Terenas Friday, February 3
Alram,Feb 1 2006, 12:20 PM Wrote:Please let us know if you can do it Sunday or Saturday. Hopefully let us know today. I would like to contact Synergy and the Lost Souls tthis evening and get this all finalized.  While we are at it, since people are talking about going with Synergy on the following weekend, please indicate whether you will be present then as well.
[right][snapback]100769[/snapback][/right]

I will be available next Friday to the best of my knowledge. I will never be able to really commit to other times, except during the month of May and June when I will be nearly universally available when I'm not at work.
Alram,Feb 1 2006, 01:20 PM Wrote:If Yuri and/or Swirly decide they can make it
[right][snapback]100769[/snapback][/right]

This friday I have a friend who might be visiting between 9pm-11pm central time. So during that time I will be unable to commit to an instance because I could have to leave at any moment when I hear from my friend. I may or may not come on later than that and so could possibly be around for a late run of something, but it is fair to say that I should not be counted in the UBRS group at our normal time.
1. I chatted with Olan, GM of the Lost Souls.

We have made concrete plans for Friday, so if you have changed your mind about anything, it's too late now, Dude!

We are sending 8 people to the UBRS raid. They are sending 5, possibly 6. They might have 2 mages. They will have 2 warriors--one of whom will have to leave early.

Their hunter is experienced and usually calls the pulls for them. She is fine with us calling them this Friday, and they will call them on our next joint raid.

We will begin at 8:00 PM. They know that Concillian might be arriving later.

They have no UBRS key.

The GM will talk to her folks about using TS. She has all of the pertinent information.

The Lost Souls loot rules I posted here are the ones they use within their own guild. The "carryover" part is really for their guild's internal use. She suggested that perhaps we take turns on loot distribution. I replied that that was ok in principle, but might not always work in practice. As an example I said suppose there were only 1 mage, and the next drop was a mage drop, even if it were not his guild's turn, the mage should get the loot. She agreed. We are in fundamental agreement that loot assignment should be fair. She did not disagree with any of the feedback I gave her in my email about loot rules.

I told her about Synergy. She would rather not do any 3 guild events right away, a point on which we were both in agreement. She agreed in principle to the notion that a 3 guild alliance might be needed for MC in the future. For now we will keep it simple.

2. Just as an interesting sidenote, I ran into a guy I know from Synergy on the Zeppelin. He is not an officer. He asked for help in Mara, which I couldn't give because I was on my way to help Urza who was having some trouble in the Plaguelands. He said he has been to ZG and MC when he was in a different guild, and asked when we would be doing MC.

3. Treesh and Fazuul can do Saturday. I assume that might mean GG too. Fazuul can only do it from 1-4:30 on Sat. and he can't commit. So maybe we can do 3 or 4 with Synergy. I will tell them just like that--maybe Saturday afternoon a small short run with them, and hopefully ZG, but I don't know for sure how many we can send next Friday.The only ones I know are probably for certain are VorLord, Bonemage, Voiceman and me. ZG is fine by me, but I recall hearing or reading that we were going to try UBRS 1st to see how we would work together. I do not want to set something up and have people tell me next week that they don't think it is a good idea for some reason or other. I have not seen any objections to ZG next week, since it was suggested so I am going to proceed. I will send Diesirae a copy of the same loot rules thingies I sent LS for uniformity's sake.

4. Why did the Siamese twins move to England?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
I just spoke with Diesirae; he is the guild master's brother. He was fine with doing something together on Feb. 10, Friday. He said that ZG requires 20 solid players. He said that perhaps we can shoot for ZG with UBRS as a fall back. Many of their players are on the East Coast; they would prefer a start time of 7 or 7:30 PM. We agreed on a get-together time of 7:30 with the first pull being at 8 PM. If we do UBRS and a couple of people need to arrive later it's not a problem for him. If we do ZG then it would probably be OK if one person arrives late but not more.
He is perfectly fine with his guild running Teamspeak on the raid.

If we would like to do a run on Saturday afternoon, we can just message him in game; they do not currently have anything planned for Saturday.

