1.13 (2.0.1?) Player Test Realms Up?
- Fixed an issue where Warrior “Battle Shout” was causing too much
threat.

Hmm, is this the end of the Throne tactic for Nefarian?

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Quote: - Fixed an issue where Warrior “Battle Shout” was causing too much
threat.

Hmm, is this the end of the Throne tactic for Nefarian?

take care
Tarabulus

I doubt it. Battleshout wasn't really used much as an aggro tool for the warriors we used while doing the throne strat. In fact I would keep 3+ mobs on me and never use BS at all for that strat.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:I doubt it. Battleshout wasn't really used much as an aggro tool for the warriors we used while doing the throne strat. In fact I would keep 3+ mobs on me and never use BS at all for that strat.

This sounds more like an end to the warriors tanking Vek'lor. The mainstain for maintaining aggro on Vek'lor with a Warrior is to spam BS to keep his attention above all the healing pouring in on the MT since they're going to be taking anywhere from 1k to 4k damage every 2 seconds.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
I ask because WE use battleshout in our throne tactic, I usually have all- mobs on me using something like a 3 BS 1 Demo shout rotation + single target aggro via HS:)

We are on our way to our first Nef kill and it would be a setback to have to change tactics at this point.

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Quote:- there is (perhaps) Tired Time. After you play for a while you get an announcement <span style="color:#FFCC00">You have 1.59 until you enter tired time. Your rewards will be cut in half However I get the same exp for killing mobs and it seems quest hand ins are just as rewarding. The buzz this morning was that this is a bug, it looks like you get the message but nothing actually happens
- I think exp gain is slightly improved. I've done the Valley of Trials many times and I generally come out halfway to level 6. This time I was 2 mobs off level 6, so about half a bar more advanced for the same effort. I've no idea whether this will continue at higher levels

ARRGH!!!!!!!!!
Please tell me that they are not still bent on trying to force that tired/exhausted rest state stuff on us from the early closed beta! See here for some comments on it back then.
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index...topic=3908
Quote:ARRGH!!!!!!!!!
Please tell me that they are not still bent on trying to force that tired/exhausted rest state stuff on us from the early closed beta! See here for some comments on it back then.
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index...topic=3908

I've read that this is something is probably only meant for the Chinesse client where there are laws that limit the amount of time that people can play online games.

Of course they could be trying to test the waters for an implementation of the old beta crap by letting that "slip" onto test.
---
Quote:This sounds more like an end to the warriors tanking Vek'lor. The mainstain for maintaining aggro on Vek'lor with a Warrior is to spam BS to keep his attention above all the healing pouring in on the MT since they're going to be taking anywhere from 1k to 4k damage every 2 seconds.

I never used it, Lissa. Didn't need to, even with all the healing.
--Mav
Quote:- there is (perhaps) Tired Time. After you play for a while you get an announcement <span style="color:#FFCC00">You have 1.59 until you enter tired time. Your rewards will be cut in half However I get the same exp for killing mobs and it seems quest hand ins are just as rewarding. The buzz this morning was that this is a bug, it looks like you get the message but nothing actually happens

Confirmed by blue to be a bug resulting from connecting to the PTR with the beta client. This is not a feature meant for western realms.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...ageNo=1&sid=1#0
Quote:Confirmed by blue to be a bug resulting from connecting to the PTR with the beta client. This is not a feature meant for western realms.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...ageNo=1&sid=1#0

Thanks Xanthix
Quote:I doubt it. Battleshout wasn't really used much as an aggro tool for the warriors we used while doing the throne strat. In fact I would keep 3+ mobs on me and never use BS at all for that strat.
I agree.

First off, Battle Shout only works as a massive threat generating tool if and only if your four (or more with pets) party members are in range to get buffed. Usually the party members of the main tanks in our raid keep their distance from Vek'lor for obvious reasons.

Second, I have read a discussion on the German boards where an off warrior noted that he would draw too much aggro off the main tank by using battle shout. There was a Blizzard official response effectively telling the poster that this is not intentional and will be looked into. Was quite some time ago, though.

