New alliance race VIDEO!11!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kN6OYo3Wf8...&page=1&t=t&f=b

/wtf
When you reach the edge of everything, and the only thing left to do is step into the darkness rest assured one of to things shall happen. Either there will be ground for you to stand on or you shall be taught to fly.
Oo

People have way too much time on their hands.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
ima_nerd,May 1 2006, 02:41 PM Wrote:Oo

People have way too much time on their hands.
[right][snapback]108617[/snapback][/right]

I agree.

Well, supposedly it's not too long now before we find out, and be totally unsurprised!
Adairan,May 1 2006, 10:26 AM Wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kN6OYo3Wf8...&page=1&t=t&f=b
/wtf
[right][snapback]108615[/snapback][/right]

ahem..ah... you no take teh epix
Thing is though, i believe it to be true..
Story line goes that Kobolds have taken over most of Loch Modan, the video was taken in old IF, which for some reason they LEFT in the game instead of simply removing it, though its not currently accessible by legit means.
They said that we would be 'completely' taken aback. Ive heard worgen, pandaran, naga, drenei, ect ect ect. But not one single person would have EVER thought Kobolds. They live currently in the region of IF, i mean its no so far fetched really.
Beta is up and running, ive seen alot of videos of blood elves including a shield design that is not currently in game, i looked it up, so its new beta data.
Almost enough to make me come back to Stormrage Alliance, i really do miss ya'll.
When you reach the edge of everything, and the only thing left to do is step into the darkness rest assured one of to things shall happen. Either there will be ground for you to stand on or you shall be taught to fly.
Adairan,May 2 2006, 04:40 AM Wrote:Thing is though, i believe it to be true..
[right][snapback]108659[/snapback][/right]

I have a bridge between the Wetlands and Arathi to sell you. 100% guaranteed not to be blown up. (*)

* Not guaranteed
MongoJerry,May 2 2006, 11:47 AM Wrote:I have a bridge between the Wetlands and Arathi to sell you.  100% guaranteed not to be blown up. (*)
* Not guaranteed
[right][snapback]108672[/snapback][/right]

Hey wait a second you sold ME a bridge there.
At the very end of the audio there are a few words sung which when you play them backwards distinctly say, "Paul is dead."
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Tal,May 2 2006, 10:57 AM Wrote:Hey wait a second you sold ME a bridge there.
[right][snapback]108674[/snapback][/right]

Was it a troll bridge?
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
In all seriousness an emulated server 'USUALY' can ONLY load things that are already in the game to my knowledge. To be able to creat npc's including the King guy would take some work, nothing i think anyone would be willing to do, possible yes, probable no. I got a good hunch on it though we shall see
Bun-Bun,May 2 2006, 12: Wrote:Was it a troll bridge?
[right][snapback]108677[/snapback][/right]

My two brothers and I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate us.
Adairan,May 2 2006, 09:22 AM Wrote:In all seriousness an emulated server 'USUALY' can ONLY load things that are already in the game to my knowledge. To be able to creat npc's including the King guy would take some work, nothing i think anyone would be willing to do, [right][snapback]108679[/snapback][/right]

You mean like the guy who spent an afternoon making a pandarian model for his private server and posted a screenshot to try to fool everyone into thinking that the new alliance race would be pandarians?
MongoJerry,May 2 2006, 12:52 PM Wrote:You mean like the guy who spent an afternoon making a pandarian model for his private server and posted a screenshot to try to fool everyone into thinking that the new alliance race would be pandarians?
[right][snapback]108684[/snapback][/right]

Oh, that was admitted to by Ian over at www.machall.com. He did it in Photoshop, not with an emulated server. Scroll down to "Cthulhu is MY guild leader" here: http://www.machall.com/index.php?strip_id=369

As for this video, I initially believed it (and was appalled), then I noticed that the kobolds all look very much alike, and there were no obviously female kobolds and thought, "Ah! Emulated Server,"

Borrowing the same theme music as the Official Blizzard-release TBC trailer was a nice touch, though. Well done.
Monkey,May 2 2006, 10:21 AM Wrote:Oh, that was admitted to by Ian over at www.machall.com. He did it in Photoshop, not with an emulated server. Scroll down to "Cthulhu is MY guild leader" here: http://www.machall.com/index.php?strip_id=369
[right][snapback]108688[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, he modeled and texturized it, but I don't see where he says he used Photoshop to make the picture. My impression was that he did the modeling and texturizing and then put it on a private server to take screenshots of it. My mistake if not. Still, it shows how much work a person would be willing to do to make a ruse. It's obvious that someone took the various existing models of kobolds and kobold bosses, dressed them up in various armors, created NPC's of various kinds of trade vendors, and plopped them in the middle of Old Ironforge. It's something that could be done in a few days, if you had a decent idea of how to read game data files.
Tal,May 2 2006, 11:41 AM Wrote:My two brothers and I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate us.
[right][snapback]108682[/snapback][/right]

That sounds Grimm.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Bun-Bun,May 2 2006, 01: Wrote:That sounds Grimm.
[right][snapback]108693[/snapback][/right]

I'm not trying to get your goat. <_<
The new Alliance race will indeed be the Draenei, according to an inside source. According to him, it's hard to tell the difference between the male and female ones. Official revelations are coming soon. (My speculation: At E3?).

I'm still holding out hope that he's wrong. I really want the Worgen to be the new race, and Draenei doesn't seem to fit with the "shocking" revelation that was implied before. It could be deliberate misinformation. At least I'm holding out hope that it is.
MongoJerry,May 2 2006, 06:14 PM Wrote:The new Alliance race will indeed be the Draenei, according to an inside source.&nbsp; According to him, it's hard to tell the difference between the male and female ones.&nbsp; Official revelations are coming soon.&nbsp; (My speculation:&nbsp; At E3?).

I'm still holding out hope that he's wrong.&nbsp; I really wanted the Worgen to be the race, and Draenei doesn't seem to fit with the "shocking" revelation that was implied before.&nbsp; It could be deliberate misinformation.&nbsp; At least I'm holding out hope that it is.
[right][snapback]108696[/snapback][/right]

Well, my inside source tells me it's not Worgen. Sorry - I really think they would have made the best choice, too.

So Draenei... Where does the surprise part come in? That everybody excpected them, and while Blizzard sort of tried to steer people away from the idea with the introduction of "the Broken", and pretty much failed at that, and it actually was Draenei? Surprise... But it seems that this is probably the race that Blizzard will present to us at E3. I just hope they are not as ugly as the current versions one can encounter.
Tal,May 2 2006, 08:57 AM Wrote:Hey wait a second you sold ME a bridge there.
[right][snapback]108674[/snapback][/right]

No wonder you look so pi...d .....

-A
lemekim,May 2 2006, 12:00 PM Wrote:So Draenei... Where does the surprise part come in? That everybody excpected them, and while Blizzard sort of tried to steer people away from the idea with the introduction of "the Broken", and pretty much failed at that, and it actually was Draenei? Surprise... But it seems that this is probably the race that Blizzard will present to us at E3. I just hope they are not as ugly as the current versions one can encounter.
[right][snapback]108704[/snapback][/right]

From a game perspective, it makes sense. They're related to Outland, they hate the orcs with a passion, and they give the Alliance an "ugly" race to balance their "beautiful" races. I don't know how they'll get around the whole "shamanistic" problem, but I'm sure there are many ways that this particular group of draenei could have conveniently forgotten their shamanistic heritage.

I'm not too disappointed. The Draenei were my second best choice of all the ones that were suggested. If the new race had been Worgen, though, I would've rerolled Alliance in a heartbeat.