Terenas Friday, February 3
My apologies to VorLord who usually posts our weekly Who's Coming Friday night thread. I felt I needed to get this show on the road.

This coming Friday we have been invited to raid with 2 different guilds. UBRS will be the target of both raids. Diesirae, the Synergy guild officer we did Scholo with last Friday, asked me how many we could bring. I said we might be able to bring 2-7 people; I had been thinking that we would probably bring 7 or 8 to raid with the Lost Souls. Kindly post whether you are coming as soon as you can, because this will be a lot to coordinate. The advantages to our guild are twofold.

1. Assuming that everyone is playing on Friday night, this way nobody will get left out, as we should have plenty of slots.

2. We will have more folks to call on in the future for the areas requiring larger numbers.

Rogoll will be there.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Here's the list. No preference column this week given the events ;)

Code:
Lurker                Character(s)           Coming?       ETA
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alram        Rogoll       (60 Rogue)        Yes         3:00-4:00
bonemage     Durambar     (60 Warrior)      Yes         7:00-7:30
Concillian   Conc         (60 Warrior)      Yes         8:30
Gnollguy     Marntruehorn (60 Hunter)       Yes         Whenever
khgerg       Octord       (60 Warlock)      Yes         8:00
gantor       Kosch        (57 Shaman)       ?
PapaSmurf    Dunar        (56 Druid)        ?
swirly       swirlytracks (60 Hunter)       Maybe Late
Treesh       Mogoraindyn  (60 Shaman)       Yes         Whenever
VoiceMan     Fazuul       (60 Druid)        Yes         6:00
vor_lord     Necrali      (60 Priest)       Yes         8:00
Urza-DSF     Jandrey      (57 Warrior)      ?
Xame         Yuri         (60 Mage)         Yes         8:30
Xarhud       Klaus        (53 Priest)       Yes
Mogo is there with the key. :) Well, if I make a quick run in there on Wed or Thurs to actually turn it in. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
I will be there this Friday, ready to put my best foot forward for our new friends. We do need to try to address the voice communication thing. vor_lord and I have tinkered with Vent trying to get it to work under linux, but no success. Otherwise I'm looking forward to trying things out, and hopefully getting into ZG soon...

Edit: ETA 7:00-7:30PM
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
It occurred to me that it might be helpful for purposes of coordination if everyone would also post the approximate time they will be able to begin play on Friday. I will likely be logging on around 3 or 4 PM.
Alram,Jan 31 2006, 08:36 AM Wrote:It occurred to me that it might be helpful for purposes of coordination  if everyone would also post the approximate time they will be able to begin play on Friday.  I will likely be logging on around 3 or 4 PM.
[right][snapback]100616[/snapback][/right]

Added an ETA column to the list.
I'll be there and I'll be there as soon as Treesh wants to start playing there.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Alram,Jan 31 2006, 09:36 AM Wrote:It occurred to me that it might be helpful for purposes of coordination  if everyone would also post the approximate time they will be able to begin play on Friday.  I will likely be logging on around 3 or 4 PM.
[right][snapback]100616[/snapback][/right]
I'll probably be on for most of the day. :D
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Jan 31 2006, 11:07 AM Wrote:I'll probably be on for most of the day.  :D
[right][snapback]100623[/snapback][/right]

My shammy's not old enough to raid yet, so I don't know if I'll be there or not...I may be hunting for a shield, don't know yet
--Mav
Fazuul will be there, to the very best of my knowledge. I expect to be there no later than 6 pm server time. I hope to create enough space on my person to carry both healing and DPS gear.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Mavfin,Jan 31 2006, 10:11 AM Wrote:My shammy's not old enough to raid yet, so I don't know if I'll be there or not...I may be hunting for a shield, don't know yet
[right][snapback]100629[/snapback][/right]

I'll stick you on the list as soon as she hits 50. It'd be nice to have you that's for sure.
I will be there at 8:30 server time... maybe 8, but don't count on it.

If there is any idea of which of the two groups has the better geared main tank, I should probably go with that group since I am not a particularly well geared MT, at least until I get the ET legs (trying to get BS up, then I can make them). With no real tanking chest or Legs, Conc is a little lacking in that department.

I would strongly prefer to play Conc in this group for no other reason than I am most familiar with the warrior at this time and wouldn't want to have some noob mistakes because I haven't played a different char as much lately.