There are so many ways for warriors to keep attention on them that I'm really wondering why such peculiar methods as using battle shout are in use at all.
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Quote:Yes, this was also noted in the thread I linked to. They take 0 honor and 30 marks from AV, AB, and WSG to purchase. 150 riding skill required for all the rank 11 mounts. I assume anyone who had them beforehand will get 150 riding skill for free. I have rank 11 mounts, but I already had my riding skill, so I won't be able to check.

Here's my understanding:
If you purchased a rank 11 mount before the mount change, you received 150 riding with the mount change.
If you purchased your first rank 11 mount after the mount change, you won't receive 150 riding in the patch (thott's beta site shows two versions of each pvp mount, one with 75 riding, one with 150; only the 150 has a purchase price noted)

Rank will no longer be required to use either rank 11 mount--But you can't pre-buy the mount and then use it after the patch (I already tried!).

Also, for anyone trying to finish a rank (like me trying to hit 11) before the patch goes up: Blizzard has noted that the last week before the patch goes live will NOT count towards an increase in rank. So your time to finish is [Weeks til patch] -1.
Quote:Also, for anyone trying to finish a rank (like me trying to hit 11) before the patch goes up: Blizzard has noted that the last week before the patch goes live will NOT count towards an increase in rank. So your time to finish is [Weeks til patch] -1.

Target date for the patch is a week before Christmas. As with all software development, especially Blizzard's, this timetable is very much subject to change.
Quote:Target date for the patch is a week before Christmas. As with all software development, especially Blizzard's, this timetable is very much subject to change.

Boo.

Sooner not later
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Update on new features from the perspective of a 60 Druid this time

- Track Humanoids turns on automatically when you go into cat form
- all AQ20 bookdrop spells available from the trainer. In other words if you have an AQ20 book sell it now because it will be worth no more than the trainer's fee in about 3-4 weeks time
- new loading screens featuring very glamorous versions of some race types. Phwoar, Blood Elves, phwoar!!!
- my Leatherworking screen is now sortable by both subclass and slot. Subclasses are things like Bags, Mail; slots are things like Head, Legs
- my enchanting screen is sortable by slots
- at the top of my character screen I can choose whether to display a title. My options are First Sergeant and None
- in the 2 stats panels on the character screen you can pick any one from 5 choices to display in each. The choices are:
Base Stats: Strength, Agility, Stamina, Intellect, Spirit, Armor
Melee: Weapon skill, Damage, Speed, Power, Hit rating, Crit % chance
Ranged: Weapon skill, Damage, Speed, Power, Hit rating, Crit % chance
Spell: Bonus damage, bonus healing, hit rating, crit % chance, penetration
Defenses: Armor, Defense, Dodge, Parry, Block, Resilience

Quote:- Track Humanoids turns on automatically when you go into cat form

Doesn't that overwrite Mining/Herb trackers?
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:Doesn't that overwrite Mining/Herb trackers?
Yup. Hopefully it doesn't turn those off or that could get very annoying.
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
Quote:Target date for the patch is a week before Christmas. As with all software development, especially Blizzard's, this timetable is very much subject to change.

Ok, this is semi-important to me. Is this confirmed... somehow, or are you simply guessing?

-A
I hope they get some good testing of the patch with TBC beta becuase for me the PTR has had a 90% downtime. I used to at least get the char select screen then get a loading screen for then get kicked back to the select screen. Now I get errors trying to retrieve the character list.

The few times I could get on, there were either no NPC's or mobs or I only had a 5 or so minute window before getting thrown back to the char select screen.

Worst PTR I've ever dealt with so far.
---
Wont'... copy... my friggin'... character... RRAAAAARRGH.

I suppose it works out a bit since by all reports the server is completely unplayable. Of course, I hear about it being unplayable from my room mate. Whose account is frozen. And he can transfer his characters and play on the test realm without any problems. Yet my account is active. And it won't give me anything but errors.
Quote:Doesn't that overwrite Mining/Herb trackers?

I can't tell, sorry