They released the new runewords
nobbie,Dec 12 2004, 06:22 PM Wrote:Could you then please WRITE down the stats of BRAND from that screenshot here - that would do it already ;)[right][snapback]62670[/snapback][/right]

The one I've seen:

35% chance to cast level 14 Amplify Damage when struck
100% chance to cast level 18 Bone Spear on striking
+3 to bow and crossbow skills (Amazon Only)
Fires Explosive arrows or bolts
+332% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defence
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
+318% Damage to Demons
20% Deadly Strike
Prevent Monster Heal
Knockback
You don't know what you're talking about.
lfd,Dec 12 2004, 02:43 PM Wrote:35% chance to cast level 14 Amplify Damage when struck
100% chance to cast level 18 Bone Spear on striking
+3 to bow and crossbow skills (Amazon Only)
Fires Explosive arrows or bolts
+332% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defence
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
+318% Damage to Demons
20% Deadly Strike
Prevent Monster Heal
Knockback
[right][snapback]62672[/snapback][/right]

Yep, that's it.

EDIT: found this on Pride on the B.Net forums, I have no idea as to its accuracy:

Pride - ChamSurIoLo
25% Chance to Cast Level 17 Fire wall When Struck
Level 16 Concentration Aura When Equipped
250-310% Bonus To Attack Rating (varies)
+(1% Per Character Level) +1-99% Damage to Demons (Based on Character Level)
Adds 50-280 Lightning Damage
20% Deadly Strike
Hit Blinds Target
Freezes Target +3
+10 vitality
Replenish Life +8
+(1% Per Character Level) 1-99% Extra Gold From Monsters (Based on Character Level
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Hmm .. I'm wondering how the poster of PRIDE can know the range of the mods ...
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
I just found this link (no guarantee about correctness):

http://www.knight-rider.org/%7Eturtle/di...ewords.php

I think I'll update my "1.10 LoD Classic Style MOD" for you tomorrow, and refine the stats when Blizzard updates the Arreat Summit officially.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
The listing in Arreat Summit seems to be not exactly congruent to the above screenshots. Aside from the one nobbie mentioned (Faith bow), the +1-2 to all stats => could it have been +1-2 to all skills instead (the one on the image above has +2 to all skills)?

Similarly, in the AS, the Harmony runeword says only +55-160 to 2 types of elemental damage while the above screenshot has +55-160 to all 3 elemental fire/ltng/cold dmg (quite nice => like a lower version of Hellrack).

