Prince Malchezaar
Quote:Real warriors don't need Shoulderguards of the Bold.:)
Real warriors tank with two bananas!:D
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Quote:That's supposed to cheer me up? :angry:

Well, it was supposed to cheer Concillian up:P

I am a very friendly person and poster, grant me this tiny evulness I beg.

:)

I wish every warrior the best of luck in getting the plate they want, so they don't have to run around wearing OMFGLOL paladin stuff. There should be a law against that, or, better yet, remove paladins from the game. Or make them less...well, I'm not going to say it.

take care
Tarabulus

EDIT: I linked my profile in my sig, you can see my gear is far from optimal too:)
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
My post wasn't serious, but I have to say, I love our only guilded level 70 paladin, he brings a wealth of new abilities that help me do my job and let others do theirs, while filling many himself. I'm also enjoying leveling my blood knight and looking forward to Outland 5 manning with him.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
Quote:Real warriors don't need Shoulderguards of the Bold.:)

I'm still tanking in axe shoulders, myself:(
--Mav
Quote:Not always a good thing. I remember a wipe caused by a fear reflect. Funny to look back on, but it was already a frustrating start to Steamvault...
I dunno, I found it fairly hilarious at the time. :P

Seriously though, cheers to all you warriors taking one (hell, hundreds) for the good of your guilds. I wish I had it in me to be there with you, but for the moment I'll simply cheer you on, as I don't.

Cheers,
~Frag B)
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:Cheer up! I got them on my first run!

:o

take care
Tarabulus

P.S.: And boy do they look like crap...

I got mine on the second Murmur kill, and they've dropped every time since.

I, however, think they look quite nice:)
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
What do you mean by "no paladins" for blessing of kings?
Raz
Quote:What do you mean by "no paladins" for blessing of kings?
He means the folks who had been playing paladins aren't really playing them anymore with the group he raids with. Well, he's got -his- pally, but he can't really use his pally to bless his warrior.
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:What do you mean by "no paladins" for blessing of kings?

We're running with a pretty set crew in a alliance of guilds. There are a handful of level 70 paladins who have been snatched up by other raiding crews with none left over for our mismatched crew of 2 feral druids, 2 warlocks, 2 priests, a rogue, a mage, a warrior and a rotating last spot that has been filled by hunter, rogue, mage and shaman.:)
Quote:I'm still tanking in axe shoulders, myself:(

Never got those either.:)
Quote:Never got those either.:)

I've only got 6 pieces left that I haven't found a blue or green upgrade for yet, on my tanking gear. DPS gear is *all* replaced.

However, I haven't instanced near as much as you have yet, so, my time will come. I'm basically splitting my time between Uldum (Alliance) and Terenas (Horde), and having a blast doing so.

--Mav
Add in the King's Defender from the Chess event (finally no pally loot!) to replace Grom'tor's Charge that I got on friday. Glad I didn't enchant either the sword or axe with agility. Mongoose went on the Defender.:)
Gratz on the sword!

I pretty much counted on it being in the chest last week, after I spent an entire day getting ganked doing the quest for Gromtor's:)

Of course the silly chest dispensed the druid healing boots, in the one raid where our happy Tree could not join. Evul. The other pair of boots just made our epyxx hunter more epyxx.

My time will come!

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Tal,

On last night's kill, you didn't have a Flask and as usual, we didn't have a Paladin. Were you using Ironshield potions? You said you didn't even burn your Shield Wall. O.o

I think the lowest you got at one point was -12500 health, which was just fine for the healer crew. *flex* Other than the first attempt where you got enfeebled at the start of Phase 2 (WTF?), it was pretty smooth. Did you have any gear upgrades from the week before where you had Flasked for the first kill?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Tal,

On last night's kill, you didn't have a Flask and as usual, we didn't have a Paladin. Were you using Ironshield potions? You said you didn't even burn your Shield Wall. O.o

I think the lowest you got at one point was -12500 health, which was just fine for the healer crew. *flex* Other than the first attempt where you got enfeebled at the start of Phase 2 (WTF?), it was pretty smooth. Did you have any gear upgrades from the week before where you had Flasked for the first kill?

-Bolty

No stoneshield potions (didn't use them because I was so intent on keeping shield block, thunderclap and demo up on him and on top of the dps for the fight) and the only equipment "change" was the mongoose enchant on my King's defender. Even the buffs I used weren't off that much. I used the +30 stamina crawdad from Lochnar but not the Elixir of Mastery or the armor pots from previous attempts. I did use last stand right at the beginning when I got whalloped hard though.
EDIT: Removing this since apparently some people enjoy flogging the corpses of horses.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:We parked him not far from the doorway that you use to enter his little section of hell. You do run the risk of having to soft reset or "fix" him if he leashes too far into the hallway during a wipe (easiest way to avoid this, don't wipe:)), but this way allows your healers and ranged DPS to stand halfway down the hall, well out of range of both hellfires and shadow nova and just plaster him. Melee DPS can run to where the casters are to escape shadow nova during an enfeeble (supposedly it's LOS based and you can just run a little ways into the hallway), and because everyone is in a very small area, it's not hard to heal people getting beat on by the axes.
Congratulations on your exploit kill. Let me know when you kill him the real way.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
:rolleyes:

Way to turn an interesting encounter into some crap you could find in MC.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:We successfully downed him last night, without much in the way of consumables (our mages and elemental shammy had an Adept's Elixir.)

We parked him not far from the doorway that you use to enter his little section of hell. You do run the risk of having to soft reset or "fix" him if he leashes too far into the hallway during a wipe (easiest way to avoid this, don't wipe:)), but this way allows your healers and ranged DPS to stand halfway down the hall, well out of range of both hellfires and shadow nova and just plaster him. Melee DPS can run to where the casters are to escape shadow nova during an enfeeble (supposedly it's LOS based and you can just run a little ways into the hallway), and because everyone is in a very small area, it's not hard to heal people getting beat on by the axes.

You know... I would think the Lounge would be the last place you'd admit to killing Malchezaar this way.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:Congratulations on your exploit kill. Let me know when you kill him the real way.

-Bolty

Out of curiousity, is this encounter/strategy similar to the standard Firemaw LOS strategy? You may have to excuse my limited perspective since I am not that far into Karazhan, but if the only issue here is tanking a mob with LOS AOE abilities near a doorway, I am curious what the difference is between the two fights.