2.3 PTR patch notes

No more deadzone for hunters, and from testing with my warrior, probably not for any bow/gun/throwing weap users.
--Mav
Early reports are saying that the minimum range has been taken down to 4 yards, and hunter melee has been reduced to 3. Conflicts arise from there, as folks can't seem to decide if this is a hunter only change or a melee entire change. Seems to fall about 50/50 on either side.

Certainly an interesting change.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:Early reports are saying that the minimum range has been taken down to 4 yards, and hunter melee has been reduced to 3. Conflicts arise from there, as folks can't seem to decide if this is a hunter only change or a melee entire change. Seems to fall about 50/50 on either side.

If it's all melee, quite honestly, it might kill all desire for me to play again. Bad enough with the current range that I constantly get "out of range" when I'm right on top of someone due to desync.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:Absolutely huge for levelling. I've never done the Stromgarde quests simply because there was either never anyone in my level range or the place was deserted. Same with the STV Ogres. By the time I could get a group together for the Hinterlands elite stuff I was generally overlevelled.

Re: the instances, I took my rogue through RFK on the PTR and was still getting green BoP drops from a few of the subbosses. I thought they fixed that?
Stromgarde was always an absolute pain in the friggin' ass to quest in from the Horde perspective on my server. It was never an issue of gathering up a party to actually tackle the place, but rather the roaming parties of level 50+ Alliance morons running around annihilating the lower-levelled Horde parties, often in places where ressing after a corpse run would be extremely problematic.

And one you're back alive, dodged the respawning elites, and regrouped, the Alliance party would be right back with you.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:Early reports are saying that the minimum range has been taken down to 4 yards, and hunter melee has been reduced to 3. Conflicts arise from there, as folks can't seem to decide if this is a hunter only change or a melee entire change. Seems to fall about 50/50 on either side.

Well, Mirajj, you can literally shoot something, let it come to you, hit you to activate your defensive pet, take a step back out of melee range, and shoot.

--Mav
Quote:Well, Mirajj, you can literally shoot something, let it come to you, hit you to activate your defensive pet, take a step back out of melee range, and shoot.

Why would I do that? I like to keep stuff at range from me.;)I can send my pet after them before they get to me. And what's to prevent them from continuing to take steps forward to my steps back?;)

It does sound like they've bungled this one, though. That's a bit nuts. My personal feeling was that having melee range at 5 yards, and min ranged at 5.5 to 6 would be 'right'. But since when has Blizz ever listened to me.;)
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:Why would I do that? I like to keep stuff at range from me.;)I can send my pet after them before they get to me. And what's to prevent them from continuing to take steps forward to my steps back?;)

It does sound like they've bungled this one, though. That's a bit nuts. My personal feeling was that having melee range at 5 yards, and min ranged at 5.5 to 6 would be 'right'. But since when has Blizz ever listened to me.;)

Oh, I don't *do it that way*, as I like to keep them away from me, too, but, I was just using that as an example of only needing to step back out of melee, and did that a few times last night to test just how far I needed to step back once the pet grabbed it. I'm leveling a hunter on PTR for quick ezmode testing of the new leveling changes 20-60. Nothing solo-levels like a hunter.:D

--Mav
"Hemo debuff increased to +36 damage at the cost of charges"

I love this change. Last night I had a chance to log onto the PTR and test the effects of this change on pvp and dueling and I daresay that hemo is finally competitive in high end arena. Whereas before other classes could effectively tank hemo rogues because of their lackluster damage output this change makes doing so a lot less viable. This change combined with the previous changes to the subtlety tree are making me very excited about season 3 combat/hemo build in arenas.

This change also to some extent solves the rogue mobility problem. Rogues will still be quite terrible in long matches, but with 1.5 minute blind two vanishes and two sprints perhaps the problem will not be so glaring.

Honestly I'll take anything to break up the monotony that is combat/assassination 20/41 (or variant thereof) combat mace spec.

MaxPower#1485 60 SC Barb/32 HC Witch Doctor/22 HC Wizard/17 HC Demon Hunter
Quote:If it's all melee, quite honestly, it might kill all desire for me to play again. Bad enough with the current range that I constantly get "out of range" when I'm right on top of someone due to desync.

"You are facing the wrong way."

"You must be behind your target."

^_^
Quote:"You are facing the wrong way."

"You must be behind your target."

