Terenas Friday 12/23
RECAP:

DM West was successful, but the drops were mostly leather and no leather wearers :(

The main point, however, was achieved!

[Image: felsteed.jpg]

Octord got his epic mount, and it was a fun time doing it.

DM West also proved to be quite short, and should prove a profitable loot run in the future.

A lot of farming of Tendris yielded half a dozen Stoneflower Staves, more than enough for Yuri and Octord. Finally, with our last attempt, he dropped Warpwood Binding for Gorkuk.

Necrali got Green Winter Hat from the Prince. Durambar got Fel Hardened Bracers from the Felsteed's master, which barring epics I believe are irreplaceable tanking bracers.

Flash and Conc were in Alterac Valley all night -- I hope they were able to win the match.

For myself, the list of places I have not five manned now is shrinking. I still have not completed Scarlet Strat, or done Undead Strat as a five man. The last place is Dire Maul North, which I'd like to tackle soon (both kill runs and tribute runs).
vor_lord,Dec 24 2005, 02:49 PM Wrote:DM West was successful, but the drops were mostly leather and no leather wearers :(
Leather! And I missed it!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
vor_lord,Dec 24 2005, 11:49 AM Wrote:Flash and Conc were in Alterac Valley all night -- I hope they were able to win the match.

For myself, the list of places I have not five manned now is shrinking.  I still have not completed Scarlet Strat, or done Undead Strat as a five man.  The last place is Dire Maul North, which I'd like to tackle soon (both kill runs and tribute runs).
[right][snapback]97979[/snapback][/right]

AV was not a horde win.

While we had a press on the base they sent out about 7 people to cap the southern GYs. We capped the two towers, but were unable to get the GY in the middle of their base. With an unsuccessful press, they were able to get out their NPC riders that gave them enough to press the GY right outside their base, and pushed us WAY back.

As soon as we lost that point, about 20 people decided it was too late. (though it wasn't too late when we were winning) and it was difficult to do much with numbers like 36 vs. 18.

I still consider it a personal victory, as I got about 2500 rep, enough to push into honored. Spoils include:
Insignia Rank 3
Frostwolf Plate Belt
Frostwolf Legionnaire's Cloak
and
Frostwolf Legionnaire's Pendant

And I am about 1/4 of the way to the epic rewards. So I should get there sometime in the next 9 months =P

Interesting question about the girdle. Since it costs ~4G + some change, and is a 55 required blue, you'd expect it to DE into a large brilliant shard, which should sell for 5G+. I wonder if you can't DE these rewards, since you can purchase as many as you want. I wouldn't know since Conc is not an enchanter, but it would seem to be a loophole in the system if that were the case.

As for 5 mans, I read somewhere that UBRS through Rend was supposedly designed as 5-man, and past him to Drak was the only part designed as 10 man.

I have still not done the following 5 man:
Past Lyceum in BRD
Strat (any)
DM North & West
LBRS
UBRS through Rend
Darrowshire event in EP
Onyixia key questline, which is mostly 5 man content

Which is quite a substantial list.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Dec 24 2005, 03:41 PM Wrote:Interesting question about the girdle.  Since it costs ~4G + some change, and is a 55 required blue, you'd expect it to DE into a large brilliant shard, which should sell for 5G+.  I wonder if you can't DE these rewards, since you can purchase as many as you want.  I wouldn't know since Conc is not an enchanter, but it would seem to be a loophole in the system if that were the case.

The market recently for large brilliants has not been good. They've been going for only 5g for a couple of weeks (I used to get 8 or 9). So it's not really a money making proposition right now. I DE'd my Bonecrusher, which was a poor choice given how it sells for more than 6 to the vendor. At any rate, this isn't a sure-fire money maker even should you get a large brilliant shard.

Quote:As for 5 mans, I read somewhere that UBRS through Rend was supposedly designed as 5-man, and past him to Drak was the only part designed as 10 man.

I have still not done the following 5 man:
Past Lyceum in BRD
Strat (any)
DM North & West
LBRS
UBRS through Rend
Darrowshire event in EP
Onyixia key questline, which is mostly 5 man content

Which is quite a substantial list.
[right][snapback]97985[/snapback][/right]

Hmm, you've reminded me of a couple details such as the Emperor in BRD. My list would be the same as yours minus LBRS and DM West (and I've not 5 manned Urok Doomhowl in LBRS either). I would like to do the Darrowshire event, I'm partway through it and need to go into Hearthglen.
VoiceMan,Dec 23 2005, 11:09 AM Wrote:Hehehehe.......I haven't seen Bret since he was a kid, but I do remember Steve.  I saw Shane in 1998 at our 10 year high school reunion, and I was surprised at how much Shane had grown, and looked like Steve.  When we graduated high school, Shane was rather scrawny and not terribly tall, but he was huge ten years later.  Must be 6 foot 5 now.
[right][snapback]97907[/snapback][/right]

Well, Shane doesn't look that much like Steve IMO, he looks more like one of his uncles (Steve's brothers) than Steve. Now Bret, he's a spitting image of Steve.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
AV Monday was a win.

