1.6 going to be released
Post by Fangtooth letting us know that 1.6 will be released during tomorrow's maintenance. Maintenance will last an extra 2 hours because of it. Woo! Goodbye CTRA! :w00t:
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Jul 11 2005, 09:13 PM Wrote:Post by Fangtooth letting us know that 1.6 will be released during tomorrow's maintenance.  Maintenance will last an extra 2 hours because of it.  Woo!  Goodbye CTRA!  :w00t:
[right][snapback]83155[/snapback][/right]

If someone finds the patch online so I can download it at work tomorrow rather than at home on this hellish dial-up, I would appreciate a link :)
For all those that despise the Blizzard Downloader.
Lovingly downloaded by Arethor, hosted by Darian and the CA crew.

Clicky!!

For once i got an amazing transfer rate on the downloader got the whole thing in 9 minutes.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
Treesh,Jul 11 2005, 10:13 PM Wrote:Post by Fangtooth letting us know that 1.6 will be released during tomorrow's maintenance.  Maintenance will last an extra 2 hours because of it.  Woo!  Goodbye CTRA!  :w00t:
[right][snapback]83155[/snapback][/right]

Yay! Free respec!
Arethor,Jul 12 2005, 08:03 AM Wrote:For all those that despise the Blizzard Downloader.

Clicky!!

For once i got an amazing transfer rate on the downloader got the whole thing in 9 minutes.
[right][snapback]83186[/snapback][/right]

Arethor is the coolest!

::gives Arethor a button::
Pesmerga,Jul 12 2005, 09:14 AM Wrote:Arethor is the coolest!

::gives Arethor a button::
[right][snapback]83189[/snapback][/right]

What? no cookie? :(

Arethor,Jul 12 2005, 08:18 AM Wrote:What? no cookie?  :(
[right][snapback]83191[/snapback][/right]

The only cookies I have available are stale. And made from recycled dentist equipment.
Pesmerga,Jul 12 2005, 09:28 AM Wrote:The only cookies I have available are stale.  And made from recycled dentist equipment.
[right][snapback]83193[/snapback][/right]

I'll settle for the button then :lol:

Arethor,Jul 12 2005, 08:03 AM Wrote:For all those that despise the Blizzard Downloader.

Clicky!!

I guess that means I don't need to finish the upload to my webspace on the Uni server. Though with how close to having it there I am I'll let it finish anyway. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I'd rather Blizzard fix all the myriad bugs and other problems introduced with previous patches before releasing another content patch.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Arethor,Jul 12 2005, 08:18 AM Wrote:What? no cookie?  :(
[right][snapback]83191[/snapback][/right]
You can have mine. :lol:

sessioncookie
7afc083052368d8209a6c43ec62d8dce
www.lurkerlounge.com/
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Tal,Jul 12 2005, 07:06 AM Wrote:Yay! Free respec!
[right][snapback]83188[/snapback][/right]

"Free" respec you mean. More like mandatory respec. I heard they are just giving warriors and warlocks all their talent points back, so they have to respec immediately, and have to re-buy additional ranks of any talent-gained skills. If this is indeed the case, I don't wanna visit the warrior/warlock forums any time soon... :)
Xanthix,Jul 12 2005, 12:29 PM Wrote:"Free" respec you mean. More like mandatory respec. I heard they are just giving warriors and warlocks all their talent points back, so they have to respec immediately, and have to re-buy additional ranks of any talent-gained skills. If this is indeed the case, I don't wanna visit the warrior/warlock forums any time soon... :)
[right][snapback]83250[/snapback][/right]

True it is mandatory but some of us have played with our talents enough that it was the cost of visiting the talent wiper that froze our blood more than buying ranks of skills. ;)
Arethor,Jul 12 2005, 06:03 AM Wrote:For all those that despise the Blizzard Downloader.

Clicky!!

/bow
/thanks
/hug
/kiss
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
Thank Darian, he's the one that's given me some free space to host some videos i've captured and some other things i've found that would be useful for people. I just got lucky with my download rate this morning (would you belive over 300k/s? :o ) so I felt it my duty to share my luck as I know many (myself included) despise the downloader.

The default raid UI won't replace CTRA for most folks. It is for me, but that's because I want to run as few add ons as possible.

Pets don't show (which is what I expected, but secretly hoped pets would). You can either display four buffs or four debuffs for a group/class, not both at once. Party frame can't be hidden when in a raid. You can't decide what buffs or debuffs you want to see. There was something else I was going to mention, but can't remember. :) Oh, the background doesn't change to reflect debuffs like CTRA does so you really can't see both buffs and debuffs at the same time.

That being said, I'm still ditching CTRA. I can still fear ward adequately without showing the buffs though. I'll just do what I was doing on the Baron run last night - hit the melee characters, if I see a pet get feared, time to rebuff the meleers. ;) Actually, it's not that much guess work. Usually the fear ward gets put on early enough that the buff will show if I target them. If it was there on the list, but isn't now, that means it's gone. Now, if they had so many buffs on them that it wouldn't show the fear ward in the first place, then I have to ask them or play the guessing game.

It's a decent start to a raid UI (better than the nothing it was before), but it still needs a lot of work.
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Jul 12 2005, 02:51 PM Wrote:The default raid UI won't replace CTRA for most folks.  It is for me, but that's because I want to run as few add ons as possible.
[snip]
It's a decent start to a raid UI (better than the nothing it was before), but it still needs a lot of work.
[right][snapback]83268[/snapback][/right]

This was kinda my suspicion. I have a feeling i'll still use CTRA just for the familiarity until they improve a few things in the default. Granted it's not really even a necessity for me, but I like to know the status of a raid group so I know if it's time for me to fight, or time for me to kite.

Arethor,Jul 12 2005, 02:00 PM Wrote:This was kinda my suspicion.  I have a feeling i'll still use CTRA just for the familiarity until they improve a few things in the default.  Granted it's not really even a necessity for me, but I like to know the status of a raid group so I know if it's time for me to fight, or time for me to kite.
[right][snapback]83270[/snapback][/right]

It's funny, I feel as if I need to use CTRA the least, however, I enjoy knowing who died before me, how everyone is doing on health, and the overall feel of the raid (for example, I didnt know how many of us died last night when Onyxia used that breath attack)
Pesmerga,Jul 12 2005, 02:11 PM Wrote:It's funny, I feel as if I need to use CTRA the least, however, I enjoy knowing who died before me, how everyone is doing on health, and the overall feel of the raid (for example, I didnt know how many of us died last night when Onyxia used that breath attack)
[right][snapback]83274[/snapback][/right]
The default raid UI will be just fine for that. I forgot to check to see if it does silly things when hunters feign death though. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Jul 12 2005, 02:21 PM Wrote:The default raid UI will be just fine for that.  I forgot to check to see if it does silly things when hunters feign death though. ;)
[right][snapback]83276[/snapback][/right]

In which case (until I make my Priest) CTRA goes out the window.

::opens window, defenestrates CTRA::