in case you thought he was kidding ...

[Image: cath.jpg]

You go, DeeBye!
That's not me!

My legs are MUCH hairier than that!
Sabra,Jun 10 2004, 07:29 AM Wrote:That's the fundamental answer, Da-Kota. You nailed it.

For Pete's sake! <waves at Pete> If your thumb hurts from clicking too much, just take some heroin. It's quite similar to gaming, I understand.&nbsp; ;)

Dee, I prefer Poise myself. Give them a try.
Sabra, I've used Poise, but you must admit that compared to Depends they don't have the capacity. The pads are a lot cheaper though.

Who needs heroin? After my bladder was cut into they gave me a morphine pump. The dosage was not continuous, one had to push a button. The idea being, I guess, that if you fell unconscious the drug would stop. It was just like in DI.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Sabra,Jun 10 2004, 06:24 PM Wrote:Here's a little photo that DeeBye sent me, just in case you thought he was kidding ...
Goons! Goons, I tell you!

[Image: approveunicron.jpg]
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Quote:Who needs heroin?

LavCat??? Are you kidding me? We ALL need heroin. Health food and heroin. Get with the program!

You know who's missing from this thread? Thenryb. Probably too busy flushing out his Foley.

That is DeeBye's leg, btw. Don't be fooled.

Me ... on a good day

[Image: junkie.jpg]

The mouse pad is just to my right.

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Speaking of drugs...

Lay off the crack, Sabra ;)
Caption to picture:

FEAR ME FOOLS, FOR I HAVE THE GREAT GOLDEN PLUNGER OF DOOM! YOUR DOOM! RWAAARGH!!

Er, right. Back to the topic:

I can't say I've ever had carpal-tunnel, but I, too, have had Nintendo-itis resulting from multiple hour-long matches of Super Smash Bros. Melee or Metroid Prime binges. Damned microscopic GCN controllers...
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
The old Nintendo controllers hurt my hands a bit, but nothing like some marathon computer gaming sessions. Although this has been a pretty light-hearted thread, I know I'm not the only person here who has had to cut back on gaming for days/weeks/months because of finger or wrist problems.

I think my worst cases probably came from playing Angband. I played too long, too fast, and knew the interface too well. With both hands on home row pummeling out key commands for hours on end with no break, eventually the wrist pain would make me stop.

The other bad cases came from my right wrist while playing the original Diablo. Here it was just a simple case of left-clicking way too many times, night after night, until it started to take a toll.

Of course, I'm not exactly an old gamer yet, and none of these situations have been of the permanent damage variety (as far as I can tell, anyway). I also pummel out notes on the instrument type of keyboard, and that has caused the same type of problems at times.