2.3 PTR patch notes
(Quotes taken from MMO-Champion.)
Quote:Heart of the Wild: This talent no longer provides 4/8/12/16/20% bonus Strength in Cat Form. Instead it provides 2/4/6/8/10% bonus attack power.
An interesting way to side step some of the itemization problems feral druids were having, assuming the changes to FAP will offset the loss of AP. Hopefully nurturing instinct will receive a similar change.
Quote:(NEW SPELL) Ritual of Refreshment available on trainers at level 70.
Yay!
Quote:Portal Spells: Portal spells to capital cities can no longer be cast in battlegrounds.
Hehe, I guess enough people "helped summon" for this change to go live. Good thing really.

The daily quests sound interesting, particularly the 5 man ones. I wonder if they target a specific instance, like Botanica, or a whole cluster like Tempest Keep?
Quote:Auchindoun: Sethekk Halls

* Mobs inside Sethekk Halls will now continue to award Lower City reputation into Exalted.
Interesting. I might not die a little inside everytime I remember I need to rep. up 3 toons with the Lower City.
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Quote:http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...288042225&sid=1
Aw, man, this is going to break my UI so hard. :o

The Ritual of Refreshment (/roflmao) will be nice.
Terenas (pst !enchant <keywords> or !craft <keywords> to any of my characters)
Shimoyake 375 SW Tailor / 375 Enchanter (Exalted w/ Scryer, CE, Sha'tar, Thrallmar, LC, VE; Revered w/ KoT)
[Image: 551160rumOC.png]
Shikigami 375 SW Tailor / 375 Skinner (Honored w/ Aldor)
[Image: 551176xgSAM.png]
Kosokoso 375 Alchemist / 375 Herbalist (Revered with CE)
[Image: 551190IuloU.png]
et alts
Quote:Hehe, I guess enough people "helped summon" for this change to go live. Good thing really.

This change actually makes me sad...it weeded out the idiots pretty effectively...
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:This change actually makes me sad...it weeded out the idiots pretty effectively...

You mean after I reported them because they'd be on a 3 hour ban?

One put a portal on the zone in spot and as the graphics were loaded I instinctively hit forward and right clicked to turn myself. Woe be me when the portal graphic finished loading, but it was too late.

Even before that incident I reported anyone trying to intentionally grief people like that. I'm a little apalled that any Lurker would even consider such obvious attempts at griefing a good thing.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:You mean after I reported them because they'd be on a 3 hour ban?

One put a portal on the zone in spot and as the graphics were loaded I instinctively hit forward and right clicked to turn myself. Woe be me when the portal graphic finished loading, but it was too late.

Even before that incident I reported anyone trying to intentionally grief people like that. I'm a little apalled that any Lurker would even consider such obvious attempts at griefing a good thing.

They were funny. It never got old, watching a Mage open a portal to Silvermoon and watching six or seven morons clicking the portal after he asks for help summoning (why would you be summoning someone before the game even starts?)

That it was just bad luck for you doesn't mean you should report the guy and get him banned:(
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Chastise is:

0.5 second cast
20 yard range
30 second cooldown

Rank 1: Level 20, costs 50 mana, 47-53 holy damage.
Rank 2: Level 30, costs 100 mana, 93-107 holy damage.
Rank 3: Level 40, costs 135 mana, 139-161 holy damage.
Rank 4: Level 50, costs 180 mana, 209-241 holy damage.
Rank 5: Level 60, costs 225 mana, 278-322 holy damage.
Rank 6: Level 70, costs 300 mana, 370-430 holy damage.

Oh, it's GOOD to be a Dwarf, baby. Who wants some of this? *flex*

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Chastise is:

-Bolty

Chastise me baby. Chastise me REAL GOOD.
Quote:You mean after I reported them because they'd be on a 3 hour ban?

For the most part it told you who was paying attention and who wasn't. The times I've seen it a Mage just put up a portal and didn't say a thing and people just ran up and clicked it cause they thought it was a soul well and didn't pay attention to the graphic at all. Now, telling someone to click it to summons can be seen as bad form, but it also says that the person isn't paying attention. Setting up a portal where people would be using the right mouse button for mouse look is bad, I agree there, but when the portal was placed near the cave entrance, people just weren't paying attention.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

0.5 second cast
20 yard range
30 second cooldown

Rank 1: Level 20, costs 50 mana, 47-53 holy damage.
Rank 2: Level 30, costs 100 mana, 93-107 holy damage.
Rank 3: Level 40, costs 135 mana, 139-161 holy damage.
Rank 4: Level 50, costs 180 mana, 209-241 holy damage.
Rank 5: Level 60, costs 225 mana, 278-322 holy damage.
Rank 6: Level 70, costs 300 mana, 370-430 holy damage.

-Bolty

You're going to have to macro that...

/s You're behavior will not be tolerated!
/cast chastise

0.5 second cast
20 yard range
30 second cooldown

Does it work on all targets, or just on humanoids or somesuch?
Disarming Shot. :(

So now as a Mutilate Rogue you should absolutely fear Warriors and Combat Rogues, and watch Hunters prevent you from actually finishing off any target.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:Disarming Shot. :(

So now as a Mutilate Rogue you should absolutely fear Warriors and Combat Rogues, and watch Hunters prevent you from actually finishing off any target.

