1.7 Patch Bug List
Ranged weapons seem to be able to be fired every second regardless of weapon speed on the third and later shots of a weapon.

Supposedly Rogues are capable outdamaging hunters at range with the bug.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Sep 22 2005, 02:10 AM Wrote:Ranged weapons seem to be able to be fired every second regardless of weapon speed on the third and later shots of a weapon.

Supposedly Rogues are capable outdamaging hunters at range with the bug.
[right][snapback]89903[/snapback][/right]

*chuckle*

Mirajj and I have actually run the numbers instead of just assuming this, and Mirajj was beating me without using special attacks.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quark,Sep 22 2005, 01:27 PM Wrote:*chuckle*

Mirajj and I  have actually run the numbers instead of just assuming this, and Mirajj was beating me without using special attacks.
[right][snapback]89916[/snapback][/right]

...whereas a rogue (not sure which bow he was using) and a hunter (using Rokh'delar) in the same guild as me tried this out, and the rogue won pretty comfortably. :)

YMMV.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Quark,Sep 22 2005, 06:27 AM Wrote:*chuckle*

Mirajj and I  have actually run the numbers instead of just assuming this, and Mirajj was beating me without using special attacks.
[right][snapback]89916[/snapback][/right]

Run the numbers again when the rogue is using a 3.3 speed crossbow. The rogue gets the same AP and crit% from agility, so assuming both have similar agility, the rogue should be way ahead since he will be firing a 3.3 speed weapon ever second, tripling his damage potential, but the hunter is on autoshoot and is limited to the full weapon speed.

If this is true, a rogue should be around 2.5-3x damage without the hunter using special abilities (aside from the passive boost from talents)

I've read of rogues seeing 250+ DPS on Shazzrah just machine-gunning crossbow arrows at him. I don't think hunters are capable of that kind of damage without using skills.

Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.