I can, however, park Lianne in Kargath or near the BRS entrance to make for quick summons. Though I'll probably be on e of the later people there anyway.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Octord will be there ate 8:00pm server time.
<span style="color:orange">Doomhammer:
Melis -- 60 NE Druid
<span style="color:orange">Terenas:
Octord -- 70 U Warlock
Forgar -- 70 T Druid
Loregar -- 69 BE Hunter
Selyn -- 61 U Mage
Kevas -- 35 TR Shaman
Darklurker -- 24 U Priest
Ratoo -- 17 TR Priest

[Image: 738014xuSdJ.png]
Concillian,Jan 31 2006, 06:02 PM Wrote:If there is any idea of which of the two groups has the better geared main tank, I should probably go with that group since I am not a particularly well geared MT, at least until I get the ET legs&nbsp; (trying to get BS up, then I can make them).&nbsp; With no real tanking chest or Legs, Conc is a little lacking in that department.

I would strongly prefer to play Conc in this group for no other reason than I am most familiar with the warrior at this time and wouldn't want to have some noob mistakes because I haven't played a different char as much lately.
[right][snapback]100691[/snapback][/right]
I had a brief chat with Olan (Guild Master) of Lost Souls tonight. They have 5 level 60 players that are commited to coming this Friday. Hunter, shaman, warrior, druid, errr... warlock? It was a balanced 5 man party. Finalscore (Olan's husband) was asking questions, and he is their main tank. He is fairly new to tanking as a warrior, and is looking for feedback. I said I would probably be going with them, and would be happy to discuss tactics, and I'm also hoping to get some talents and gear information to him before then, as he was contimplating a protection respec. We'll need 5-7 lurkers to join this raid. It was a pleasant conversation, and they even have their own Concillian, a player with 3,242,897,234,324.3 capped toons on one realm.

The main reason I expected to be part of the group that goes with the Lost Souls was because we already knew that Synergy has Diesirae, who is a good tank with gear that is much better than my own, making Conc a complimentary warrior to him (as he and I are to each other). This should match up perfectly with Concillian's request to not MT but to play the warrior. That should put Conc with the best equipped tank of the 3 guilds. We still don't know how many Synergy is bringing, but they can likely fill their own UBRS roster, so we probably only need to provide 2-3 players.
How many are needed to run UBRS successfully to the end?

If we put 6 with Lost Souls and 4 with Synergy would that work? Assuming of course that 10 of us sign on. Or 5 and 5? It would be nice if we had more than 2 Lurkers in a party if possible.
Alram,Feb 1 2006, 01:32 AM Wrote:How many are needed to run UBRS successfully to the end?

If we put 6 with Lost Souls and 4 with Synergy would that work? Assuming of course that 10 of us sign on. Or 5 and 5? It would be nice if we had more than 2 Lurkers in a party if possible.
[right][snapback]100713[/snapback][/right]

It depends on the group and the gear. 10 people in blues and greens can easily get to General Drakk, but if it isn't the right 10 people he can be difficult to defeat and I've seen prepared groups of 15 wipe to him as well.

I would not attempt Drakk with less than 10 people in the type of gearing we've got, especially if they are not familar with the encounter and know what to expect and how conflag works.

You want at least 3 people that can hold aggro decently and at least 3 healers to really make things smooth.

I personally think that one good warrior can hold both his guards but many groups like to fear them or kite Drakk (which I think is pretty cheesy) or tank them both. I rarely see people let hunter pets tank the guards though I think a beastmaster with the right pet could hold it long enough to get it killed. But that can be worked out depending on what we have. It would be pretty pointless to try and kill him with less than 10 though. I would want 12-15 if we can do it.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
bonemage,Jan 31 2006, 11:24 PM Wrote:We still don't know how many Synergy is bringing, but they can likely fill their own UBRS roster, so we probably only need to provide 2-3 players.
[right][snapback]100704[/snapback][/right]

