Terenas Friday, February 3
Alram,Feb 2 2006, 06:06 PM Wrote:1. Durambar and Marntruehorn will be calling the pulls. Finalscore is welcome to main tank several pulls at least. We can provide coaching/feedback if he wants it.

2. Who is the designated raid leader for the Lurkers? Is it Mogo or Durambar?
3. Who is going to handle the invites? Mogo
4. Who is doing the Master Looting? Is it Mogo or Durambar?

We now have 9 coming.  If they only bring 5 or 6 we can get everyone in. If they have come up with 7, one Lurker will need to sit out.
[right][snapback]100882[/snapback][/right]
I'll let Durambar take 2 and 4. If he only wants one of the jobs, I'll take 2 and leave him 4. :D
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Feb 2 2006, 07:07 PM Wrote:I'll let Durambar take 2 and 4.  If he only wants one of the jobs, I'll take 2 and leave him 4. :D
[right][snapback]100893[/snapback][/right]
I have never been Master Looter. I've never even been in a party that has used Master Looter. I do not feel comfortable using it for the first time on our first time out with another guild. The best way to ruin guild relations is for the ML to pooch it.

Count off:

NOT IT!!

Too slow, Treesh, you're it!
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
bonemage,Feb 2 2006, 08:21 PM Wrote:I have never been Master Looter.  I've never even been in a party that has used Master Looter.  I do not feel comfortable using it for the first time on our first time out with another guild.  The best way to ruin guild relations is for the ML to pooch it.
[right][snapback]100895[/snapback][/right]

Normally the raid leader is the master looter and does not call the pulls. The raid leader is a lot of watching, book keeping, group organization and raid positioning. The main puller and tanks handle the pull. Bring the fight to where the raid leader places the raid (note the pull comes to the raid, not the other way around).

Thus:

Raid leader: Pull the left side (flashes "Hold fire" on CTRaid)
(MT/Puller discuss the pull)
Puller: "Bring XXX mob(s)"
MT/OTs enages the targets and gets an agro lock (? sunder count)
Raid leader: (flashes "DPS on" on CTRaid)
(leaders chit-chat during the killing, otherwise they are silent)
target(s) die with the hunters mark, marking the order of death (Pulling hunter is picking the next target to focus fire)

Raid leader: Pull (flashes "Hold fire" on CTRaid)
(MT/Puller discuss pull)
Puller: "Bringing XX mobs(s)"
(repeat until the area is cleared)

Raid leader: (flashes "follow me" on CTRaid) and the raid follows to
the next kill spot.

This is the very BORING way a 40 man raid clears. UBRS is a zerg. The way Lurkers handled UBRS with GG calling worked fine. Easy directions, "stay here", and "pull that" worked just fine and kept things very friendly and fun.

I would recommend that a non-puller/MT be raid leader/master looter and one person from each guild to represent each guild (not being the raid leader or puller/mt). Thus the discussions can be among a smaller group of people and not all of us.

Terenas
Yuri - Mage/Arcane 85 Undead
Thirdrail - Shaman/Resto 85 Tauren
Vicstull - Rogue/Subtlety 85 Troll
Penten - Priest/Discipline 85 Blood Elf
Storage guild Bassomatic
bonemage,Feb 2 2006, 08:21 PM Wrote:I have never been Master Looter.  I've never even been in a party that has used Master Looter.  I do not feel comfortable using it for the first time on our first time out with another guild.  The best way to ruin guild relations is for the ML to pooch it.

Count off:

NOT IT!!

Too slow, Treesh, you're it!
[right][snapback]100895[/snapback][/right]
Awww maaan! ;)

But now your post is actually a lie since we tested out Master Looter during a little bit of LBRS and Tribute. :P ;)

I'll do casual bossings as boss-lady then and can be master looter too. I'll just have to remember that while I am in a raid, it's ok to click on the sparklies. ;) (On Stormrage we run MC/Ony/BWL with free-for-all looting with only the raid leader looting and so I've gotten very used to NOT clicking the sparklies.)
Intolerant monkey.
Another possibility is that since we are doing the pulls, LS could select one of their own as the ML.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Alram,Feb 3 2006, 06:22 AM Wrote:Another possibility is that since we are doing the pulls, LS could select one of their own as the ML.
[right][snapback]100942[/snapback][/right]
That works for me, especially considering that this is a joint venture and not just Lurkers allowing someone else to tag along. :)

Also, this keeps me from having to pay much attention to loot. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Alram,Feb 3 2006, 07:22 AM Wrote:Another possibility is that since we are doing the pulls, LS could select one of their own as the ML.
[right][snapback]100942[/snapback][/right]

Just poking my nose in to offer a slight suggestion here.

At this time, it might not be important, but one of the things I've discovered with raiding is that if you want a surefire way to slow things up, have your puller loot. You'll instantly increase your run time. If you are going for any semblence of speed, don't have your MT, MH, or puller do anything but MT, MH, or pull. ;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
I just sent this email to Olan.

Quote:Hello again,
Since we are calling the pulls tonight, would you like to handle the master looting?