Synergy's main goal is to be a raiding guild. He asked me what direction our guild is heading in. It is their feeling based on past experience, that success in large raids like MC depends on a cohesive group of people who regularly play together. Therefore, their primary goal is to grow the size of their guild and they would prefer a merger rather than an alliance. I explained to him that we are not interested in a merger, but agreed to pass along his thoughts and feelings on the matter. He is willing to explore an alliance for the purpose of raiding on Friday nights, and see how it goes.
Alram,Feb 1 2006, 11:05 PM Wrote:I just spoke with Diesirae; he is the guild master's brother.  He was fine with doing something together on Feb. 10, Friday.  He said that ZG requires 20 solid players.  He said that perhaps we can shoot for ZG  with UBRS as a fall back.  Many of their players are on the East Coast; they would prefer a start time of 7 or 7:30 PM.  We agreed on a get-together time of 7:30 with the first pull being at 8 PM.  If we do UBRS and a couple of people need to arrive later it's not a problem for him.  If we do ZG then it would probably be OK if one person arrives late but not more.[right][snapback]100819[/snapback][/right]

ZG does not require 20, but 20 really helps a lot, especially if you don't have massively geared-up folks.

Alram,Feb 1 2006, 11:05 PM Wrote:Synergy's main goal is to be a raiding guild. He asked me what direction our guild is heading in. It is their feeling based on past experience, that success in large raids like MC depends on a cohesive group of people who regularly play together.  Therefore, their primary goal is to grow the size of their guild and they would prefer a merger rather than an alliance.  I explained to him that we are not interested in a merger, but agreed to pass along his thoughts and feelings on the matter.  He is willing to explore an alliance for the purpose of raiding on Friday nights, and see how it goes.
[right][snapback]100819[/snapback][/right]

Absolutely not on the merger. Thanks for letting him know we are not interested in that.

About MC and people who regularly play together. It helps, but more importantly, being able to focus and do your job in there properly matters more. The healers (unless you set up strict healing rotations) do need to play together in there frequently. Different people heal differently. Some like to wait, some like to spam heals as soon as possible, some heal only the group they are in, others ninja-heal the entire raid. There will be much mana wasted (and therefore more deaths) and a lot of aggravation for the healers if you have a constantly rotating healing corps. As long as your warriors have similar gear (and don't completely suck at holding aggro against one critter at a time), it doesn't really matter who tanks as long as they all understand where to position the critters they are tanking.

How often are they looking to raid once they get 40 people? MC only resets once a week and you can do a full clear in 4 hours once you get the gear and you don't have to spam strategies/tactics before every pull. Ony resets every what, three days now? What happens when you get that down to the 15 minutes from first pull? How many days of raiding are they going to try to squeeze in and how would that affect the folks in Lurkers who may not be able to raid however many nights a week? You want to talk about getting a "left behind" or "tagalong" feeling, that's a big cause of it right there. Those who can't or don't want to raid more than once or twice a week are going to be left behind. They won't be geared as well, they won't be as experienced with the encounters, they'll always be playing catch-up and failing. I know it's a little early to get definitive answers on this, but it's something to think about.
Intolerant monkey.
Alram,Feb 1 2006, 10:05 PM Wrote:Many of their players are on the East Coast; they would prefer a start time of 7 or 7:30 PM.  We agreed on a get-together time of 7:30 with the first pull being at 8 PM.  If we do UBRS and a couple of people need to arrive later it's not a problem for him.  If we do ZG then it would probably be OK if one person arrives late but not more.
He is perfectly fine with his guild running Teamspeak on the raid.
[right][snapback]100819[/snapback][/right]

I'm a possible late person -- I'm usually there by 8:00 but 7:30 is really pushing it. Having UBRS as a fallback is a good idea.

