best bow?
hello all, i play a rogue in sp mode and i'd like to know your opinion or which bow to use.do you prefer a fast one (like swiftness bow) or a damage one with knockback effect(windforce) or one with resists on it(emerald bow of......).And plz coul you say why you chose your bow .Thanx to all . :D
i prefer my warriors bow of swiftness or may savage bow iof the heavens
there is no need for resists for my case because i got plenty obsidian heaven jewelry
i often switch between my two bows depending to the monster mix
or use my kings-haste sword and awesome shild of the lion
danifilth,Apr 12 2005, 09:55 AM Wrote:i prefer my warriors bow of swiftness or may savage bow iof the heavens
there is no need for resists for my case because i got plenty obsidian heaven jewelry
i often switch between my two bows depending to the monster mix
[right][snapback]73669[/snapback][/right]
thanx to you danifilth,but why do you use a sword,does it mean it's too tough playing a pure rogue?
fariel,Apr 12 2005, 09:52 AM Wrote:thanx to you danifilth,but  why do you use a sword,does it mean it's too tough playing a pure rogue?
[right][snapback]73670[/snapback][/right]

if you mean it may be too hard for me playing a pure bow-ruge you failed
i just like the way of playing a ss ruge with a good chance too block nearly every hit and and conter the atacks with a fast sword or cc.
im sure its very cool (and sometimes very hard) to play a pure ruge but i prefer a more flexible style of playing after i have done it from lvl1-40 just pure
i need some other ways of playing the ruge every lvl because it will be soon too boring playing till lvl 50 the same style
i have started diablo with a ruge but soon stoped it because it was a little bit too slow for my suizidestyle of playing .maybe im totaly false with my typs or hints for the ruge. it may be the case because the mage is the most exiting class to me.
what bows do you prefer?
fariel,Apr 12 2005, 02:38 AM Wrote:hello all, i play a rogue in sp mode and i'd like to know your opinion or  which bow to use.do you prefer a fast one (like swiftness bow) or a damage one with knockback  effect(windforce) or one  with resists on  it(emerald bow of......).And plz coul you say why you chose your bow .Thanx to all . :D
[right][snapback]73666[/snapback][/right]

In Hellfire Fixed:
Deadly Hunter all the way baby YEAH!!
Seriously, its quite decent for what it can do (and for what it can't do that it says it can do (lying little *******)).

As I play Hellfire almost exlcusively when I play "original" diablo (confusing but hey) "swiftness" doesn't really do squat anymore, that and the level of Prefixes that can go with it have always been mid-level at best.

With Rogue/Bow you already fire fast enough, you just normally lack damage to punch through and stun things, which having the 'best' base bow have min damage of 1 doesn't help things.

So I like damage, except in the case of Deadly Hunter, but then that thing has damage like bonuses anyway (albiet not actually boosting 'real' damage neccesarily).
Hey,

This link might help you a lot. It has in-depth information about any aspect of the rogue.
To shortly answer your question:

In the early stages (clvl 1 - ~29) you will want a bow that deals good damage to stun your enemies. Ideal: Savage LWB of the Heavens.

When you're more experienced (clvl ~30 - ~40) the damage you get from your clvl and your attribute points will be enough to stun enemies, but you might want to stun two of them at once: Massive LWB of Swiftness.

Once you are a high-end character (clvl ~41 - 50), you may want to free the jewel slots from resistance prefixes to fill them with +mana adders, and your damage is already high enough with every ordinary bow. Ideal: Emerald LWB of the Heavens.

People tend to have different 'favorite bows', though. That largely depends on their playstyle.

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Fragbait,Apr 13 2005, 06:47 AM Wrote:Hey,

This link might help you a lot. It has in-depth information about any aspect of the rogue.
To shortly answer your question:

In the early stages (clvl 1 - ~29) you will want a bow that deals good damage to stun your enemies. Ideal: Savage LWB of the Heavens.

When you're more experienced (clvl ~30 - ~40) the damage you get from your clvl and your attribute points will be enough to stun enemies, but you might want to stun two of them at once: Massive LWB of Swiftness.

Once you are a high-end character (clvl ~41 - 50), you may want to free the jewel slots from resistance prefixes to fill them with +mana adders, and your damage is already high enough with every ordinary bow. Ideal: Emerald LWB of the Heavens.

