2.3 PTR patch notes
Quote:In patch 2.3, Blizzard presents us with incontrovertial proof that cake > pie. It makes one Very Happy!

-Bolty

::shakes fist::

I still disagree!
Kalgan / Tom Chilton has a comment in the warrior forum in response to the Deathwish / Sweeping strikes uproar from raiding Fury warriors:

Quote:PTR isn't updated with the new version of weapon mastery yet. It's a straight 4% dodge reduction (in addition to the disarm duration reduction).

Both arms (33/28 blood frenzy) and Fury (17 / 44) will have to 'trade off' to get this talent, but it should be well worth it. We may start seeing raid Fury builds without impale now.

This, when combined with the WW change, should make up for the damage loss from deathwish moving for Fury, probably and then some. It renders the 2/5 T5 buff even less useful than it was before (which was pretty useless for raiding warriors anyway.)

Link to Kalgan's post:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...d=1&pageNo=3#47
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Until they have cheesecake with strawberry topping, nobody wins. Pie-like construction with fruity topping, YUMMY!!
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:In patch 2.3, Blizzard presents us with incontrovertial proof that cake > pie. It makes one Very Happy!

-Bolty

The cake is a lie!
Quote:The cake is a lie!
You beat me to it. Curse you to Hades.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:You beat me to it. Curse you to Hades.

Aha!

I got the Orange box after arm-twisting to play TF2 from my friends but decided to look at the rest first. I've played Portal through twice in succession and am now trying the bonus scenes. The gold medal requirements seem, um, challenging.
Quote:Both arms (33/28 blood frenzy) and Fury (17 / 44) will have to 'trade off' to get this talent, but it should be well worth it. We may start seeing raid Fury builds without impale now.

This doesn't make much sense to me. It's not really a sacrifice for arms to get it right now, and it's probably too deep for fury. I also don't see what it has to do with impale.... unless I missed the blue post where they were moving it up in the tree or something.

Edit: ok, so they did move it up and switch it to Fury.
The Season 3 vendor was put up last night in Area 52, so sites such as MMO Champion have data on the new gear. The Season 3 vendor was then removed by Blizzard on the PTR, apparently because she was causing server crashes.

Why?

See here. Actual footage inside the building in Area 52 on the PvP PTR.

The war rages on, stupidly, and without point...

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:The Season 3 vendor was put up last night in Area 52, so sites such as MMO Champion have data on the new gear. The Season 3 vendor was then removed by Blizzard on the PTR, apparently because she was causing server crashes.

Why?

See here. Actual footage inside the building in Area 52 on the PvP PTR.

The war rages on, stupidly, and without point...

-Bolty

I'm just damned glad there's no premades on PTR this time. Don't have to fight with 4 zillion free-epix people who only came to PTR for the premades.
--Mav
Warriors more or less dominate everyone equally when they're geared up. Shammies destroy Priests at all levels of gear in my experience:P
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:Warriors more or less dominate everyone equally when they're geared up. Shammies destroy Priests at all levels of gear in my experience:P

What an odd thing to say. You also must not know any good frost mages or ferals.
Quote:What an odd thing to say. You also must not know any good frost mages or ferals.

Being able to win duels is nice but neither of those is as valuable in Arena as a good Warrior.
Last night was fun. The S3 vendor was back, but was impossible to access due to the hundreds of people trying to get into the building, find her, and "shop" with her.

A GM appeared around 9:00 PM and started summoning bosses to clear out the crowd. First came Leotheras the Blind, then Al'ar, then Princess Huhuran, then Prince Malchezaar. I cut out at that point - people were calling for a C'Thun spawn, which I admit would have been amazing too see the beam damage totals as it spiked from player to player. Try to picture Prince Malchezaar standing in that little building - he didn't fit. It was pretty funny. Too bad he couldn't summon infernals.

This morning, the vendor is gone again. :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
That's funny, did they drop any loot? Did huhu go berzerk under 15%?
Quote:That's funny, did they drop any loot? Did huhu go berzerk under 15%?
It was way too laggy to tell wtf was going on.

-Bolty
Ripping off more data from the Elitist Jerks boards...