I'll log out near the entrance and do my best to make it as soon as possible, but I'm already seeing a few red flags for this working long term (see Treesh's post ;) ). Seems to me we'd be the little brother, sent home as soon as older friends show up. While I'm excited to see some new content, I'm not sure Synergy is a good solution long term, especially given the scheduling for me personally.
Thanks for your thoughts Treesh. If Synergy persists in seeking a merger, we'll need to look elsewhere; if they will be satisfied with an alliance we can proceed. It is my recollection from last Friday that their raiding plans would be for Fri-Sun.

As far as our raid this Friday with LS:
1. I assume Durambar and GG will be calling the pulls.
2. Who is the designated raid leader for the Lurkers?
3. Who is going to handle the invites?
4. Who is doing the Master Looting?
5. I would like everyone to be present outside the instance entrance at 8:00 PM (Concillian is a possible exception.) Any repairs, quest prep, potion needs, etc. should already have been done.
6. Anything else I have left out?

Once I have the above info, I will email Olan once more.

Quote:Why did the Siamese twins move to England?
So the other one could drive.

The merger won't happen, that's for sure. As far as start times, the raid will be fine to clear to the first boss without the couple of members that will have to come a little late. We won't have to worry about people not showing, as they're reliable people who notify ahead of time of their status. If those that are going to be late can be sure to be prepared and parked at the instance entrance the night before, we should be fine. We won't have to slow the raid, and they should still be able to be there for the first boss fight. I think that's the only way it will work. If Synergy wants to take our roster slots due to planned/expected lateness, we'll have to ensure our slots are ours, or it won't work out. The biggest hangup is the wait times to get logged in, as those vary, and we do start at peak hours. Anyway to address this issue by logging in earlier than you can play (be in line while eating, putting kids to bed, etc.) would help a great deal in this matter. Being repaired and stocked, having quests and being at the portal will help a great deal. We haven't been very good about that recently, but with plans much less in flux than they usually are, it shouldn't be hard to be prepared prior to arrival.

For this Friday, I don't think it matters too much who is raid leader and does invites, one could start, then give the raid leader of the other guild officer/invite access to speed invitations. Treesh might be a good choice, as she should be there on time, is a veteran player, and has expressed interest in helping to lead on Terenas.

I do think our experience is greater than that of Lost Souls, so GG and I will probably handle the pulling for the bulk of it. I know that Finalscore (LS's MT) does not have a lot of MTing experience, so I would like to have him main tank several pulls at least. I want to get an idea of his skill level, and as he is fairly new to a tanking role, for us to be able to provide coaching/feedback if he wants it.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
Alram,Feb 2 2006, 11:02 AM Wrote:As far as our raid this Friday with LS:
1. I assume Durambar and GG will be calling the pulls.
2. Who is the designated raid leader for the Lurkers?
3. Who is going to handle the invites?
4. Who is doing the Master Looting?
5. I would like everyone to be present outside the instance entrance at 8:00 PM (Concillian is a possible exception.) Any repairs, quest prep, potion needs, etc. should already have been done.
6. Anything else I have left out?

[right][snapback]100847[/snapback][/right]

If LS is ok with us doing the pulling and pull calling on this first trip together, I would say we go with Durambar as Raid leader (if Durambar is ok with that). It is also my understanding that Finalscore is interested in picking up some tanking tips, so having Durambar be RL might work hand in hand with that. However, Treesh would also be a wise and sensible choice, should she be inclined. GG will likely pull alot, but I don't think he should bear the title of raid leader. He's there to shoot things, and help teach how the pulls go til we're more used to UBRS, and to borrow a phrase used earlier in these threads: "Use Terenas as the hot tub and relax." :lol: Speaking of UBRS....are we going to have a key to get in? Last I heard, Yuri had our only complete key, and he may not be there, and if there, may be a bit late. Treesh, I know you have the key parts, is it put together?

I also think Treesh would be a good choice to help out with invites, as long as she's comfortable therewith.

Master looting can be done by Durambar, and/or Finalscore. Possibly take turns? As long as it's fair for all, I don't think anyone will have a problem. Alot of this will be a process of building trust.