People tend to have different 'favorite bows', though. That largely depends on their playstyle.

Greetings, Fragbait
[right][snapback]73762[/snapback][/right]

thanx to all, for me i like all around bows that make everything like a lord's bow of precision or a lord's bow of........with a cool suffix.i hate knockback bows that i find useless except facing one huge oppoonent so i don't like windforce.for me more bonus you have on the bow the coolest it is.Though my dream bow will be a merciless bow of slaughter(did someone ever found it?),for the rest of the gear, zodiak of ........will just be great,i think in high levels magik can be as important as the bow.........
Hail,

fariel,Apr 13 2005, 08:30 AM Wrote:Though my  dream  bow will be a merciless bow of slaughter(did someone ever found it?),...
[right][snapback]73764[/snapback][/right]

I wouldn't think so; according to Jarulf's Guide, chapter 3.4., the highest damage suffix possible on a bow is "of Maiming".

You can check Jarulf's Guide for possible combinations of pre- and suffixes:

http://members.core.com/~dfrease/JGFrame.html

Take care,

Lord_Olf
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea
thanx , omg i'm so disapointed my dream bow doesn't exist(lol),i'll go on a merciless bow of precision then, cuz the adjunction of dexterity still remains fantastik. :)
fariel,Apr 12 2005, 11:13 PM Wrote:\i'll go on a merciless bow of precision  then, cuz the adjunction of dexterity still remains fantastik. :)
[right][snapback]73767[/snapback][/right]

I rather doubt that you will, since merciless/precision, or even merciless/perfection items do not exist. Not that that's a bad thing: +all is a much better stat than +dex for rogues. Ironically, +dex is the last thing rogues need (ok, it's the second-to-last thing after +vit, which is the last thing anyone needs in diablo).
Thecla,Apr 13 2005, 09:28 AM Wrote:I rather doubt that you will, since merciless/precision, or even merciless/perfection items do not exist. Not that that's a bad thing: +all is a much better stat than +dex for rogues. Ironically, +dex is the last thing rogues need (ok, it's the second-to-last thing after +vit, which is the last thing anyone needs in diablo).
[right][snapback]73771[/snapback][/right]
omg, is there a bow i want that exits :) ,i' mconfused about the answers i received,i'll try to more think about my ideal bow(if it exists :) .
If you are playing in single player mode, I would venture to say the best bow is the one you can find. Or more specifically, the highest damaging one you can find. During the normal single player range of play (one time through the game on normal difficulty), having enough raw damage to stun is one of the most important factors, certainly more important than swiftness at that stage. And resistances, while important, can usually be covered on other items.

For a high level, multiplayer rogue, it's almost the opposite situation. Raw damage is practically useless because your base damage is so high. Swiftness becomes a much better option as a force multiplier. And resistance/+all becomes another good option, clearing the way for +mana jewelry, since magic becomes the primary damage source anyway.
danifilth,Apr 12 2005, 08:55 AM Wrote:i often switch between my two bows depending to the monster mix
[right][snapback]73669[/snapback][/right]
Are you sure, you have got Awe/Lion shield? As far as I know Lion cant exist on shields in classic Diablo. In case you have got "special" version which allows suffix of the Lion appear on the shield (hehe), then ask for more. Try to ask Wirt for Godly/Lion shield ;)

fariel,Apr 13 2005, 06:30 AM Wrote:thanx to all, for me i like all around bows that make everything like a lord's bow of precision or a lord's bow of........with a cool suffix.i hate knockback bows that i find useless except facing one huge oppoonent  so  i don't like windforce.for me more bonus you have on the bow the coolest it is.Though my  dream  bow will be a merciless bow of slaughter(did someone ever found it?),for the rest of the gear, zodiak of ........will just be great,i  think  in high levels magik can be as important as the bow.........
[right][snapback]73764[/snapback][/right]
Ive got other bad news. As lord_Olf said, the best +DMG suffix on the bow is Maiming (3-5). The bad news is, that Lords cannot be on bows too. Warriors is the best +ToHit/+%DMG preffix for bows.

