Prince Malchezaar
Quote:Out of curiousity, is this encounter/strategy similar to the standard Firemaw LOS strategy? You may have to excuse my limited perspective since I am not that far into Karazhan, but if the only issue here is tanking a mob with LOS AOE abilities near a doorway, I am curious what the difference is between the two fights.

Better comparison is Chromaggus. Using LoS to avoid the breaths? Not an exploit. Using LoS to avoid the afflictions? An exploit, and fixed quickly. Using LoS but attacking through it to avoid the breaths? An exploit, and patched so that anyone actively attacking Chromaggus was susceptible to breaths no matter where they were, hence the "turn off autoattack" frequent comments.

It's a fine line, but it's essentially "what does Blizzard intend to be avoidable compared to unavoidable?" Standing inside the door for Malcazeer turns it into a stupid tank-and-spank, and I can't believe that's what Blizzard intended.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:Congratulations on your exploit kill. Let me know when you kill him the real way.

-Bolty

BlueTracker doesn't have anything on this being an exploit. Until Blizzard states that it's an exploit (and then likely fixes it), I'm going to consider a viable strategy.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:BlueTracker doesn't have anything on this being an exploit. Until Blizzard states that it's an exploit (and then likely fixes it), I'm going to consider a viable strategy.
Anyone with an IQ over 70 can see this is an exploit.

"You face not Malchezzar alone, but the legions I command!" Oh wait, unless you stand in a hallway where, if he chases you there, HE RESETS (and often bugs out as well), BECAUSE HE'S NOT MEANT TO GO IN THERE.

You are a cheater. Enjoy your free loot. But don't come on here and pretend this is a legitimate strategy. Let's call it what it is and move on, until Blizzard finally patches in the doors closing.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:BlueTracker doesn't have anything on this being an exploit. Until Blizzard states that it's an exploit (and then likely fixes it), I'm going to consider a viable strategy.

Actually, considering the issues with Aran and Mechanar, I sincerely hope Blizzard never patches in the door shutting. I don't trust them to not completely break something if they do that. >_<

Quote:Better comparison is Chromaggus. Using LoS to avoid the breaths? Not an exploit. Using LoS to avoid the afflictions? An exploit, and fixed quickly. Using LoS but attacking through it to avoid the breaths? An exploit, and patched so that anyone actively attacking Chromaggus was susceptible to breaths no matter where they were, hence the "turn off autoattack" frequent comments.

It's a fine line, but it's essentially "what does Blizzard intend to be avoidable compared to unavoidable?" Standing inside the door for Malcazeer turns it into a stupid tank-and-spank, and I can't believe that's what Blizzard intended.

I see, thank you for the explanation.

If it was just a boss that had an LOS attack, that you could use the dungeon architecture to avoid, that's one thing. But if the boss leashes at the door, and his spells and minions won't go through the door, and most of the raid can stand outside the door and get free hits, it does seem a little fishy.

If Blizzard does consider this an exploit, I hope it is patched, but then I hope the mega-content-patch they keep promoting is delivered sooner rather than later.

Has this place changed so much since the days where I was posting 5x a day?

If that makes me an elitist prick, so be it. But I always considered this a haven from cheating.
See you in Town,
-Z
We downed him today on fourth overall attempt, after 34%, 13% and 11%.

We used consumables after the first attempt, meaning food, potions and rum, but no stoneshield pots, since nobody had any:)

Our small supply of potions was used up after the third attempt but it looked like we really could do this without any extra buffage, Infernal landing points are, in my opinon, more than 50% of this fight. Our 13% wipe resulted from almost perfect (speaking from Malchezaar's point of view here) Infernal landings, two boxed in the raid with overlapping damage zones, one landed on top of me and by then it was pretty much over.

In the fight that lead to the eventual kill, I had to move once, for about 5 yards, the raid never moved at all. Pie.

We were all surprised at how easy this fight can be, if you get a bit of luck. Moroes is harder, Aran is harder.

From my brief ovservations during and after the fight, an agility pot is the most useful on the tank, if you want to go light on consumables. I sassume food and rum are a given. We had a lot of overhealing in phase one, I took very little damage there and people were assuming a hard-hitting boss. I got zero damage for 8 second intervals, repeatedly.

Oh yeah, we fought him on the platform.:o

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Quote:
Better comparison is Chromaggus. Using LoS to avoid the breaths? Not an exploit. Using LoS to avoid the afflictions? An exploit, and fixed quickly. Using LoS but attacking through it to avoid the breaths? An exploit, and patched so that anyone actively attacking Chromaggus was susceptible to breaths no matter where they were, hence the "turn off autoattack" frequent comments.

There is a similar situation in the Mechanar with Mechano-Lord Capacitus, where the bombs he casts can be entirely avoided by tanking him at the stairs leading to his playpen.

And another situation in the same instance, where Nethermancer Sepethrea is bypassed until Pathaleon is cleared, and Sepethrea is pulled into Pathaleon's chamber and dispatched before the fire elementals arrive.

Both of these situations could easily have been programmed out. For example, Capacitus cannot be enticed to leave his playpen, and the Pathaleon marathon cannot start until Sepethrea is down.

It is hard to determine "what Blizzard intended" in these situations.

[Image: spangles_sig_3.jpg]

You consider it whatever you want to. Just don't post here that it's anything but an exploit. Simple as that.

--Mav

Quote:Prince Malchezaar's door will now close when his encounter begins

You were saying?

:angry:
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Hopefully, that's the end of that.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:You were saying?

:angry:
I find comments like these offensive, childish and totally out of place in a forum like this. Stating the obvious is one thing. Taking a "we are better than you" arrogant stance and beating a dead horse is a totally different thing. I cannot stand that.
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Quote:I find comments like these offensive, childish and totally out of place in a forum like this. Stating the obvious is one thing. Taking a "we are better than you" arrogant stance and beating a dead horse is a totally different thing. I cannot stand that.

How is your reply any better?:)
You don't know what you're talking about.
Quote:How is your reply any better?:)
/begin recursion
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
Quote:I find comments like these offensive, childish and totally out of place in a forum like this. Stating the obvious is one thing. Taking a "we are better than you" arrogant stance and beating a dead horse is a totally different thing. I cannot stand that.

Let it go. Bolty and I both stated what we thought of it, with our mod/admin hats on, that's all that need be said. Thread locked, issue over. Especially now that Blizz has clearly said they're fixing this exploit. (And yes, that's what it is)

--Mav