Leadership of our guild
I am having some issues with the hours I play affecting my real-life. Taking a week off from playing really didn't really help all that much; I need to make some long-term changes. I talk about in more detail in this thread. I think the Terenas lurkers will need to select a new guild leader. Please understand that I really enjoy playing with you folks, and I couldn't ask for a better group of people to spend time with. In addition to a guild leader somebody will also need to have super admin status at the Guild portal web site. I'll back off and let you folks discuss who should lead the Guild and how you'll decide. GG or Treesh get first crack at it however, since they founded the Guild.

I will keep my Terenas characters for now and probably will continue to join you for awhile, but I just cannot stay up really late anymore to play. In Terenas server time for me, late is after 9 PM, and really late is after 10 PM; unacceptably late is after 11 PM. Unfortunately that doesn't work for most of the rest of you. It is with regret that I leave.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Alram,Mar 7 2006, 05:46 PM Wrote:It is with regret that I leave.
[right][snapback]103849[/snapback][/right]

:o :( :o :( :o :( :o :( :o :(

*cries*

There will have to be some thought on this for sure. I fully understand your decision. Heck I had to make a similar one many months ago when you took the helm from me though for different reasons.

I hope things work out for you though. The times only work for Treesh and I because her work is essentially 10 am to 7pm Terenas time so the start times for her work out alright.

Treesh and I will have to talk some about the guild and us on Terenas as well.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Alram, you've done a fantastic job as guild leader. Real life has always come first so you do what you need to do. Many hugs (hordely ones even ;) ). And yeah, GG and I will talk.
Intolerant monkey.
As always behind ya 100% Alram, and the rest of you all on Terenas. That and your seconded on the opinion that Real Life™, espically jobs and whatnot, make things a huge pain for us all.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Well, golly gee, Wally!! I think it's Alram's "fault" ( I use the word fault with much affection) that I have two capped toons within the first 8 months of me buying the game. I was able to duo my way through much of the levelling with two characters with Alram. You will be missed, but I also echo what others have said: Real life, while not always as much fun, must always take priority. You will be missed indeed.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
This is sad news indeed. Best of luck to you and yours.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
After much debate with GG and much thinking, I do believe that I'm ready to take back control of the guild, even with knowing that trying to really get a good alliance going is a hassle. And yes, you will be seeing more of me on Terenas. I need to do many, many things over there with Mogo that I didn't need to do with Aleri or Eth so I will be over there more anyway, regardless of being guild leader or not. :)

And you have no idea how hard it is to try and phrase "yeah, I want the guild back" without sounding pretentious and without belittling what Alram has done. So I gave up, wrote what I wrote and then this explanation. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Mar 8 2006, 06:11 PM Wrote:And you have no idea how hard it is to try and phrase "yeah, I want the guild back" without sounding pretentious and without belittling what Alram has done.&nbsp;
[right][snapback]103972[/snapback][/right]

I think you should have written
"Hell yes I want the guild back you little pricks"

Because then you wouldn't have had to worry about that... we would instantly realize you were joking and all subversive thoughts would disappear in fits of laughter.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
I am also sorry that you will be on less Alram, Concillian and Magead "grew up together" and there is a part of me that fondly remembers the evenings of duoing with you. It's unfortunate that our play times drifted apart, as married life has pushed my playtime to consistently late, I'm usually coming on about the time you are ready to leave =(.

Good luck with finding a group your schedule meshes better with, and, of course, good luck with your RL issues. If I ever visit my Aunt and Uncle in Marble Falls, I will be sure to let you know so we can meet (my cousin lives in Austin proper too).
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Concillian,Mar 8 2006, 09:30 PM Wrote:I am also sorry that you will be on less Alram, Concillian and Magead "grew up together" and there is a part of me that fondly remembers the evenings of duoing with you.&nbsp; It's unfortunate that our play times drifted apart, as married life has pushed my playtime to consistently late, I'm usually coming on about the time you are ready to leave =(.

Good luck with finding a group your schedule meshes better with, and, of course, good luck with your RL issues.&nbsp; If I ever visit my Aunt and Uncle in Marble Falls, I will be sure to let you know so we can meet (my cousin lives in Austin proper too).
[right][snapback]103975[/snapback][/right]
I remember the first time you ever got mageweave off a mob in Arathi. And how we figured out AoE as a duo. Also many many other times. Do give me a buzz if you come through Austin.