My main concern at this point is having a key to get in. This whole evening will fizzle quickly if we find we don't have a key. :o So...if we need to help Treesh build a key....how can we help? I don't know the process it takes to make the key once the pieces are acquired. I expect to be online tonight, getting my gear straightened out and ready to heal/DPS tomorrow night. If I can be helpful in any way in the assembly of such key (if needed) give me a shout and I'll be happy to help.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
VoiceMan,Feb 2 2006, 01:38 PM Wrote:If LS is ok with us doing the pulling and pull calling on this first trip together, I would say we go with Durambar as Raid leader (if Durambar is ok with that).&nbsp; It is also my understanding that Finalscore is interested in picking up some tanking tips, so having Durambar be RL might work hand in hand with that.&nbsp; However, Treesh would also be a wise and sensible choice, should she be inclined.&nbsp; GG will likely pull alot, but I don't think he should bear the title of raid leader.&nbsp; He's there to shoot things, and help teach how the pulls go til we're more used to UBRS, and to borrow a phrase used earlier in these threads:&nbsp; "Use Terenas as the hot tub and relax."&nbsp; :lol:&nbsp; Speaking of UBRS....are we going to have a key to get in?&nbsp; Last I heard, Yuri had our only complete key, and he may not be there, and if there, may be a bit late.&nbsp; Treesh, I know you have the key parts,&nbsp; is it put together?&nbsp;

I also think Treesh would be a good choice to help out with invites, as long as she's comfortable therewith.

Master looting can be done by Durambar, and/or Finalscore.&nbsp; Possibly take turns?&nbsp; As long as it's fair for all, I don't think anyone will have a problem.&nbsp; Alot of this will be a process of building trust.&nbsp;

My main concern at this point is having a key to get in.&nbsp; This whole evening will fizzle quickly if we find we don't have a key.&nbsp; :o&nbsp; So...if we need to help Treesh build a key....how can we help?&nbsp; I don't know the process it takes to make the key once the pieces are aquired.&nbsp; I expect to be online tonight, getting my gear straightened out and ready to heal/DPS tomorrow night.&nbsp; If I can be helpful in any way in the assembly of such key (if needed) give me a shout and I'll be happy to help.
[right][snapback]100858[/snapback][/right]

Treesh simply needs us to do about 7 pulls into LBRS and talk to the guy to get the key made. We can then go and open the door to UBRS. So even if we don't get that done ahead of time (and treesh and I can't quite duo it, I think three of us could do it, 5 easily) it will only take 3 to 4 minutes for the raid to get it done.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I expect that Xarhud will be on this friday, but I don't expect to be involved in the early run. If people end up without a slot and get left out, perhaps we can get a group together for ST. Otherwise, I'm hoping there might be a ST group for the late run. I'd like to get that finished and out of the way so I can start clogging my quest log with BRD quests.
<span style="color:red">Terenas (PvE)
Xarhud: Lvl 80 Undead Priest
Meltok: Lvl 70 Undead Mage
Ishila: Lvl 31 Tauren Druid
Tynaria: Lvl 66 Blood Elf Rogue
Klaus,Feb 2 2006, 03:04 PM Wrote:I expect that Xarhud will be on this friday, but I don't expect to be involved in the early run.&nbsp; If people end up without a slot and get left out, perhaps we can get a group together for ST.&nbsp; Otherwise, I'm hoping there might be a ST group for the late run.&nbsp; I'd like to get that finished and out of the way so I can start clogging my quest log with BRD quests.
[right][snapback]100866[/snapback][/right]
Agh, the warrior needs to go to ST as well, and I'd like to go with you. I can't do a late run on Friday. Perhaps Saturday afternoon would work?
Alram,Feb 2 2006, 01:39 PM Wrote:Agh, the warrior needs to go to ST as well, and I'd like to go with you.&nbsp; I can't do a late run on Friday. Perhaps Saturday afternoon would work?
[right][snapback]100869[/snapback][/right]

Hmm. Saturday really doesn't work for me this week. Gotta do the birthday thing for Mrs. Klaus' mother. :)
VoiceMan,Feb 2 2006, 12:38 PM Wrote:I also think Treesh would be a good choice to help out with invites, as long as she's comfortable therewith.