You had said that one of the folks in your party is leaving early--after an hour or 1.5 hours if I remember correctly. We now have an additional person who wants to go. So unless there is a problem with it, we'd like to perhaps put that person in when your guy leaves.

Alex AKA Alram
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Mirajj,Feb 3 2006, 08:57 AM Wrote:Just poking my nose in to offer a slight suggestion here.

At this time, it might not be important, but one of the things I've discovered with raiding is that if you want a surefire way to slow things up, have your puller loot. You'll instantly increase your run time. If you are going for any semblence of speed, don't have your MT, MH, or puller do anything but MT, MH, or pull. ;)
[right][snapback]100963[/snapback][/right]
w00t! No Master Looting for me!

Treesh! Treesh! Treesh! Treesh!

It looks like we have one extra for tonight. I will try to catch a MC run and catch the guild for the 2nd run of the evening.

Off to die (again and again) in MC, woot! Have fun, keep it friendly, and hope it is a good run.

Terenas
Yuri - Mage/Arcane 85 Undead
Thirdrail - Shaman/Resto 85 Tauren
Vicstull - Rogue/Subtlety 85 Troll
Penten - Priest/Discipline 85 Blood Elf
Storage guild Bassomatic
Xame,Feb 3 2006, 11:16 AM Wrote:Off to die (again and again) in MC, woot!
[right][snapback]100974[/snapback][/right]
Funny enough, I read that at first as "Off to idle (again and again) in MC, woot!" which is suprisingly accurate as well if the stories I have heard of 40 man raids are true. : )
bonemage,Feb 3 2006, 11:06 AM Wrote:w00t!  No Master Looting for me!

Treesh!  Treesh!  Treesh!  Treesh!
[right][snapback]100970[/snapback][/right]
Someone from LS! Someone from LS! Someone from LS! Someone from LS! ;) :D
Intolerant monkey.
Klaus,Feb 2 2006, 07:01 PM Wrote:I think I was expecting that some lvl 60 help would be in order.  Perhaps with something less than 5 to make it more interesting?
[right][snapback]100880[/snapback][/right]

I'm good with that. I'm happy to help out if I can.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
Well, that went quite well last night. I was glad to hear all the offers of sitting out when we found out we had one too many. I was glad about various folks passing on loot so someone else could just have it. I was not happy that MY tank was the only one to die since I was typing at the time instead of healing. ;) I figured my raid leader duties were basically all squared away during that fight so I could concentrate on Finalscore, but no. Healer+Raidleader=dead tank. ;) Despite some bumps here and there, I had fun and I liked the folks that we got to play with. Oh! I forgot to remind Neph to upgrade CTRA before we left. I whispered him right after I whispered Conc about it, but wanted to give another reminder at the end of the raid. Ah well.

BTW, switching to master looter for the boss fights = PITA. :P

Congrats to all for the job well done and for any new shinies won. Next time, it won't take nearly that long to do. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Feb 4 2006, 09:36 AM Wrote:BTW, switching to master looter for the boss fights = PITA.&nbsp; :P&nbsp;
[right][snapback]101108[/snapback][/right]
Not that I was there, but I tend to agree with this. To me, master loot says you don't trust the members of the raid to decide things fairly on their own. I don't really see why its needed instead of just letting the loot options pop up like normal and then discussing who should roll and such. I mean really, if you don't trust people to be alright with the normal looting system then why are you playing with them? I know that master loot is what LS said they do, but I just kind of wonder about it. Seems more of a "lets make sure not to get screwed" kind of thing than something thats really needed with people who trust each other.
swirly,Feb 4 2006, 11:44 AM Wrote:Not that I was there, but I tend to agree with this.&nbsp; To me, master loot says you don't trust the members of the raid to decide things fairly on their own.&nbsp; I don't really see why its needed instead of just letting the loot options pop up like normal and then discussing who should roll and such.&nbsp; I mean really, if you don't trust people to be alright with the normal looting system then why are you playing with them?&nbsp; I know that master loot is what LS said they do, but I just kind of wonder about it.&nbsp; Seems more of a "lets make sure not to get screwed" kind of thing than something thats really needed with people who trust each other.
[right][snapback]101124[/snapback][/right]
We forgot to switch to ML for several boss fights. No ninja looting occured. Lots of discussion and cooperation, little drama. Things went well, we should do it again soon. UBRS is too small for both guilds to do together though, so perhaps joint nights we might want to plan a 5 man joint party for gearing as well as a UBRS raid, that way everyone who can make it has somewhere to go. We also don't need a full 15 in there.
swirly,Feb 4 2006, 11:44 AM Wrote:Seems more of a "lets make sure not to get screwed" kind of thing than something thats really needed with people who trust each other.
[right][snapback]101124[/snapback][/right]

I think you're right -- we didn't necessarily trust one another. But I think we established a certain level of trust, hopefully we can get rid of master looter in the future. I guess Lost Souls suffered through an "unfair" guild merger so they are being extra cautious.

One thing though, for several pieces the amount of time on the roll icon wouldn't have been enough to get it right. Things should get smoother and faster.