They added a reward item for 1H users:
Cold Forged Hammer
Decent damage for 1H melee, and stats meant for a caster.

Just for reference on rep, I spent about 5 or 6 hours in the game Friday and about 5 hours today, and rep increase was around 4800 in total (1 win / 1 loss + 1 game I got into about 10 minutes before a loss). That took me to ~1/3 through honored.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Concillian,Dec 27 2005, 05:39 AM Wrote:AV Monday was a win.

They added a reward item for 1H users:
Cold Forged Hammer
Decent damage for 1H melee, and stats meant for a caster.

Just for reference on rep, I spent about 5 or 6 hours in the game Friday and about 5 hours today, and rep increase was around 4800 in total (1 win / 1 loss + 1 game I got into about 10 minutes before a loss).  That took me to ~1/3 through honored.
[right][snapback]98068[/snapback][/right]

I spent some time in AV Sunday night. The Horde was getting destroyed (39 to 26 makes it tough, but when you have no organization it makes it impossible to even put up a fight). I'd like to try a Lurkers group in there some time, as a healing priest really needs some organization to be effective. Had the most fun mana burning paladins and watching them try to run away. It just bugs me that everyone leaves paladins alone for the most part. Hey guys! You want to know WHY that warrior won't die?

Durambar and I completed prep for the Darrowshire event.
vor_lord,Dec 27 2005, 10:45 AM Wrote:Had the most fun mana burning paladins and watching them try to run away.  It just bugs me that everyone leaves paladins alone for the most part.  Hey guys!  You want to know WHY that warrior won't die?
[right][snapback]98074[/snapback][/right]

And every spell a paladin has is holy. You hit them casting anything and since most interrupts are 6 seconds, you shut down pretty much everything they can do for 6 seconds. That includes casting the bubble. Leaving a paladin alone is stupid because they are not hard to counter, oh and that kick or shield bash, or counterspell or shadow priest silence will work when they are in the bubble too so you take a 12 second bubble and just took half the time they had to do anything useful (50% slower attack speeds on pathetic melee DPS isn't much of anything) away. I play a L60 paladin but I'm tired of the ignorance on how to deal with them. Maybe that is because they nerfed us because of that ignorance. I don't know.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Dec 27 2005, 11:09 AM Wrote:And every spell a paladin has is holy.  You hit them casting anything and since most interrupts are 6 seconds, you shut down pretty much everything they can do for 6 seconds.  That includes casting the bubble. 
[right][snapback]98075[/snapback][/right]

Unless something has changed in 1.9 you can bubble out of everything.
Tal,Dec 27 2005, 09:23 AM Wrote:Unless something has changed in 1.9 you can bubble out of everything.
[right][snapback]98077[/snapback][/right]

I believe it was 1.4 that made the bubble be castable when polymorphed and silenced etc. As it stands the only thing that stop a paladin from casting the bubble (well, other than cooldown) is complete lack of mana. 110 mana isn't much, but when mana burned to 0 mana.... ;)
Tal,Dec 27 2005, 11:23 AM Wrote:Unless something has changed in 1.9 you can bubble out of everything.
[right][snapback]98077[/snapback][/right]

Hmm I'll have to double check. I'm pretty sure a mob shield bash on the PTR stopped me from using the bubble though.
---
Quote:Just for reference on rep, I spent about 5 or 6 hours in the game Friday and about 5 hours today, and rep increase was around 4800 in total (1 win / 1 loss + 1 game I got into about 10 minutes before a loss).  That took me to ~1/3 through honored.
[right][snapback]98068[/snapback][/right]

That's what I like, is the rep movement. Fazuul is now 50, and just about halfway to 51. I expect to take him to AV at 51, or at least 52 if I can get him there before the weekend. I expect to get pounded, and not be much good other than healing some teammates at times, but hopefully I can get a start on the rep building, and continue levelling him through the week. :)
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Wow...I haven't seen Bret since he was a kid. Heh....man....this thread has got me thinking about things and people I hadn't thought about for years. :)

Interesting...with you graduating in 89, it makes me wonder if we ran into each other at some point. My mom worked at Omak High for Mr. Carroll in the music department when I was in school....but I think that was before your time I'm guessing. But, I did make a few trips over to Omak High to sing, etc. and did meet alot of people.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Gnollguy,Dec 27 2005, 08:09 AM Wrote:Leaving a paladin alone is stupid because they are not hard to counter, oh and that kick or shield bash, or counterspell or shadow priest silence will work when they are in the bubble too so you take a 12 second bubble and just took half the time they had to do anything useful (50% slower attack speeds on pathetic melee DPS isn't much of anything) away.&nbsp; [right][snapback]98075[/snapback][/right]

Shield slam and Pummel do not work through the bubble in my experience
Concillian,Dec 27 2005, 04:41 PM Wrote:Shield slam and Pummel do not work through the bubble in my experience
[right][snapback]98099[/snapback][/right]

Hmm then what are all these people doing to poor Balador to stop him? I guess I have to pay more attention. I just know that I get silenced all the time.
---