Any idea how Grief's +363 dmg works (in the above shot, it doesn't seem to get added to the colossus blade's dmg range??)

~~~~~~

I'm thinking these batch adds some really high level runewords (like the one which uses 3 Jah's!) but doesn't really add any of value to the previous available runewords -- how long does it take to find 3 Jahs?

Some interesting low-level runewords would be:

a) Edge -- requires only L25 to use (use it on edge bow, for instance); L15 thorns aura (skelliemancer?), reduce vendor prices 15% --> equip it when gambling

b) Insight -- for a L27 runeword, it has 200-260% ED, really nice (rivals/exceeds the L27 Honor runeword). too bad it works only on polearms and staves which make me think it's designed to be used for Druids... probably use it on gothic staff (polearms would have higher str/dex reqmts) or the elite staves (these would then require higher levels to use, but the damage is then respectable)

c) Spirit -- this is also a L25 runeword, the hard thing is to find a lowlevel 4 socket shield (for non-paladin shields, the Monarch is the ideal choice ==> hmm too bad I just traded away my 4 socket monarch since I hadn't known the existence of this new runeword); for paladin shields, you may use a crown shield or any exceptional/elite shields with 4 sockets. Thus, for non-paladins, this item is at least L54 to use (the level reqmt of Monarch), while paladins can use it by level 25.

Another sort of peculiar is that it can be used on 4socket swords too, so sorceresses can now have early access to +2 all skills 1-h item (necros have the +2 necro skills Gravenspine L20 required wand), usable by level 25 (use maybe crystal sword, long sword, dimensional blade, etc.)

d) Harmony -- a L39 runeword, finally something good (good %ED and triple-elemental dmg) to be socketed in bows and crossbows (Melody?? what's the use of that) and is not too high level (compare Passion, Call to Arms or Hand of Justice which can also be used on bows/xbows)

e) Obedience -- L41 runeword, while it's relatively low level to use, the target item would most likely be an elite item like maybe thresher (but the range of this item is short) or cryptic axe (you could use a bec-de-corbin so that it's L41 to use, but it seems to be a waste). I'd say this is really one of the best new runewords whose required runes are not that difficult to find (well, I've only found 2 Ko's and 2 Fal's in B.Net ladder, haven't found any other higher runes yet though).
dta,Dec 12 2004, 09:48 PM Wrote:Any idea how Grief's +363 dmg works (in the above shot, it doesn't seem to get added to the colossus blade's dmg range??)
[right][snapback]62696[/snapback][/right]

This is a bugged property that previously existed only on three items: Astreon's Iron Ward, The Reedemer, and Stone Crusher.

If a weapon has Damage +X, that's equivalent to +X to minimum damage and +X to maximum damage, with a few exceptions:
- It won't show up at all on the displayed weapon damge.
- It won't show up correctly on the LCS.
- It works with smite (adding to your shield damage, which then gets multiplied by your off-weapon ED, making Grief an obscenely overpowered smitadin weapon).
Thought you might try the Amazon basin for those runewords .

http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...showtopic=52716

Oh I have put edge on my bow merc , quite useful for my skellimancers army :)
Take care
Did anyone see the stats of "PRIDE" yet? The above sample doesn't seem quite right without Enhanced Damage ...

EDIT:

I just noted that "PRIDE" in the above example has level 16 Concentration, which is equal to 285% Enhanced Damage, so the stats might be correct :)
The creators of the "Chaos Empire" Mod have set up this page until all stats will be officially released:

http://chaosempire.net/RWstats.htm
The AS is being updated, only "Brand" and "Pride" are currently missing:

http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/r....shtml#new
My Mod has just been updated (see the other, pinned thread).

I've also provided the RUNES.TXT game table in an extra folder this time, so that you can also use the new rune words using the original 1.10 patch with the "-direct -txt" execution option :)
nobbie,Dec 14 2004, 03:03 AM Wrote:My Mod has just been updated (see the other, pinned thread).
[right][snapback]62769[/snapback][/right]

Raa!. ;-)

Anecdotal evidence from the AB would seem to indicate that the drop rates of runes has been increased in high-level areas; I know there's not enough statistical evidence just yet, but the odds of Zod, Cham, Sur etc. dropping are so absurdly remote that it must at least be considered a real possibility that Blizzard has tweaked treasure classes server-side. Will you be altering the mod's (already higher than normal single-player) rune drop rates to match, should further evidence or proof be found?
You don't know what you're talking about.
lfd,Dec 14 2004, 12:10 PM Wrote:Raa!.  ;-)

Anecdotal evidence from the AB would seem to indicate that the drop rates of runes has been increased in high-level areas; I know there's not enough statistical evidence just yet, but the odds of Zod, Cham, Sur etc. dropping are so absurdly remote that it must at least be considered a real possibility that Blizzard has tweaked treasure classes server-side.  Will you be altering the mod's (already higher than normal single-player) rune drop rates to match, should further evidence or proof be found?
[right][snapback]62788[/snapback][/right]