fariel,Apr 13 2005, 07:13 AM Wrote:thanx , omg i'm so disapointed my dream bow doesn't exist(lol),i'll go on a merciless bow of precision  then, cuz the adjunction of dexterity still remains fantastik. :)
[right][snapback]73767[/snapback][/right]
Merciless bow of precision cannot exist in classic Diablo too. You have to lower from merciless if you want +DEXT bow. But hey, you can raise suffix Precision to Perfection. With lot of luck, you can buy Ruthless bow of Perfection in Wirt shop. But you can buy it only if level your character is between 18 and 23. You will need from 42 300 to 79 000 Gold. The first value is for the worst Long Battle Bow you can imagine (126/21), the second value is for the best Long Warr Bow you can imagine (150/30).

But forged about dreams and ask yourself question "Why I need +DEXT bow? Rogue dont need Dexterity boosting if you spend lvlup points right. In my opinion choosing your equip is about what you actually need.
Need some STR for wearing your Full Plate Mail? -> Try X/Giants bow
Need some resist? -> Then vote Rezist/X bow.
Of course you dont need Savage/Heavens, Emerald/Heavens or Massive/Swiftness bows. I really have to laugh, when I read guide "for newbies" and in half first page is written that you need: 2 Obsi/Zodiac and 1 Dragons/Zodiac jewelry, Awesome/Star Full plate, Royal Circlet and Savage/Heavens LWB.
In case you dont have got 2 Obsi/Zods (Oh my God, youre so big looser) you can use 2 Dragons/Zodiac and Emerald/Heavens bow.
I have got clvl 50 Rogue and I can assure you, that except Royal Circlet she never wore these items. Simply take a think what style you want play and use what you have got in right way.

>>> i play a rogue in sp mode<<<

For you, my Single-Player friend, the answer is easy.

The best bow for you is ..... Eaglehorn.

Why Eaglehorn? Simply because you are playing Single Player and Eaglehorn does decent damage, is findable, and -- best of all -- is indestructible.

There are a bunch of problems for playing Single-Player and trying to locate good bows.

Griswold won't sell you any prefix or suffix beyond qlevel 30, so no Merciless, Ruthless, Burning or Thunder there. That means you'll HAVE to trudge out to Wirt to check on ONE item and see if a.) it's a bow, b.) it's a bow of a decent base (say, not Short Bow or Hunter's Bow), c.) it has a good prefix (as per above) and d.) it has a good suffix (heavens, thunder, burning). Chances are low everything is going to fall together at exactly the right time. You may spend hours if not days if not WEEKS walking to Wirt, checking what he's selling, and then exiting and creating anew. I'm going to guess that you'd rather play the game than shop.

So, as a Single Player you now have two other options: find that bow in the dungeon or buy it at Griswolds.

Now Griswold CAN sell you a Swiftness bow, and he can also pair them up with the best prefix (Massive) that comes with that suffix. However, he'll only sell that specific pair of prefix/suffix when YOU have reached a certain character level. For buying a Massive/Swiftness bow, Gris will start selling you that bow when you reach clevel 19, and he'll STOP selling you that bow when you reach clevel 22. Since in playing to completion even ONE game of Single Player Diablo you'll hit clevel 25, you've probably already passed this level. If you haven't, it means you can now stop and begin shopping endlessly for that "perfect bow". Good luck. Should maybe take you only a few days of shopping trips. Maybe.

(Gris WILL sell you a Savage/Heavens bow as soon as you hit clevel 24, and will continue to do so throughout your further leveling. Same with +Resistance/ +damage bows.)

That means the best way to locate a good bow of Swiftness for you in Single Player will be to hunt it up in the dungeons. Try bosses on 8 and dungeon levels 9-11 in general -- that will be your best chance of locating em. Of course, for every new game you create, you'll be having to fight your way down to Caves via the Church entrance, since all the other entrances are sealed in Single Player until you find them via game play.

Want Merciless/Heavens from the dungeons? Uh oh, more bad news. The highest qlevel monster you can kill in the dungeon is qlevel 34, and the way qlevels of prefixes and suffixes are set up the best qlevel that can drop in the dungeon on either a prefix or suffix won't exceed that then. You won't be finding that Merciless/Burning bow in the dungeons at all. Only Wirt sells it. So it's back to shopping at Wirtmart for hours/days on end.

