They released the new runewords
Quote: Even at level 98, normal-hired iron wolves have only 153 strength, while monarchs need 156.

For hired mercs, I often like giving them ethereal versions of most things... so they could use an ethereal monarch (str req=146) by level 90+...

Strength helms? Hmm. maybe Naj's Circlet (+15 str), Face of Horror (+20 str), Andariel's Visage (+20-30 str), rare circlet (up to +30 str), Natalya's Totem (+10-20 str), etc. although +skills, +resists would complement it.

Or you could use a Spirit Forge with 2 Sols in it. Takes care of the strength and gives a good protection armor in the process. Then again, you wouldn't be able to have a Stealth on.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
adeyke,Dec 14 2004, 07:30 PM Wrote:It only actually gets the resistances in a shield, as those bonuses come from the runes.
That points out something that will need correction on the AS.
THe runewords that are useable by more than one item type will need their descriptions modified according to the type of item they are used in.

For instance, Spirit should look something like this:

Spirit: 4 socket Swords/Shields

+2 To All Skills
+25-35% Faster Cast Rate (varies)
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
+250 Defense Vs. Missile
+22 To Vitality
+89-112 To Mana (varies)
+3-8 Magic Absorb (varies)

Plus:

Shields
Cold Resist +35%
Lightning Resist +35%
Poison Resist +35%
Attacker Takes Damage of 14

Swords
Adds 3-14 Cold Damage - 3 Second Duration
Adds 1-50 Lightning Damage
+75 Poison Damage Over 5 Seconds
7% Life Stolen Per Hit

-rcv-
The 23 new rune words have now been finalized with the official Arreat Summit stats in my Mod (see the pinned thread here)!
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Bob,Dec 14 2004, 11:37 PM Wrote:A few observations:

1) only about 4 of those are actually achievable whilst having a life. As the for the one that starts Vex + Vex... is someone and Buzzard having a cruel joke? (although it is almost worth it)

2) Edge looks pretty decent for my crossbow paladin, and achievable
edit: except that he's non-ladder, argh.

3) Spirit looks unbelievably fantastic. Swords and shields?
2 of them on an iron wolf anyone? 50-70% faster cast, +4 to the skills, 70% elemental resistance, 55% hit recovery
edit 2: throw in some stealth armour, any ideas for a helm?

[right][snapback]62849[/snapback][/right]

My few observations :)

1). The Vex Vex runeword is Phoneix, and the trouible is the Jah in it. And the LO. The Vexes are cake compared to those :) The other problems with that word are the 400% ED, the redemption aura and the -fire resists. Nasty.

2). Edge: Note that it has neither ED nor IAS. The new Harmony, however, IS awesome. Vigor guarantees that you can outrun extra fast moonlords, valkyre grants you a tank and the revive charges make sure that those moon lord corpses are not wasted... Running around with a pack of fana+vigor moonlords would surely add a nice touch to your ranger... and all you need for this is a KO. (I don't know how long till lev 49 dueling will be re-drawn by this word... and OATH)

3). Spirit IS unbelievably fantastic. When we saw it come out we made like 4 of them initially to make sure when it gets nerfed out we'd have them. For lev29 casters they are THE weapon of choice (for hammerdins, shield also); but I am actually thinking about replacing my Herald with this on my MF hammerdin... I gain 1% in all resistances but fire (there I loose 29%), I loose 2 combat skills and 20 str, but gain 100 mana, the much needed 55% FHR and the ovely cast speed...
dta,Dec 15 2004, 10:58 PM Wrote:For hired mercs, I often like giving them ethereal versions of most things... so they could use an ethereal monarch (str req=146) by level 90+...

Strength helms? Hmm. maybe Naj's Circlet (+15 str), Face of Horror (+20 str), Andariel's Visage (+20-30 str), rare circlet (up to +30 str), Natalya's Totem (+10-20 str), etc. although +skills, +resists would complement it.
[right][snapback]62884[/snapback][/right]

Craft a "Caster" helm, and pray for +str.