^_^
Personally, I love backstabbing people when I'm three feet in front of them.:)

Also, heroic keys only require honoured on PTR. According to MMO-Champion it's an intended change. Yay for my rogue alt, and everyone else's as well I guess.

Haven't seen it personally, but again MMO is reporting that aimed shot now applies a mortal strike affect. Healing reduced by 50%, lasts 10 seconds. Very nice (arena) buff.
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Is there any reason for a bank alt not to be in their own guild now? I forsee a crap ton of new guilds "Bob's bank".
I suppose if you really had that much unbound stuff... I guess it would let me consolidate everything onto one bank alt instead of two. Granted, some people may keep a lot more inventory around:)

My problem is one of a full bank/inventory of stuff that's all soulbound, which cannot be transferred to an alt, unfortunately...

Now if only I could afford a full complement of 20-slotters. WTB 28-slot armour bags...
Onyxia:
Kichebo - 85 NE Druid

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Quote:Is there any reason for a bank alt not to be in their own guild now? I forsee a crap ton of new guilds "Bob's bank".

How expensive are the additional guild bank tabs?
<span style="color:red">Terenas (PvE)
Xarhud: Lvl 80 Undead Priest
Meltok: Lvl 70 Undead Mage
Ishila: Lvl 31 Tauren Druid
Tynaria: Lvl 66 Blood Elf Rogue
Quote:If it's all melee, quite honestly, it might kill all desire for me to play again. Bad enough with the current range that I constantly get "out of range" when I'm right on top of someone due to desync.

Melee range has not been changed. Take a look at post 43 , the guy did some work and found that there is no change. What people are more likely seeing is a change in hitbox size as it appears that Blizzard has shrank the hit box on some mobs that were too large for the mob itself and are thinking that melee range has shrunk.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:How expensive are the additional guild bank tabs?

From MMO Champion:

Quote:Guild banks are available in most capital cities (including Scryers and Aldor banks) ! Each tab can contain 98 items and you can purchase up to 6 of them.
1st tab : 1 gold
2nd tab : 10 gold
3rd tab : 100 gold
4th tab : 1 000 gold
5th tab : 5 000 gold
6th tab : 10 000 gold

This means it'd make a hell of a lot more sense for a guild to just create an alt guild (like the "Bob's Bank" example) for a few more tabs than it would to purchase a 4th, 5th, and 6th tab.
See you in Town,
-Z
Heroic instances only require honored, not revered:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...ageNo=1&sid=1#1

Happy news for alts.
Well 10k gold is only 200-300g a person, depending on the size of the guild. I *believe* the point of having different tabs is that you can have different permissions on different tabs - only leaders can check out hearts of darkness, class leads can get marks of illadari, and anybody can grab a random stack of rugged leather that gets donated.
Quote:Well 10k gold is only 200-300g a person, depending on the size of the guild. I *believe* the point of having different tabs is that you can have different permissions on different tabs - only leaders can check out hearts of darkness, class leads can get marks of illadari, and anybody can grab a random stack of rugged leather that gets donated.

Permissions are via tabs for withdrawl and deposit, yes. I've set up a guild bank on the PTR just messing with stuff briefly.

You could do something like.

Tab 1.
Newbs - Can view it
Veterans - Can view it, deposit, and withdraw 1 item/stack a day
Officers - Can view it, deposit, withdraw 5 items/stacks a day
Guild leader - Can view it, deposit, unlimited withdrawls

Tab 2:
Newbs - Can view it and deposit
Veterans - Can view it, can't deposit, unlimited withdrawls.
Officers - Can't view it
Guild Leader - Can view it, deposit, 1 withdrawl a day.

Or whatever you want within the limited system. But each guild rank can have different rights per tab.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
The new battleground daily quests will require you to win at a particular battleground for that day. Doing so nets you 2000 honor, some gold, and three extra marks for that battleground.

Obviously this helps with the grind, but it also has the side effect of actually encouraging players to try to win and put some soul back into the horribly soul-sucking battleground honor system.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:The new battleground daily quests will require you to win at a particular battleground for that day. Doing so nets you 2000 honor, some gold, and three extra marks for that battleground.

I wonder if you didn't get a chance to complete the daily quest for that particular day, say Thursday for example, and complete it the next day, will you receive the reward or have to drop it and restart that quest the next day?

[Image: 526570sDGCk.png]
[Image: 1352309oVlWE.png]