Yes, but the rune drops in the Mod are already very good (check out the (Hell) Countess). Should the drops in Battle.net be higher now (Blizzard's Xmas gift), I can improve them further, though ;)
adeyke,Dec 13 2004, 05:26 AM Wrote:This is a bugged property that previously existed only on three items: Astreon's Iron Ward, The Reedemer, and Stone Crusher.

If a weapon has Damage +X, that's equivalent to +X to minimum damage and +X to maximum damage, with a few exceptions:
- It works with smite (adding to your shield damage, which then gets multiplied by your off-weapon ED, making Grief an obscenely overpowered smitadin weapon).
[right][snapback]62699[/snapback][/right]

Reports of the first GRIEF PvP smiter in Europe have arrived. That thing is a monster! Smites right through the Marrowmancer's bone armor! Good to see two bugged mods fighting one another (actually, the +DAM thing might not be a bug, just a RARE occurence... but still, this thing can turn the smiter to the deadliest PVP melee character).

Still I find Phoenix and Infinity the most troubling of the bunch (people keep coming about how Infinity will turn blizzard sorces into THE next big thing; without realizing that even a maxed convicion cannot break the immunities of nearly anything...) Imagine, a fireball/meteor sorc equipped with a Phoenix shield and an Infinity merc...pasting EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE (fire resists are not that high as cold resists; most immunities would be broken by the merc, and the phoenixed jeweled sorceress can demolish anything else in their path while phoenix feeds her both life and mana).

Skelemancers will hate these sorces more than anyone I guess :)
adeyke,Dec 13 2004, 01:26 AM Wrote:This is a bugged property that previously existed only on three items: Astreon's Iron Ward, The Reedemer, and Stone Crusher.

[right][snapback]62699[/snapback][/right]

Thanks, adeyke.

Does anyone know if the Damage +X property works on the weapon itself?

If so, this becomes an unbelievably powerful Zealot weapon, so I guess not.

Does it work on the opposite weapon if you are a dual-wielding Barb?

How about Assassin kick finishing moves? (Imagine this on my maxed
Tiger Strike/Dragon Tail Assy!)

How about on the Assassin Blade Sentinel/Shield/Fury skills?

How about on an Iron Golem's melee damage?

Sorry to get carried away...
Andrew the Legit Single-Player,Dec 14 2004, 01: Wrote:Thanks, adeyke.

Does anyone know if the Damage +X property works on the weapon itself?

Yes.

Quote:If so, this becomes an unbelievably powerful Zealot weapon, so I guess not.

I don't understand that sentence. You're making it sound like Blizzard somehow cared about balance when introducing the new runewords.

Quote:Does it work on the opposite weapon if you are a dual-wielding Barb?

No.

Quote:How about Assassin kick finishing moves?  (Imagine this on my maxed
Tiger Strike/Dragon Tail Assy!)

No.

Quote:How about on the Assassin Blade Sentinel/Shield/Fury skills?

It actually appears that it does work on shield but not on the other two. I'll need someone to confirm this.

Quote:How about on an Iron Golem's melee damage?
[right][snapback]62826[/snapback][/right]

Yes.
A few observations:

1) only about 4 of those are actually achievable whilst having a life. As the for the one that starts Vex + Vex... is someone and Buzzard having a cruel joke? (although it is almost worth it)

2) Edge looks pretty decent for my crossbow paladin, and achievable
edit: except that he's non-ladder, argh.

3) Spirit looks unbelievably fantastic. Swords and shields?
2 of them on an iron wolf anyone? 50-70% faster cast, +4 to the skills, 70% elemental resistance, 55% hit recovery
edit 2: throw in some stealth armour, any ideas for a helm?

(without actually scrolling up and comparing them) they're still better than the last lot of new words. When will we get something using only el eld and tir? at the moment almost all the runewords are out of reach of the ordinary gamer.

-Bob
You mean almost all the USEABLE runewords. A number of the older ones weren't much good for anything, as compared to other gear you could get at comparable levels. Even more so now that the list is exponentially longer.
Bob,Dec 14 2004, 04:37 PM Wrote:3) Spirit looks unbelievably fantastic. Swords and shields?
2 of them on an iron wolf anyone? 50-70% faster cast, +4 to the skills, 70% elemental resistance, 55% hit recovery
[right][snapback]62849[/snapback][/right]

It only actually gets the resistances in a shield, as those bonuses come from the runes. However, you do get the 55% FHR from each, for 110% total.

Note, though, that, unless you give the merc some +strength gear, he won't ever have the strength necessary to equip a monarch, the lowest-requirement non-Paladin-specific 4-socket shield. Even at level 98, normal-hired iron wolves have only 153 strength, while monarchs need 156.
adeyke,Dec 15 2004, 12:30 AM Wrote:It only actually gets the resistances in a shield, as those bonuses come from the runes.  However, you do get the 55% FHR from each, for 110% total.

Note, though, that, unless you give the merc some +strength gear, he won't ever have the strength necessary to equip a monarch, the lowest-requirement non-Paladin-specific 4-socket shield.  Even at level 98, normal-hired iron wolves have only 153 strength, while monarchs need 156.
[right][snapback]62855[/snapback][/right]

there's always a catch... The cast speed (which is the real bonus) is just a property of the runeword

So, a strength helm is the order of the day? A face of horror perhaps?

-Bob