best bow?
Attika,Apr 14 2005, 03:34 AM Wrote:Sekel, I've been around a long time with the LL, and will tell you that the regs here consider both saving of Single Player games and using them to nullify bad outcomes, AND the use of character backups on disk in Multiplayer for similar reasons are both considered forms of cheating.  And that the Lurker Lounge doesn't condone cheating.  So, sorry, I'm not willing to suggest this as a possible strategy for fariel to use.
[right][snapback]73877[/snapback][/right]
First off, what he's playing is singleplayer.
There is by definition NO cheating in singleplayer.

Secondly, using backup files in multiplayer is cheating, while save/loading in singleplayer is NOT. Yes it is cheesy, yes and can (and will sooner or later) spoil the fun. But it ain't cheating in any way. Do you want to tell me that when I have to exit quickly because real life ™ leaves me no time at the moment, and then come back at the evening but eventually still know what the shrine I now once more stand before did, this is cheating, too?

Quote:If you are so willing to "bend the rules" as far as SP Shrines
There is no such 'rule'. Everyone is allowed to play singleplayer as cheesy as he wants to. Don't go over the top with your 'cheater condemning'.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Attika,Apr 14 2005, 02:34 AM Wrote:Sekel, a few responses to yours.
First off,
IF he knows how to change the difficulty setting.  IF.... Your advice about shopping works only IF he knows how to change the difficulty setting.  And I think it's a good idea too IF fariel knows how to do it AND has a clevel 25> character that he can use to shop.  IF....

IF he DOESN'T know how to do this, then his next best bet is to make a new game, re-enter the dungeon, and look for a good bow (such as EH) from a Hell drop or gather cash for multiple shopping trips.  I much prefer playing to shopping, and I'll always give advice to that effect. 
Secondly,
"In SP there is no problem with Shrines, Goat shrines or Cauldrons. Just came in front Goat/Cauldron, save game and touch it. And youll see what happens. Something wrong? Then simply load game :-) "(your quote)

Sekel, I've been around a long time with the LL, and will tell you that the regs here consider both saving of Single Player games and using them to nullify bad outcomes, AND the use of character backups on disk in Multiplayer for similar reasons are both considered forms of cheating.  And that the Lurker Lounge doesn't condone cheating.  So, sorry, I'm not willing to suggest this as a possible strategy for fariel to use.
Thirdly,
"Huh, easily findable??? I dont think so...."(your quote again re Eaglehorn)

If you are so willing to "bend the rules" as far as SP Shrines, then Eaglehorn is a breeze to find.  Google Henjo's site.  Download Doomgaze's Trainer.  Download the UniqueItems zipfile.  Unzip the file.  Use Doomgaze.  *Poof* you've got Eaglehorn.

But using a trainer!  That's . . . . that's. . . um, as bad a saving SP games to nullify bad outcomes?

To - mA - to.
To - mAH - to.

Just don't do it, nor advise others to do so.

Attika
Attika,Apr 14 2005, 02:34 AM Wrote:Sekel, a few responses to yours.
First off,
IF he knows how to change the difficulty setting.  IF.... Your advice about shopping works only IF he knows how to change the difficulty setting.  And I think it's a good idea too IF fariel knows how to do it AND has a clevel 25> character that he can use to shop.  IF.... 
There are not so many IFs as youre trying to tell.
"My advice" about shopping works always. Only question is how to gather some money. Maybe he knows how to change difficulty and maybe not. Its not important at all. He can colect money in next "normal diff" game and then start shopping. Maybe shopping will not be necessary because he will find Eaglehorn/another nice bow in "collecting" game.

BTW: Anticipation that he knows how to increase difficulty is made by you:
Attika,Apr 14 2005, 02:34 AM Wrote:Finally, there's that problem of money. I'm hoping you know how to change the difficulty setting from Normal to either Nightmare or Hell difficulty even though you are playing Single Player, yes? So more money can drop even in Church, yes? Because you'll find yourself going through bow durability pretty fast if you plan to use the bow as your primary weapon, and repairs are going to be expensive.
BUT AGAIN: I dont affirm that he HAS TO collect money in higher difficulties.
-------
My personal tip is, that fariel DONT know how to change difficulty and dont have multiplayer character with clvl 20+ to do it.
--------
Attika,Apr 14 2005, 02:34 AM Wrote:Secondly,
"In SP there is no problem with Shrines, Goat shrines or Cauldrons. Just came in front Goat/Cauldron, save game and touch it. And youll see what happens. Something wrong? Then simply load game :-) "(your quote)

Sekel, I've been around a long time with the LL, and will tell you that the regs here consider both saving of Single Player games and using them to nullify bad outcomes, AND the use of character backups on disk in Multiplayer for similar reasons are both considered forms of cheating.  And that the Lurker Lounge doesn't condone cheating.  So, sorry, I'm not willing to suggest this as a possible strategy for fariel to use.
In that case there is lot of SP cheaters. Well, SP Save/Load options are part of Diablo itself. Program for backuping character in MP is not. I can see difference. You cant. But I dont want debate if it is or it is not cheating, because Im sick of these quarrels.

So dont use Save/Load options. Forgot about Goat shrines/Cauldrons and use only classic Shrines (in "legit" way). All the same, Hiddening bow is not so big disaster as you described.

Attika,Apr 14 2005, 02:34 AM Wrote:Thirdly,
"Huh, easily findable??? I dont think so...."(your quote again re Eaglehorn)

If you are so willing to "bend the rules" as far as SP Shrines, then Eaglehorn is a breeze to find.  Google Henjo's site.  Download Doomgaze's Trainer.   Download the UniqueItems zipfile.  Unzip the file.  Use Doomgaze.  *Poof* you've got Eaglehorn.

But using a trainer!  That's . . . . that's. . . um, as bad a saving SP games to nullify bad outcomes?
Sorry, no comment here.
You think, that Eaglehorn is easily findable.
I think that it is not.
Your words around are just .........
[quote=Sekel,Apr 13 2005, 09:19 AM]
Are you sure, you have got Awe/Lion shield? As far as I know Lion cant exist on shields in classic Diablo. In case you have got "special" version which allows suffix of the Lion appear on the shield (hehe), then ask for more. Try to ask Wirt for Godly/Lion shield ;)

ni im not realy sure maybe it was awesome/tiger
sry for the mistake
hello all, i know how tochange difficulty :) ,the question i repeat is for you what is the best bow , a quik one or a damages one.i repeat that i don't like knockback and personnaly,im thinkin that to go far in the game(i have a lvl 23 rogue),damages bow seem better, am i wrong? Thanx for your answers anyway :)
>,the question i repeat is for you what is the best bow , a quik one or a damages one.i repeat that i don't like knockback and personnaly,im thinkin that to go far in the game(i have a lvl 23 rogue),damages bow seem better, am i wrong? Thanx for your answers anyway :)

Hello, if I understand your question right, the answer would be it depends. Like others have said, for a younger character a damage bow would probably be better, since they might have trouble reaching enough damage for consistent stun lock vs monsters. For older characters or at least chars who has enough damage for their difficulty levels, a swift bow might be better.

So there really isn't one best bow throughout, though there might be better bows for different situations and styles.

*Though if we want to really talk turkey, any bow of lightning wins hands down for the cool factor of shooting an electrified arrow. Well to me anyways.
where to find a emerald bow best
griswold or pepin
i think pipin is the only way but im sure griswold offerd me some time ago a emerald item