Hey, I'm all for Disarming Shot. Now, if only I were still playing...:)
Quote:For the most part it told you who was paying attention and who wasn't. The times I've seen it a Mage just put up a portal and didn't say a thing and people just ran up and clicked it cause they thought it was a soul well and didn't pay attention to the graphic at all. Now, telling someone to click it to summons can be seen as bad form, but it also says that the person isn't paying attention. Setting up a portal where people would be using the right mouse button for mouse look is bad, I agree there, but when the portal was placed near the cave entrance, people just weren't paying attention.

Everytime I've seen it used was when a partial premade was in AV and wanted more people from their raid inside AV.

Warlock summons soulwell very close to the mage portal and someone does a "/s help summon".

People were using this maliciously on a regular basis... it's a very good change.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Quote:They were funny. It never got old, watching a Mage open a portal to Silvermoon and watching six or seven morons clicking the portal after he asks for help summoning (why would you be summoning someone before the game even starts?)

That it was just bad luck for you doesn't mean you should report the guy and get him banned:(

It's no different from mind controlling someone out of the portal to get them a deserter debuff (which was actionable when portals were there).

If it didn't give someone a 15 minute duration debuff, well, who really cares, you jump right back in queue.
Has anyone gotten onto the PTR yet? I'd like to know that Slikk's Cloak of Placation looks like given the look of the heroic plate. O.o
Quote:You're going to have to macro that...

/s You're behavior will not be tolerated!
/cast chastise
Cast out your corrupt thoughts!

OMG, it just got better (or worse, depending on your point of view):

Chastise isn't on the global cooldown - it's independent of it.

ZOMG

Can I haev 2.3 now pleez?

Also, did anyone else catch the change to Starshards yet? If it stands how it is, Night Elves are a HOT choice (pun intended) for raiding shadow priests. A zero-mana extra DoT that does significant damage because it should get the full coefficient of +dmg...

Some Zul'Aman time trial information ripped from EJ:

Quote:When you enter the instance, you can start an event by talking to a NPC called "Harisson John". A 20 minutes countdown will start, the first boss will yell ... guess what ? You've got 20 minutes to kill him.

Kill order (If you're not doing the event, you don't have to kill them in this order)
1. Nalorakk (Bear god)
2. Akil'zon (Eagle god)
3. Jan'alai (Dragonhawk god)
4. Halazzi (Lynx god)
5. Malacrass (Big warlock troll)
6. Zul'jin (Bad guy, maybe there is another boss before him, not sure)

Best case
If you kill the boss in time, you will free a prisonner and get an epic loot as a reward. (The prisoner will open a chest or some kind of other container, a bit like Majordomo).
Once the boss is killed, you get 20 more minutes to kill the next one, and 20 more minutes after the 2nd kill, etc ...

Worst case
If you wipe on a boss, you can't try it again before the end of the timer, it won't respawn.
Also, if you fail the event at some point, you won't get the 20 minutes countdown back after the kill. If you couldn't kill the first boss in time, you won't get any of the "bonus" loot for the following bosses.
This is really well-done. First you learn the first boss, and then for future runs, you work on beating it in 20 minutes. This can be worked on while you're learning the second boss, and so on. Eventually the goal will be to beat the whole place in 120 minutes, so you can bump chests with each other, roar, yell "THIS IS SPARTA!" etc, and display your e-peen far and wide. :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Also, did anyone else catch the change to Starshards yet? If it stands how it is, Night Elves are a HOT choice (pun intended) for raiding shadow priests. A zero-mana extra DoT that does significant damage because it should get the full coefficient of +dmg...

Yes I noticed, yes indeed...finally the NE racials got buffed to be useful instead of being toys.

Quote:Also, did anyone else catch the change to Starshards yet? If it stands how it is, Night Elves are a HOT choice (pun intended) for raiding shadow priests. A zero-mana extra DoT that does significant damage because it should get the full coefficient of +dmg...

785 damage over 15 seconds, 30 second cooldown

assuming around 600 +damage it's a little under 50 DPS if it lasts the full duration.
Quote:Has anyone gotten onto the PTR yet? I'd like to know that Slikk's Cloak of Placation looks like given the look of the heroic plate. O.o
I have Cleoboltra on the PvP PTR (renamed as Bolty). Here's the cloak on her in the dressing room:

[Image: wow118.jpg]

Also, some other shots! Here's the effect of the new +dmg mechanics on healing gear for Cleo's PvP rig. Normally she has +44 spelldamage, now she's got...

[Image: wow116.jpg]

This will make a very nice PvP boost, basically doubling her mind blast damage if a target got low and she had a chance to help.

Also, do you think people are interested in the new badge rewards a LITTLE? Check out the mob scene at the vendor...

[Image: wow117.jpg]

-Bolty

Just more proof that Blizz hates the Horde. :angry: Look at my stupid racials: Devouring Plague: 1145 mana for 1216 base damage over 24 seconds. Sure it heals me for 100% of the damage, but how useful is that in a raid, really? If I could target a party member and have the plague put on their target and have it heal my target, that might be useful. I can't waste 12% of my mana pool on that crap. But a three minute cooldown in addition? Stupid undead priest racials.

Where's the QQ smiley?:(
Terenas (pst !enchant <keywords> or !craft <keywords> to any of my characters)
Shimoyake 375 SW Tailor / 375 Enchanter (Exalted w/ Scryer, CE, Sha'tar, Thrallmar, LC, VE; Revered w/ KoT)
[Image: 551160rumOC.png]
Shikigami 375 SW Tailor / 375 Skinner (Honored w/ Aldor)
[Image: 551176xgSAM.png]
Kosokoso 375 Alchemist / 375 Herbalist (Revered with CE)
[Image: 551190IuloU.png]
et alts