No longer elite:
Denizens of The Den in Stonetalon
Bugs in Silithus hives (now, this is a change that brings a tear to my eye)
Ziggurat Protectors in EPL
Borelgore
Duskwing
Hearthglen (Taelan, Lorik, Scarlet cavaliers still elite)
Ogres in Alterac Mountains (except Grel'borg the miser)
Jintha'Alor
Dun Garok
Stromgarde
Dun Modr & Direforge Hill
Mog'rosh Ogres
Ol'Sooty
Vagash
Stonewatch Keep except Gath'Ilzogg and Tharil'Zun (credits to Keline)
King Mukla (he also got changed to level 42, and all the other mobs on Jaguero Isle are 41)
Tethis, Sin'dall, Bhag'thera
Mosh'Ogg ogres
Colonel Kurzen
Elder Saltwater Crocolisks
Vile Reef
Tenants of the Defias tower in Westfall, except Klaven (I'm assuming the same changes were made to the barrens tower)
Everything in Tower of Ilgalar
Black dragonkin in Burning Steppes
Twilight mobs in Searing Gorge
Overseer Maltorius (and he no longer even has adds)
Obsidion
Mar'gol the Rager (also changed to 43 from 48)

Still elite:
Frostmaul giants in Winterspring
Dragonkin in Mazthoril
Cliff giants in Azshara
Giants in northwestern Feralas
Giants before Uldum gates
Blood Elves in Vector Coil on Bloodmyst
Tyr's Hand
Crimson Courier & her friends
Pyrewood Village
Sons of Arugal (they've been changed to level 21 though)
Old Icebeard
The sea giants in STV
King Bangalash
Trolls before Zul'Gurub
Mor'Ladim and Morbent Fel
Overmaster Pyron
Ambassador Infernus

The new level ranges of mobs in dungeons:
Blackfathom deeps - 22-24 (was 22-28)
Wailing Caverns - looks like 18-20, haven't seen Mutanus
Maraudon - 42-48 (Vyletongue - 44, Noxxion - 47, Princess - 48) (was 42-51)
Razorfen Downs - 34-37 (was 34-41)
Razorfen Kraul - 24-27 (was 24-31); no idea if the stupidly high quest level requirements were changed
Zul'Farrak - 43-46 (was 43-48) - I didn't check the level of the chief, assuming it's still the same as Antu'sul's
Shadowfang Keep - 18-21 (was 18-26)
Gnomeregan - 25-28 (was 25-34)
Sunken Temple - 47-50 (was 47-55)
Deadmines - 17-20 (was 17-21) (VanCleef go changed to 20, not much changes otherwise)
The Stockades - 23-25 (was 23-29)
Blackrock Depths - 48-56 (Incendius - 53, Angerforge - 55, Emperor - 56) (was 48-59)
Uldaman - 35-? - I couldn't check the level of Archaedas due to locked doors, but Grimlok is 40 from 45 (was 35-47)

-Bolty
Quote:Uldaman - 35-? - I couldn't check the level of Archaedas due to locked doors, but Grimlok is 40 from 45 (was 35-47)

Wasn't Archaedas a 'boss' mob? I'd imagine he could be left that way.
Quote:Ripping off more data from the Elitist Jerks boards...

No longer elite:
Jintha'Alor
Stromgarde
Mog'rosh Ogres

Absolutely huge for levelling. I've never done the Stromgarde quests simply because there was either never anyone in my level range or the place was deserted. Same with the STV Ogres. By the time I could get a group together for the Hinterlands elite stuff I was generally overlevelled.

Re: the instances, I took my rogue through RFK on the PTR and was still getting green BoP drops from a few of the subbosses. I thought they fixed that?
Quote:Wasn't Archaedas a 'boss' mob? I'd imagine he could be left that way.

He hasn't been a boss mob for a really long time. He is presently 47 or 48 depending on your luck with the pRNG.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:Dun Modr & Direforge Hill

I wonder if they lowered the level on these guys as well along with quest for Kam Deepfury in Stockade (you had to do Dark Iron War to get the quest to kill Kam Deepfury). It will be interesting to see if they swapped around quest lines at all like maybe making Kam Deepfury be the pre-requisite for Dark Iron War instead of vice versa the way it is now.

Also, I wonder what has happened to SM, I've heard tidbits here and there (like Doan being level 31), but nothing concrete as yet.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.