PLUS you realize that in playing Single Player, you must fight your way from the Church entrance to get to deeper levels? I mean, there is NO entrance to Caves or Hell in Single player until you walk through the dungeons and find it. So you need more money to buy that bow at Wirts? Start at Church and fight downward until you have enough cash, and pray you don't level up to an even clevel in the meantime so that he refreshes his item for sale. Tedious again.

Finally, there's that problem of money. I'm hoping you know how to change the difficulty setting from Normal to either Nightmare or Hell difficulty even though you are playing Single Player, yes? So more money can drop even in Church, yes? Because you'll find yourself going through bow durability pretty fast if you plan to use the bow as your primary weapon, and repairs are going to be expensive. Eventually you'll get to the point where you'll be either a.) running out of money and needing to start a new game to get more money to repair your mighty bow, b.) you've killed everything in the game and need to start a new game to continue playing. Well, in either case you'll be having to start in Church once again 'cause you're doing Single Player. You'll find it a long and expensive haul to get to Caves and Hell again (unless you've got Teleport spell, and even then....). That means you may be using a cheaper bow more often than your "good" bow in order to fight your way down to the levels where you can get enough cash to repair your better bow! So which bow then is really your "better" bow then?

Ok, so why Eaglehorn? A few reasons.

#1.) Easily findable. It's qlevel 26, can start dropping from chests on Hell 13 and from certain bosses even earlier.

#2.) It's got a decent base, and prefix and suffix both. It's base is a Long Battle Bow (decent max damage), and the +100% damage is like Massive, and the +20 Dex is like of Precision (the second best +Dex modifier that can appear on a bow) AND it is +50% to hit, which means you'll be nailing foes offscreen fairly frequently.

#3.) But best of all, it's indestructible. No worries about bow repairs. no worries about the cash for said bow repairs. And don't think you'll be finding Hidden Shrines for your Single Player bow -- only a few bows have a durability ending in "5" and unless you're playing Hellfire you won't be able to affect that durabity-ending number (Playing Hellfire? Cornerstone of the World, send bow to a warrior, have him fix it using his skill, hope he fixes it to a number ending in five, send it back). And Hidden Shrines have a tendancy to hit the item in your left hand (usually your shield slot), and they'll do that in great preference to other slots. Well, it you are trying to increase your bow's durability, and have that in your hands when you hit the Hidden Shrine, guess what object is going to take the -10 durability hit? The first game, almost a 100% chance it will be the bow. In further games, more like a 1/3 chance. But, then, you'll soon find yourself creating games just to search for Hidden Shrines. Is that what you want to be doing with your time in your Single Player games? Shrine hunting?

Now in MULTI-player games I'd be giving you a different answer. But you did state that you are a Single-Player rogue.

Now a question to you -- why aren't you playing Multi-player?

PS As far as the +Resistance/+damage bows, they'll be more common and findable/buyable. I just don't play them as a preference. I prefer bows that do more-damage-over-time as opposed to +resistance bows.
Nystul, can you clarify here:

". . . since magic becomes the primary damage source anyway."

Are you talking about incoming damage (from Witches and such) or outgoing damage (from CL, FBall, SC, and the like)?

Or both?

Attika
Attika,Apr 13 2005, 12:53 PM Wrote:Nystul, can you clarify here:

". . . since magic becomes the primary damage source anyway."

Are you talking about incoming damage (from Witches and such) or outgoing damage (from CL, FBall, SC, and the like)?
[right][snapback]73815[/snapback][/right]

I meant outgoing damage, especially from CL. Of course, this is dependent on playing style. Many rogues will play almost as a pure archer on the first time through, but end up being more of an archer/mage hybrid as they repeatedly work through nightmare and hell difficulty. The less they rely on archery for damage, the less useful a bow of swiftness would be in comparison to an obsidian (or emerald) bow of heavens.

