1.7 Patch Bug List
I'm starting a 1.7 patch bug list here, because I've immediately discovered one right after patching from 1.6.1 to 1.7:

The Big Voodoo Robe on both Druids of mine had their durability set to zero (of 85) after logging on to these chars right after the patch application. A full repair was required. I'm puzzled how such a bug can appear exactly on that item.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Aye , best start this list off in the "Gnomeregan" forum , no bugs just yet , ears are bleeding from all the whining about the patch though :P
Take care
A few items in previous patches simply had no durability, including your Big Voodoo Robe, so you never had to repair it in the first place. The fixed the items and added durability... And I guess decided that you should pay at least something to make up for all the money you saved by not having to repair it =)
lemekim,Sep 14 2005, 02:39 PM Wrote:A few items in previous patches simply had no durability, including your Big Voodoo Robe, so you never had to repair it in the first place. The fixed the items and added durability... And I guess decided that you should pay at least something to make up for all the money you saved by not having to repair it =)
[right][snapback]89189[/snapback][/right]
American economy, I guess ;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
nobbie,Sep 14 2005, 11:12 AM Wrote:American economy, I guess ;)
[right][snapback]89197[/snapback][/right]

Polychromatic Visionwrap was the same way.
Mages can now engage from any conceivable range with line-of-sight. Simply start an Arcane Missiles cast on a target within thirty yards, and then change targets to another mob. Missiles will begin to fire on the second target regardless of how far it is from you.
nobbie,Sep 14 2005, 09:53 AM Wrote:I'm starting a 1.7 patch bug list here, because I've immediately discovered one right after patching from 1.6.1 to 1.7:

The Big Voodoo Robe on both Druids of mine had their durability set to zero (of 85) after logging on to these chars right after the patch application. A full repair was required. I'm puzzled how such a bug can appear exactly on that item.
[right][snapback]89186[/snapback][/right]

Moved to Gnomeregan - 'ware the leper gnomes!
Skandranon,Sep 14 2005, 01:07 PM Wrote:Mages can now engage from any conceivable range with line-of-sight.  Simply start an Arcane Missiles cast on a target within thirty yards, and then change targets to another mob.  Missiles will begin to fire on the second target regardless of how far it is from you.
[right][snapback]89238[/snapback][/right]
Wow! I found another bug with arcane missiles, but I don't know if it is in CTMod or the default UI because I am so used to running mods that I don't remember what out of the box looks like. The bug is that the icon does not indicate when you are out of range. The worst part of that is that it is usually my range finder. I use it when backing out to max range for frostbolts but, more importantly, I use it to back out of fear range on Magmadar. Hmm, now that I think about it, I don't think I had CT on the test server and it wasn't working right there either.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
nobbie,Sep 14 2005, 07:53 AM Wrote:I'm starting a 1.7 patch bug list here, because I've immediately discovered one right after patching from 1.6.1 to 1.7:

[right][snapback]89186[/snapback][/right]

The same happened to the Cenarion Vestments. They "fixed" a bug, in that there wasn't any durability listed on the item at all. So they added a possible durability, but didn't update current durability. Upon logging in, I was greeted with a 2g repair bill. Smooth.
See you in Town,
-Z
Wyvern sting poison persists after death and resurrection (PvP). The sleep is dispelled at FD in PVE, but the poison effect persists.

It has a long cooldown so there is little chance to exploit by sting, FD, sting.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

There also seem to be an issue with hunter's using eye of the beast to aggro mobs with their pets. We had it yesterday when pulling Geddon in MC, the hunter would send his pet, pet would die and nothing else happened. Aggro lost. Bug or feature, who can say.
redinter,Sep 16 2005, 04:26 AM Wrote:There also seem to be an issue with hunter's using eye of the beast to aggro mobs with their pets. We had it yesterday when pulling Geddon in MC, the hunter would send his pet, pet would die and nothing else happened. Aggro lost. Bug or feature, who can say.
[right][snapback]89404[/snapback][/right]

One of these entries from the patch notes might be the root cause on this happening.

- Possessed units (e.g. Mind Control, Eyes of the Beast etc...) can now
cancel combat mode by clearing your current target. In addition, the
UI will have a gold border when the possessed unit is actively in
combat mode with the target.

- Casting spells on your pets and summons will no longer cause guards
in neutral towns to attack you.

I favor the first one as the one causing this.
Ruvanal,Sep 16 2005, 11:24 AM Wrote:One of these entries from the patch notes might be the root cause on this happening.

- Possessed units (e.g. Mind Control, Eyes of the Beast etc...) can now
  cancel combat mode by clearing your current target. In addition, the
  UI will have a gold border when the possessed unit is actively in
  combat mode with the target.

- Casting spells on your pets and summons will no longer cause guards
  in neutral towns to attack you.

I favor the first one as the one causing this.
[right][snapback]89406[/snapback][/right]

hmm, So it may be a feature, so that the pets act similar to an eye of Kilrogg. If they die while scouting, no aggro will be gotten.
redinter,Sep 16 2005, 03:26 AM Wrote:There also seem to be an issue with hunter's using eye of the beast to aggro mobs with their pets. We had it yesterday when pulling Geddon in MC, the hunter would send his pet, pet would die and nothing else happened. Aggro lost. Bug or feature, who can say.
[right][snapback]89404[/snapback][/right]

I couldn't find it in the patch notes, but this was one that had (has) most of the hunters irked. Pet aggro no longer transfers to the Hunter on the pets death. So you can no longer do long "death pulls" of Geddon and Shazzrah. You now have to figure something else out. Check out the Carpe Aurum boards for Avarice members thoughts on the 'new' pulls.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
We had to use a hunter and a rogue helping each other to get Geddon to come out and play. :) It's really been made more difficult.
Here's one that I've been having that bothers me a bit. Not sure if it's from a mod I'm running though I kind of doubt it is.

When you refresh a buff that is on its last 30 seconds (and so has started blinking), sometimes the buff listed up near your minimap will not refresh its graphic correctly for a while and will retain its faded look (though no longer blinking) instead of being fully lit up.
-TheDragoon
TheDragoon,Sep 18 2005, 10:00 AM Wrote:Here's one that I've been having that bothers me a bit.  Not sure if it's from a mod I'm running though I kind of doubt it is.

When you refresh a buff that is on its last 30 seconds (and so has started blinking), sometimes the buff listed up near your minimap will not refresh its graphic correctly for a while and will retain its faded look (though no longer blinking) instead of being fully lit up.
[right][snapback]89551[/snapback][/right]
It's been around since before this last patch. I notice it a lot with the pally blessings and the weapon enhancements on my shaman.
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Sep 18 2005, 04:30 PM Wrote:It's been around since before this last patch.  I notice it a lot with the pally blessings and the weapon enhancements on my shaman.
[right][snapback]89566[/snapback][/right]

Aye, I first noticed it when the itembuff icons went up, so it's been in since 1.4 or prior.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Weapon buffs are intentionally transparent.
Buffs like MotW/AI are not, but can be made to be by recasting when they are fading out in their final 30 seconds. I don't know if this is a new bug in 1.7, but don't get it confused with shaman weapon buffs/poisons, etc.
Wogan,Sep 21 2005, 12:35 AM Wrote:Weapon buffs are intentionally transparent.
Buffs like MotW/AI are not, but can be made to be by recasting when they are fading out in their final 30 seconds. I don't know if this is a new bug in 1.7, but don't get it confused with shaman weapon buffs/poisons, etc.
[right][snapback]89796[/snapback][/right]

Nope. Item Buffs have an intentional colored border, the transparency only happens due to the bug.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!