1.6 going to be released
Pesmerga,Jul 12 2005, 11:26 AM Wrote:In which case (until I make my Priest) CTRA goes out the window.

::opens window, defenestrates CTRA::
[right][snapback]83280[/snapback][/right]

Any word on the "tanking" windows? Otherwise that might be premature defenestration. Hunters really need it in some spots, most obviously core hound packs.

I think the great benefit to most people will be that CTRA can become much slimmer, with less info passed back and forth in hidden raid channels. That will probably make it more reliable and less prone to errors. Heres hopin.
oldmandennis,Jul 12 2005, 03:01 PM Wrote:Any word on the "tanking" windows?  Otherwise that might be premature defenestration.  Hunters really need it in some spots, most obviously core hound packs.

I think the great benefit to most people will be that CTRA can become much slimmer, with less info passed back and forth in hidden raid channels.  That will probably make it more reliable and less prone to errors.  Heres hopin.
[right][snapback]83288[/snapback][/right]

::climbs out the window, picks up CTRA, dusts it off, gives it Arethor's cookie::
I am MA most of the time (or at least, used to be) so I never used the tanking windows a whole lot.
Treesh,Jul 12 2005, 12:51 PM Wrote:It's a decent start to a raid UI (better than the nothing it was before), but it still needs a lot of work.
[right][snapback]83268[/snapback][/right]
Any chance you could post a screenie, for those of us still stuck at work?

I know, four hours isn't [b]that]/b] long... :whistling:

Kv
KiloVictor,Jul 12 2005, 03:06 PM Wrote:Any chance you could post a screenie, for those of us still stuck at work?

I know, four hours isn't [b]that]/b] long...  :whistling:

Kv
[right][snapback]83291[/snapback][/right]

I concur, Lurker Lounge is the only thing that gets me through my work day.
oldmandennis,Jul 12 2005, 03:01 PM Wrote:Any word on the "tanking" windows?  Otherwise that might be premature defenestration.  Hunters really need it in some spots, most obviously core hound packs.
[right][snapback]83288[/snapback][/right]
I just have a macro with /assist <main assist> and /target <tank> and change the names for whatever raid I'm on. It's just as easy as clicking on the windows for me. :) Also allows me to use the keyboard shortcuts for when the graphics are lagging and my mouse pointer seems to have gone AWOL. (It's always still there, I just sometimes lose track of it.) Of course, the windows are a nice graphical representation letting you know that yes, they actually have something targeted, but the macros function well.
Intolerant monkey.
KiloVictor,Jul 12 2005, 03:06 PM Wrote:Any chance you could post a screenie, for those of us still stuck at work?

I know, four hours isn't [b]that]/b] long...&nbsp; :whistling:

Kv
[right][snapback]83291[/snapback][/right]
Lemme snag one for you. Be warned though, I have my UI scaling turned down so things are going to look a lot tinier than what you may be used to.

Edit: Got two for you. One is at my usual UI scaling and one is at the UI scaling of one so you can see it better. It was just a quick and dirty thing. I turned on show buffs since none of us were debuffed at the time. :)
Intolerant monkey.
The Imp phase shift bug they introduced on the Test Realms wasn't fixed. Dark Pack warlocks got royally screwed over by this patch. Why this well known bug wasn't fixed is a mystery to me.

Chris
Icebird,Jul 12 2005, 05:40 PM Wrote:The Imp phase shift bug they introduced on the Test Realms wasn't fixed. Dark Pack warlocks got royally screwed over by this patch. Why this well known bug wasn't fixed is a mystery to me.

Chris
[right][snapback]83303[/snapback][/right]

Wow, this is worse than letting the Rogue self-damage bug slip through. Only because that skill was rarely used, though.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Pesmerga,Jul 12 2005, 12:03 PM Wrote:::climbs out the window, picks up CTRA, dusts it off, gives it Arethor's cookie::
I am MA most of the time (or at least, used to be) so I never used the tanking windows a whole lot.
[right][snapback]83290[/snapback][/right]

Well, have you fought "Core hound packs" in the Molten Core? In case you don't know, they are packs of 5 overgrown poochs. The kicker is that once one goes down, you have only like 15 seconds to make the rest go down, or else the living ones reignite the dead ones corpse, and it comes back with full health.

CTRA is almost manditory for this encounter, because the DPS types need to be able to easily see the health of all 5 hounds to make sure they are going down evenly.

For healers, it is nice but not manditory to have the "target's target" area of the tank window up. That way you can see who will be hit, and start your healing before the damage comes in. Also for hunters and rogues, I would think I would want that up, so I could hit FD or vanish if my name showed up as a "target's target".
Icebird,Jul 12 2005, 05:40 PM Wrote:The Imp phase shift bug they introduced on the Test Realms wasn't fixed. Dark Pack warlocks got royally screwed over by this patch. Why this well known bug wasn't fixed is a mystery to me.

Chris
[right][snapback]83303[/snapback][/right]
looks like mages got screwed too with the pollymorph bug that was noticed on test servers and patched into the game anyway. dont want to visit that forum either.