Of course, if you reach the point where you are *only* killing things with spells, then a Dreamflange would be the weapon of choice. But real rogues only use bows, so that's just crazy talk. :whistling:
Attika,Apr 13 2005, 05:54 PM Wrote:That means you'll HAVE to trudge out to Wirt to check on ONE item and see if a.) it's a bow, b.) it's a bow of a decent base (say, not Short Bow or Hunter's Bow), c.) it has a good prefix (as per above) and d.) it has a good suffix (heavens, thunder, burning).&nbsp; Chances are low everything is going to fall together at exactly the right time.&nbsp; You may spend hours if not days if not WEEKS walking to Wirt, checking what he's selling, and then exiting and creating anew.
[right][snapback]73806[/snapback][/right]
Well -
If it's really singleplayer Diablo that he's playing, then there's always the option to save in front of wirt, buy his item and load the game again. This way, wirt will always offer new stuff.
Cheesy? Absolutely. But the choice is up to him...

Greetings, Fragbait
Quote:You cannot pass... I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. The Dark Flame will not avail you, Flame of Udun. Go back to the shadow. You shall not pass.
- Gandalf, speaking to the Balrog

Quote:Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless, like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash! Be water, my friend...
- Bruce Lee

Quote: There's an old Internet adage which simply states that the first person to resort to personal attacks in an online argument is the loser. Don't be one.
- excerpt from the forum rules

Post content property of Fragbait (member of the lurkerlounge). Do not (hesitate to) quote without permission.
Yes Fragbait. Thats possible. And there is more "other" options than Attika described.

Attika,Apr 13 2005, 04:54 PM Wrote:(Gris WILL sell you a Savage/Heavens bow as soon as you hit clevel 24, and will continue to do so throughout your further leveling.&nbsp; Same with +Resistance/ +damage bows.)
Actually 23 clvl, but trying to buy it with character under 25 is nothing than time waste.

Attika,Apr 13 2005, 04:54 PM Wrote:That means the best way to locate a good bow of Swiftness for you in Single Player will be to hunt it up in the dungeons.&nbsp; Try bosses on 8 and dungeon levels 9-11 in general -- that will be your best chance of locating em.&nbsp; Of course, for every new game you create, you'll be having to fight your way down to Caves via the Church entrance, since all the other entrances are sealed in Single Player until you find them via game play.
Hey this argument is funny. In fact for finding Eaglehorn you have to reach even deeper levels than 9-11. So as argument again Eaglehorn ill repeate your words :-)
"PLUS you realize that in playing Single Player, you must fight your way from the Church entrance to get to deeper levels? I mean, there is NO entrance to Caves or Hell in Single player until you walk through the dungeons and find it"

Attika,Apr 13 2005, 04:54 PM Wrote:So you need more money to buy that bow at Wirts?&nbsp; Start at Church and fight downward until you have enough cash, and pray you don't level up to an even clevel in the meantime so that he refreshes his item for sale.&nbsp; Tedious again.

Finally, there's that problem of money. I'm hoping you know how to change the difficulty setting from Normal to either Nightmare or Hell difficulty even though you are playing Single Player, yes?&nbsp; So more money can drop even in Church, yes?
Well, if he knows how to change difficulty setting in SP, then he cannot afraid of lvlup, because he can collect enough money and then start shopping, right?

Attika,Apr 13 2005, 04:54 PM Wrote:Ok, so why Eaglehorn?&nbsp; A few reasons.

#1.)&nbsp; Easily findable.&nbsp; It's qlevel 26, can start dropping from chests on Hell 13 and from certain bosses even earlier.
Huh, easily findable??? I dont think so....

