Of all the times to not have a scanner handy...
I received a letter from my father yesterday. Turns out that he and my stepmother had gone up to Vancouver recently, and Stargate: SG-1 is filmed right outside of Vancouver.

I am now the proud owner of a photograph of my father hanging out with Richard Dean Anderson in some 'bed & bath' type store.

Okay, so that's not as cool as meeting William Shatner would be, but come on - we're talking about MacGyver here! B)
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Are you going to sell the picture? ;)

I don't get into celebrities much.
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Minionman,Jun 15 2004, 10:17 AM Wrote:Are you going to sell the picture? ;)
I might consider it, if I thought a picture of my father and RDA would be worth anything. :lol:

I'll probably just keep it as an 'omg that's cool' souvenir-type thing.
Oooo! You're looking at a guy who has the entire SG1-series in his g:\tv-series\ -folder!

It's quite a neat show, although I prefer the earlier seasons when they were in a transitional phase from sci-fi to humour. Now, while I appreciate some of the in-house jokes, I liked it better when they toned it down a notch.

Perhaps you can get your father to convey that to Richard-Dean Anderson? ;)

Also, Teal'c's eyebrow-thing is a riot :)

"My father saw Richard Dean Anderson. Who wants to touch me?" :)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
[ Wrote:Angel,Jun 15 2004, 11:14 AM]Perhaps you can get your father to convey that to Richard-Dean Anderson? ;)

"My father saw Richard Dean Anderson. Who wants to touch me?" :)
Unfortunately, it was just a one-off thing, they happened to meet in a mall or something. Dad's back in Louisiana by now. <_<

It's just weird never being the actual person to meet celebrities, when everyone else around you does. My stepbrother attended the opening of a restaurant once, and sat across from John Goodman. :ph34r:
O.K. Thank you for the yellow faces. I sure wonder where they came from (heavy sarcasm)

How does your family get to know all those people?
I may be dead, but I'm not old (source: see lavcat)

The gloves come off, I'm playing hardball. It's fourth and 15 and you're looking at a full-court press. (Frank Drebin in The Naked Gun)

Some people in forums do the next best thing to listening to themselves talk, writing and reading what they write (source, my brother)
Minionman,Jun 15 2004, 12:12 PM Wrote:How does your family get to know all those people?
Dumb luck? I wish I knew. I'd love to meet Robin Tunney. :D