It looks like we might get a thing going on weekends in the daytime which will mean I can still stick around Terenas some. I have begun playing a lock on SR.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Concillian,Mar 8 2006, 08:26 PM Wrote:I think you should have written
"Hell yes I want the guild back you little pricks"

Because then you wouldn't have had to worry about that... we would instantly realize you were joking and all subversive thoughts would disappear in fits of laughter.
[right][snapback]103974[/snapback][/right]
Hehe. I should have, but I was still in "be very politic with all responses to folks" mode since I just got back from work a little bit before making the post. ;)
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Mar 8 2006, 08:11 PM Wrote:I do believe that I'm ready to take back control of the guild

Wasn't GG technically the guild leader before? Which would mean you technically aren't taking back control, but rather usurping it for yourself. ; ) Or maybe I missed the time when you were the leader instead of him. : )
swirly,Mar 9 2006, 12:52 AM Wrote:Wasn't GG technically the guild leader before?&nbsp; Which would mean you technically aren't taking back control, but rather usurping it for yourself. ; )&nbsp; Or maybe I missed the time when you were the leader instead of him. : )
[right][snapback]103989[/snapback][/right]

Marn was the guild leader, yes. But well it was such a tiny guild. Started really because Treesh and I were tired of "Join my guild! Hey you wanna join my guild!" stuff. At least that is what prompted it and I knew there were a few other lurkers who were on the server. So it was both of us. Marn had the ultimate power though, yes.

However I still don't want to be named Guild Leader even if I can log into Treesh's account. She does, but you get us both generally with anything like this as you know. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Gnollguy,Mar 9 2006, 12:54 AM Wrote:but you get us both generally with anything like this as you know.&nbsp; :)
[right][snapback]103995[/snapback][/right]
Yeah I know, I was just poking fun at her like usual. : )
Welcome to a position that can make you feel like the most loved and most hated person at the same time. :)

Good luck to you and GG in forming the partnerships necessary for the fine Lurkers on Terenas to raid in the end game. I'll try to get my druid or shaman capped so I can raid with you guys. :D
Tal,Mar 9 2006, 07:34 AM Wrote:Welcome to a position that can make you feel like the most loved and most hated person at the same time. :)

As long as you don't go around riling everyone up over there, it'll be easier for me than it is for you because we're smaller. ;)

Tal,Mar 9 2006, 07:34 AM Wrote:Good luck to you and GG in forming the partnerships necessary for the fine Lurkers on Terenas to raid in the end game. I'll try to get my druid or shaman capped so I can raid with you guys. :D
[right][snapback]104012[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, that's going to be the trickiest part of the whole thing. :) And \o/ to someone else who can raid with us. Powerlevel it monkey! ;) :D
Intolerant monkey.
swirly,Mar 8 2006, 11:52 PM Wrote:Wasn't GG technically the guild leader before?&nbsp; Which would mean you technically aren't taking back control, but rather usurping it for yourself. ; )&nbsp; Or maybe I missed the time when you were the leader instead of him. : )
[right][snapback]103989[/snapback][/right]
Usurper! As GG said, yeah, it was Marn who was original leader, but that was only because he wanted to see firsthand just what kind of tools were available to the guild leader so he could help Tal on Stormrage.
Intolerant monkey.
Treesh,Mar 8 2006, 07:11 PM Wrote:And you have no idea how hard it is to try and phrase "yeah, I want the guild back" without sounding pretentious and without belittling what Alram has done.&nbsp; So I gave up, wrote what I wrote and then this explanation. ;)

I, for one, welcome our new Tauren overlords :P
Treesh,Mar 9 2006, 10:09 AM Wrote:As long as you don't go around riling everyone up over there, it'll be easier for me than it is for you because we're smaller. ;)

*Sneaks over and riles things up a little*

Quote:Yeah, that's going to be the trickiest part of the whole thing. :)&nbsp; And \o/ to someone else who can raid with us.&nbsp; Powerlevel it monkey! ;) :D
[right][snapback]104022[/snapback][/right]

While not into powerlevelling, my toon there is coming along swimmingly. ;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~