Struck by nostalgia
After a longer than necessary chat with scrape ;) I found this file in the backwaters of my HDD..

http://mesh.recordingproject.com/mp3/lordofterror.mp3

I hope it still has some historical value.

Hugs and kisses to everyone I remember, and to everyone who remembers me.

- Mesh

P.S. Where can I steal hellfire?
Quote:P.S. Where can I steal hellfire?

You can't, I tried Kazaa and Bearshare [hey, it's abandonware] and found respectively nothing at all and 1 cd image, which was perpetually busy. Ebay may be your only hope.
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
Hellfire can be found on torrents... ;)
Edited.
That line about stealing hellfire was a joke...
Meshuggah,Jul 5 2005, 04:32 AM Wrote:That line about stealing hellfire was a joke...
[right][snapback]82433[/snapback][/right]

Times have changed, eh? :rolleyes: They probably thought you were serious because it is pretty darn difficult to actually *buy* Hellfire anymore. Your song sounds better than ever! Of course, I am listening to it now on an expensive headphone system instead of $15 computer speakers. :)
...28% and then nothing, 2 out of 4 seeds dropped, end of story.
Xukuth...?

Brother Laz,Jul 5 2005, 06:54 AM Wrote:...28% and then nothing, 2 out of 4 seeds dropped, end of story.
Xukuth...?
[right][snapback]82440[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, happened to me too yesterday; didn't get the download finished before the seeds died. Hanging at said amount, gonna keep it up for a few days and see what happens. I'll post here if I actually get finished and can seed.
Yep, the one you linked to went to 28% like a horned demon and then died. The other one I'm downloading seems perhaps incomplete, we'll know when it's finally done. Currently at 4% and downloading at a supersonic speed of 2 Kb/s. :(

If it is a working version, I'll seed it over the weekend and you can grab it from here. If I get it done before the weekend and it doesn't die at 10% [or worse, 98%!], that is. :( My adsl only allows 1 Gb of uploads, but once three or four other people have it, it should take off from there and other people can download it from then.

Reminds me of saving an endangered species. :P

[Edit: wooyeah, speed dropped below 1 Kb/s. Any lower and I may be able to see the bits roll in one by one]

[Edit 2: seeds wiped at 5%]

Edited.
And does it work; it isn't corrupted or anything?

......can you seed it ummm... 24 hours from now? [house rule here: computer off when you're not sitting behind it!]

I just ran Hellfire. Everything seems to work; got the new monk character and such.
Meshuggah,Jul 3 2005, 04:33 AM Wrote:After a longer than necessary chat with scrape ;) I found this file in the backwaters of my HDD..

http://mesh.recordingproject.com/mp3/lordofterror.mp3

I hope it still has some historical value.

Hugs and kisses to everyone I remember, and to everyone who remembers me.

- Mesh
Dude! It's great to see you. :) Drop me a line if you're not too busy, will ya?

And by the way, I still rock out to that tune on a pretty regular basis. \m/
And the days are not full enough
And the nights are not full enough
And life slips by like a field mouse
____________.Not shaking the grass.
-- Ezra Pound, "And the days are not full enough"
I managed to download Hellfire and gave it a try.

Humiliatingly, I died after about 30 seconds. The second monster I killed dropped a rune of fire and of course, I had to try it. I don't know if I stumbled on it myself or was caught in the splash radius, but somehow I managed to blow myself up and die.

There is something weird about scrolls and drops in general. I found exactly one scroll that wasn't search in the first two levels. A side-effect of this was that I was stuck without town portals until level 4. Afterwards, I found exactly 0 search scrolls in the other two levels.

Leoric dropped a freaking staff of elemental. Elemental. On level 3 church. I had invested two level-ups into vit, all others in enr and I was level 7. Yet I didn't have enough mag to use it. It ID'ed as a fine staff of elemental, and sold for €13K at Adria's. Mana shield at level 8, baby!

Adria offered bone spirit at level 15. Sort of unusual to see bone spirit for sale at a point when there are still critters not immune to it. Must be a bug.

Reflect seems to do absolutely nothing useful. It causes hiddens to flee, but otherwise I didn't see anything actually die to it.

The Hive is awful. Looks dreadful, and has a mish-mash of monster types. Psychorbs are bigger than a Balrog and shoot bolts that sound like Protoss death rays and make big fireworks, doing a minuscule amount of damage. The tiny scorpions, on the other hand, do at least as much damage and are much tougher.

But the most shocking aspect about the Hive are the hork spawns. Ph3ar the jumping pumpkins. Also, they died in 1 firebolt. I mean seriously.

Spider lords use the same freaking projectile as acid dogs. At this point Hellfire was starting look like some sort of failed Diablo mod. Then I got to see the necromorbs. I enter level 3, immediate stair trap by spider lords and necromorbs. Killed the spiders with a greater fire rune, then turned to fight the necromorbs. Three bolts; I'm out. I'm like WTF??!

Jarulf's guide says they do 20-20 magic damage on normal. This is twice as much as a psychorb on the level above it, more than a freaking SOUL BURNER does on normal, and even an advocate does 15-25. One level I get to face smiling pumpkins, the next I'm mowed down by what equals to an advocate pack in goat archer's clothes in a wide open level with nowhere to hide.

Currently level 17, farming cats 5 for money to buy new items. No idea what to do about the necromorbs. Any suggestions that don't involve magic resist jewelry would be welcome.

Xukuth: thanks a lot for the advice!
Meshuggath: nice tune! :)

Brother Laz,Jul 3 2005, 05:21 AM Wrote:You can't, I tried Kazaa and Bearshare [hey, it's abandonware] and found respectively nothing at all and 1 cd image, which was perpetually busy. Ebay may be your only hope.
[right][snapback]82333[/snapback][/right]

I'd mail a copy for free. :P I think I have a couple. And at least 4 Diablo CDs. I collect them. :D
Roland *The Gunslinger*
MMAgCh,Jul 6 2005, 02:33 PM Wrote:Dude! It's great to see you. :) Drop me a line if you're not too busy, will ya?

And by the way, I still rock out to that tune on a pretty regular basis. \m/
[right][snapback]82633[/snapback][/right]

Holy #$%&, where the hell did YOU come from? My GODS how long it's been since I've seen your face. Guess I can finally stop wondering what happened to you. Glad to see you're back!

And oh, nice to see you again too, Mesh! :D
Roland *The Gunslinger*
So I guess now the lounge is a forum for pirating software...
Um, if I'd actually ever seen a copy for sale in a software store, I'd have bought it long ago. Kind of hard to buy Hellfire these days, you know.

I'm sure the Lounge does not condone D2 or WoW warez, for example...

Selby,Jul 7 2005, 05:02 PM Wrote:So I guess now the lounge is a forum for pirating software...
[right][snapback]82758[/snapback][/right]

I've been looking for three years. Never have seen a copy of Hellfire in any store.
Copies come up on eBay every now and again.

My point is this has never been tolerated here in the past, why now?