This is actually something that worries me some. I know at least once in the scholo run Diesirae said something along the lines of "sure, we can bring you along". Which to me sounds alot like them being the big brother and us being the little brother they allow to tag along. Then you look at UBRS where we provide 2-3 and they provide the rest and it kind of goes with that idea as well. I'm pretty sure people have said in some other threads that we are looking for equal sized guilds so that things can be more even and there isn't anybody just tagging along. So I'm not sure that the situation with Synergy really matches what we are looking for at this time. It almost seems to me that it would be better to focus on the Lost Souls alliance for now. They seem to be more the right size for us. Course thats just my opinion. Others may feel like things are fine with Synergy. I do know that half the reason I log in is to play with Lurkers and so I'm feeling some worry here that things are going to get to where I log in and there are so many non-lurkers in the group that it just doesn't feel the same.
Gnollguy,Feb 1 2006, 12:38 AM Wrote:I personally think that one good warrior can hold both his guards but many groups like to fear them or kite Drakk (which I think is pretty cheesy) or tank them both.&nbsp; I rarely see people let hunter pets tank the guards though I think a beastmaster with the right pet could hold it long enough to get it killed.&nbsp; But that can be worked out depending on what we have.&nbsp; It would be pretty pointless to try and kill him with less than 10 though.&nbsp; I would want 12-15 if we can do it.
[right][snapback]100721[/snapback][/right]

Fearing a guard is considered cheese?
swirly,Feb 1 2006, 06:43 AM Wrote:This is actually something that worries me some.&nbsp; I know at least once in the scholo run Diesirae said something along the lines of "sure, we can bring you along".&nbsp; Which to me sounds alot like them being the big brother and us being the little brother they allow to tag along.&nbsp; Then you look at UBRS where we provide 2-3 and they provide the rest and it kind of goes with that idea as well.&nbsp; I'm pretty sure people have said in some other threads that we are looking for equal sized guilds so that things can be more even and there isn't anybody just tagging along.&nbsp; So I'm not sure that the situation with Synergy really matches what we are looking for at this time.&nbsp; It almost seems to me that it would be better to focus on the Lost Souls alliance for now.&nbsp; They seem to be more the right size for us.&nbsp; Course thats just my opinion.&nbsp; Others may feel like things are fine with Synergy.&nbsp; I do know that half the reason I log in is to play with Lurkers and so I'm feeling some worry here that things are going to get to where I log in and there are so many non-lurkers in the group that it just doesn't feel the same.
[right][snapback]100731[/snapback][/right]
I think that postponing a run with Synergy is a good thing. I was not aware of any inequality statements from them, but I also wasn't on the run. I would like to see a Zul'Gurub run scheduled for a week from this Friday with Synergy, with 10 roster slots per guild. That should maintain guild balance, and it isn't a "big brother" sort of situation. Also, 5 from LS and 10 Lurkers is a full UBRS party, with a very good chance of success. One of our positions of power, to be sure we aren't swept away into another guild, is that there are few guilds that can bring 10 players as skilled and cohesive as the Lurkers. Even if we don't know an encounter, we're all pretty good at following instructions. We also have MC, ZG, BWL experienced players. Even Diesirae admitted that some of the Synergy recruits are disappointing as far as quality goes, so I don't see there being too much inequality there, especially after they get more familiar with us. But, an introduction to each other would be better done in more balanced surroundings.

(Summary, for those that got lost in the ramble: I suggest UBRS with Lost Souls this Friday, ZG with Synergy next Friday.)
bonemage,Feb 1 2006, 08:15 AM Wrote:I think that postponing a run with Synergy is a good thing.&nbsp; I was not aware of any inequality statements from them, but I also wasn't on the run.&nbsp; I would like to see a Zul'Gurub run scheduled for a week from this Friday with Synergy, with 10 roster slots per guild.&nbsp; That should maintain guild balance, and it isn't a "big brother" sort of situation.&nbsp; Also, 5 from LS and 10 Lurkers is a full UBRS party, with a very good chance of success.&nbsp;

[snipped]

(Summary, for those that got lost in the ramble:&nbsp; I suggest UBRS with Lost Souls this Friday, ZG with Synergy next Friday.)
[right][snapback]100742[/snapback][/right]

I'll second this -- let's make one good showing rather than two meh showings. We probably will not have 10 (Yuri is likely to be in MC, not sure) and we'd be stretched thin.

I was with Diesirae and I had a different impression than swirly, only time will tell. The impression I had was that they were unable to be successful in ZG on their own because they only had about 13 players of sufficient skill/reliability. I think if we are bringing close to 10 to ZG with them there shouldn't be too much of an inequality. I also think that showing up with just one or two doesn't send the right impression on that score.

But I also agree with swirly's assessment -- if it looks like we're the little tagalong that won't do.