They released the new runewords
http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/r....shtml#new

Some searching found some pics(edit: I didn't take these, I just found em :P)

[Image: Screenshot077.jpg][Image: Fortitude5.JPG][Image: dreamx.jpg][Image: death.jpg][Image: edgeruneword9ug.jpg][Image: Screenshot103.jpg][Image: Screenshot001.jpg][Image: grief.JPG][Image: spiritruneword4be.jpg]

Edit: more pics in my reply, I seem to have run into an image limit...

BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
:blink: Is this some kind of joke? Some of the runewords using high end runes are absolutely terrible in comparison to others. Not to mention how good some of the words are with backwater runes.

Looks like blizzard likes the idea of aura's for everyone. :P

Cheers,

Munk
I don't know, these runewords look very sub-standard. I mean, at least with some of the old runewords, there was a little word play(eg, VHEEZE/WHEEZE for Breath of the Dying) These...just look like something kinda munchkinly.
Blizzard just posted the official stats:

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/r....shtml#new
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Pandering to all the dupers , I see plenty of Jah's being used , 3 in one runeword . I see all the Rune shops making a lot of money in the rush for runes . Grief and spirit interest me , being lower level runes , just have to find the socketed items now :P

Really , who could make "last wish" ? Jah + Mal + Jah + Sur + Jah + Ber .
Take care
If someone can point me to the (yet) unknown stats of these new Ladder-Only Rune Words, I can update the 1.10 LoD Classic Style MOD :)

Quote:Ladder-Only Rune Words:

"Brand"          : JAH + LO + MAL + GUL            in 4-Socket Missile Weapons ?
  "Destruction"  : VEX + LO + BER + JAH + KO    in 5-Socket Polearms/Swords ?
  "Dream"        : IO + JAH + PUL                        in 3-Socket Helms/Shields ?
  "Ice"              : AMN + SHAEL + JAH + LO          in 4-Socket Missile Weapons ?
  "Infinity"        : BER + MAL + BER + IST            in 4-Socket Polearms ?
  "Phoenix"        : VEX + VEX + LO + JAH              in 4-Socket Weapons/Shields ?
  "Pride"            : CHAM + SUR + IO + LO            in 4-Socket Polearms ?
  "Wrath"          : PUL + LUM + BER + MAL            in 4-Socket Missile Weapons ?

"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
There is some of those in the first post :P scroll along :)
Take care
Raven Vale,Dec 11 2004, 11:24 AM Wrote:There is some of those in the first post :P scroll along :)
[right][snapback]62568[/snapback][/right]
Yes, but only "Dream" and "Phoenix" with no exact ranges for the variable stats ;)
Random ramblings on the new words:

I only saw a few of them that could actually be used (as in their stats aren't too bad) by non-dupers, mostly the Voice of Reason for a Conviction paladin (Rift is close to it, but doesn't have the 2 cold skills or the -cold resistance and it needs higher level runes, although it's Orb is a higher level), Spirit, which would be decent for a Hammerdin (or another caster that wants to put it in a sword, I doubt any serious caster will be wasting the str points to put it in a shield), and Harmony isn't half bad, although I wonder about those Valk bonuses.

I can see Oath being abused with the Marrowwalk goofergy.

Fortitude in an armor is going to be used a lot, especially since it only needs 1 high level rune. Actually, from the looks of things, Faith + Fortitude would seem to be a good combination for a bow user.

It's really irritating too see so many auras available now. Before the game came out, Blizzard's big selling point for the Paladin was that they would be great party companions for their auras, and now it seems like they're trying to discourage anyone from making any type of Paladin that isn't a Hammerdin.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
What I noticed is that the guy who created the new rune words is obviously a Polearm fan (like me) :D
nobbie,Dec 11 2004, 05:23 AM Wrote:If someone can point me to the (yet) unknown stats of these new Ladder-Only Rune Words, I can update the 1.10 LoD Classic Style MOD :)
[right][snapback]62567[/snapback][/right]

Good talk Nobbie, i was just about to ask you when you would be updating your patch, and its good to know you are already on top of it. I will try to help you out on those so u can get your patch going as soon as possible(Best SP mod out there).
[Image: Screenshot021.jpg][Image: faith.jpg][Image: 2_150881.jpg][Image: harmony2.jpg][Image: screenshot0160pf.jpg][Image: insight.JPG]
Thanks! Now I still need these:

Quote:"Brand"          : JAH + LO + MAL + GUL            in 4-Socket Missile Weapons ?
"Pride"            : CHAM + SUR + IO + LO            in 4-Socket Polearms ?
"Wrath"          : PUL + LUM + BER + MAL            in 4-Socket Missile Weapons ?
It really looks like they want to killl off the game. This batch of rune words make no sense.

It will be fun playing characters with some of these for about ten minutes. After that, I'm afraid that you'll feel like you've finally reached "Game Over".

-rcv-
It looks as if, but consider that legit mortal players can hardly complete one of the "uber" rune words ;)
Raven Vale,Dec 11 2004, 11:21 AM Wrote:Pandering to all the dupers , I see plenty of Jah's being used , 3 in one runeword . I see all the Rune shops making a lot of money in the rush for runes . Grief and spirit interest me , being lower level runes , just have to find the socketed items now :P

Really , who could make "last wish"  ? Jah + Mal + Jah + Sur + Jah + Ber .
[right][snapback]62566[/snapback][/right]

Pretty much every WW-barb. Can you imagine that? Enigma-ed dual vielder, with BEAST and LAST WISH?

Spirit is sweet; it put like 80% of low level items out of use but is lovely (lev29 duelers love that), and Grief will (IMHO) transform the smiter THE PvP character from now on. The others are nice, fun words; some are overpowered, some are ridiculous, but at least I'm glad that they slipped in a few of those words which are attainable for the poor as well.
Caaroid,Dec 12 2004, 02:07 PM Wrote:Pretty much every WW-barb. Can you imagine that? Enigma-ed dual vielder, with BEAST and LAST WISH?

Spirit is sweet; it put like 80% of low level items out of use but is lovely (lev29 duelers love that)

I may be missing somethng here, but as an ex-LLD, I don't see much value in the +2 skills. Now, FHR is very, very nice, but I'd probably go with 2 handed, or something that boosts block chance, stuffed with +Max jewels...

And I'd say that it renders most low to mid level caster shields obsolete.
I noticed a difference between the stats of "FAITH" in the above screenshot and the list on the "Arreat Summit". The Grand Matron Bow in the above image has +120 Fire Damage (which is usually a range from XXX-YYY), and the AS lists "+1-2 To All Stats (varies)" instead of that Fire Damage. "+1-2 To All Stats (varies)" appears to be very low though, so which is the correct stat for that rune word? I assume it's the Fire Damage, because the above screenshot has obviously been taken in the Battle.net. Opinions?
[img]http:/vewire.nrgservers.net/Dozer/wrath1.jpg[/img]

I found a screenshot of Brand, but it has Maphack on, so I'm not going to post it. Do some investigation :shuriken:
Dozer,Dec 12 2004, 05:49 PM Wrote:I found a screenshot of Brand, but it has Maphack on, so I'm not going to post it. Do some investigation :shuriken:
[right][snapback]62667[/snapback][/right]
Could you then please WRITE down the stats of BRAND from that screenshot here - that would do it already ;)

Thanks!