<snip>

My main concern at this point is having a key to get in.&nbsp; This whole evening will fizzle quickly if we find we don't have a key.&nbsp; :o&nbsp; So...if we need to help Treesh build a key....how can we help?&nbsp; I don't know the process it takes to make the key once the pieces are aquired.&nbsp; I expect to be online tonight, getting my gear straightened out and ready to heal/DPS tomorrow night.&nbsp; If I can be helpful in any way in the assembly of such key (if needed) give me a shout and I'll be happy to help.
[right][snapback]100858[/snapback][/right]

Pffft. Invites are easy. /invite LSguildofficer, promote to assistant, let him/her invite the other guildies coming along. ;) Piece of cake. :D

And yeah, all I need to actually have the UBRS key is just hand it back into the guy in LBRS who isn't very deep in, but far enough in that GG and I can't duo it. I'll probably be online tonight to do it since it really should be done before the raid.
Intolerant monkey.

Yuri will be there (unless NOS begs me for MC, although not likely). I'll be on 8-8:30. If I'm on before, I'll be on and off of the keyboard because of the wife (not ready to really play).

Since NOS got the Luci kill, lots and lots of people want to go on MC raids with NOS/NS (and with open, liberal recruiting....). This has lead to last week's wipes and no progress. I'm of the mood to let them settle down before joining them on more MC raids.

On the final UBRS fight, I have traditionally seen it done as 2 people assigned to fear a guard (to avoid a resist). Main tank and offtank on the remaining two. On five sunders, dot burn both main and offtank's targets with all direct damage on the guard. Next boss with the offtank picking up the feared guard. Last, kill the remaining guard. Pretty easy fight except for some very close calls on heals to the tanks (after being crit'ed).
Terenas
Yuri - Mage/Arcane 85 Undead
Thirdrail - Shaman/Resto 85 Tauren
Vicstull - Rogue/Subtlety 85 Troll
Penten - Priest/Discipline 85 Blood Elf
Storage guild Bassomatic
Treesh,Feb 2 2006, 04:17 PM Wrote:Pffft.&nbsp; Invites are easy.&nbsp; /invite LSguildofficer, promote to assistant, let him/her invite the other guildies coming along. ;)&nbsp; Piece of cake. :D

And yeah, all I need to actually have the UBRS key is just hand it back into the guy in LBRS who isn't very deep in, but far enough in that GG and I can't duo it.&nbsp; I'll probably be online tonight to do it since it really should be done before the raid.
[right][snapback]100874[/snapback][/right]

Hehehe....I didn't think invites would be too difficult for you, I was trying to be diplomatic and not volunteer you without your consent. :whistling: I expect to be on tonight, with a small interruption around 8:30 pm server time, I think. If we can three man the needed pulls for LBRS to get your key ready, I'm game. I know Yuri is planning on being there, but we might as well get your key done if we get a chance. :)
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Now that my big push for rep is done with Fazuul, that frees me up to do some other things. Of course, bringing the druid along to ST might feel someone like a zerg, but I don't mind helping out if needed. Just give a holler.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
VoiceMan,Feb 2 2006, 03:46 PM Wrote:Now that my big push for rep is done with Fazuul, that frees me up to do some other things.&nbsp; Of course, bringing the druid along to ST might feel someone like a zerg, but I don't mind helping out if needed.&nbsp; Just give a holler.
[right][snapback]100878[/snapback][/right]

I think I was expecting that some lvl 60 help would be in order. Perhaps with something less than 5 to make it more interesting?
1. Durambar and Marntruehorn will be calling the pulls. Finalscore is welcome to main tank several pulls at least. We can provide coaching/feedback if he wants it.

2. Who is the designated raid leader for the Lurkers? Is it Mogo or Durambar?
3. Who is going to handle the invites? Mogo
4. Who is doing the Master Looting? Is it Mogo or Durambar?

We now have 9 coming. If they only bring 5 or 6 we can get everyone in. If they have come up with 7, one Lurker will need to sit out.

They have 7. We can only send 8.