Attika,Apr 13 2005, 04:54 PM Wrote:#3.)&nbsp; But best of all, it's indestructible.&nbsp; No worries about bow repairs.&nbsp; no worries about the cash for said bow repairs.&nbsp; And don't think you'll be finding Hidden Shrines for your Single Player bow -- only a few bows have a durability ending in "5" and unless you're playing Hellfire you won't be able to affect that durabity-ending number (Playing Hellfire?&nbsp; Cornerstone of the World, send bow to a warrior, have him fix it using his skill, hope he fixes it to a number ending in five, send it back).&nbsp; And Hidden Shrines have a tendancy to hit the item in your left hand (usually your shield slot), and they'll do that in great preference to other slots.&nbsp; Well, it you are trying to increase your bow's durability, and have that in your hands when you hit the Hidden Shrine, guess what object is going to take the -10 durability hit?&nbsp; The first game, almost a 100% chance it will be the bow.&nbsp; In further games, more like a 1/3 chance.&nbsp; But, then, you'll soon find yourself creating games just to search for Hidden Shrines.&nbsp; Is that what you want to be doing with your time in your Single Player games?&nbsp; Shrine hunting?
In SP there is no problem with Shrines, Goat shrines or Cauldrons. Just came in front Goat/Cauldron, save game and touch it. And youll see what happens. Something wrong? Then simply load game :-) Did you touch Eldritch Goat/Cauldron with lot of crap in inventory? Load game back and go to town for all yout potions. Did you touch Hidden? Look what it hit, than load game, put some crap on that place and touch it again. Well, its true, that Hidden likes left hand, but its valid especially for s/s setup. When I searched for CC, my bow end with 190 Dur. Thats not so bad I guess :-) (On multiplayer)
In relation to 0 chance to decrease durability of "good item" in Single player is Hidden shrine very nice thing to find.

Eaglehorn is really nice bow. But say we have 2 rogues who finished game once (clvl 25). First one choose playing again and again and again to find Eaglehorn. Second one will collect some money on higher difficulty (probably lvlup) and start shopping.
IMO, In time when first Rog find Eaglehorn will the second Rog have got +%DMG/Heavens or Obsi/Heavens bow with 250 durability and 3.rd dot. :-)

This my article IN NOT against Eaglehorn neither Attika. I just think that Eaglehorn choice is not as good as Attika describes :)
Thats my point of view.

fariel,Apr 12 2005, 03:38 AM Wrote:i'd like to know your opinion or&nbsp; which bow to use.do you prefer a fast one (like swiftness bow) or a damage one with knockback&nbsp; effect(windforce) or one&nbsp; with resists on&nbsp; it(emerald bow of..)

Well, my choise of bows depends on what I have, and what I'm doing...

Right now my (lvl 42) Rogue has a massive LWB of heavens, a bow of swiftness, and an obsidian bow. If I'm gonna go in blasting CL and FBalls all over the place I use the heavens for the extra manna. If I'm going up against a lot of witches I like to use the obsidian bow (dang, them blood stars hurt eh!) otherwise I use the swiftness bow, which is loads of fun.

Now, I'd like to have "better" bows, but if they don't drop, I don't worry. I'll keep using what I find, and if disaster strikes my character and I have to start over nekkid, welll, that's not too bad 'cause she does substantial damage with a mundane short bow.

Oh, and one last thing: switch to multiplayer, you can run it local you know.

Wood Hoarder, Blade Sharpener, and Occasional Tool User
Sekel, a few responses to yours.

First off,
IF he knows how to change the difficulty setting. IF.... Your advice about shopping works only IF he knows how to change the difficulty setting. And I think it's a good idea too IF fariel knows how to do it AND has a clevel 25> character that he can use to shop. IF....

IF he DOESN'T know how to do this, then his next best bet is to make a new game, re-enter the dungeon, and look for a good bow (such as EH) from a Hell drop or gather cash for multiple shopping trips. I much prefer playing to shopping, and I'll always give advice to that effect.

Secondly,
"In SP there is no problem with Shrines, Goat shrines or Cauldrons. Just came in front Goat/Cauldron, save game and touch it. And youll see what happens. Something wrong? Then simply load game :-) "(your quote)

Sekel, I've been around a long time with the LL, and will tell you that the regs here consider both saving of Single Player games and using them to nullify bad outcomes, AND the use of character backups on disk in Multiplayer for similar reasons are both considered forms of cheating. And that the Lurker Lounge doesn't condone cheating. So, sorry, I'm not willing to suggest this as a possible strategy for fariel to use.

Thirdly,
"Huh, easily findable??? I dont think so...."(your quote again re Eaglehorn)

If you are so willing to "bend the rules" as far as SP Shrines, then Eaglehorn is a breeze to find. Google Henjo's site. Download Doomgaze's Trainer. Download the UniqueItems zipfile. Unzip the file. Use Doomgaze. *Poof* you've got Eaglehorn.

But using a trainer! That's . . . . that's. . . um, as bad a saving SP games to nullify bad outcomes?

To - mA - to.
To - mAH - to.

Just don't do it, nor advise others to do so.

Attika