2.3 PTR patch notes
Quote:2) Focused Will sucks. Blizzard hasn't thought it through. For one thing, reports are that it doesn't proc off of white hits like the other Priest defensive talents do (Blessed Resilience, Blessed Recovery, Martyrdom). Secondly, its effect is silly. The cap of reduction of crit damage is ~25% (493 resilience), so a talent that reduces crit damage by 30% does nothing. If you're geared for PvP, you already are at or near the cap as a Priest in order to survive more than 6 seconds against a Warrior or Rogue.

That cap is most likely Resilience-specific.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Apparently Focused Will is going to be changed. The aim is still for a talent that aids survival, and will be an alternative to the resilience talent in the Holy tree.

Also, the daily pvp quests are supposed to award 400 honor not 4000.

Chris
Quote:- Hardware sound is back! Yeesh, thank goodness.

After reading more stuff about the spat between Creative Labs and Microsoft when it came to Vista and DX10 (basically, DX10 ripped apart hardware sound), I can't say it's a good thing. Apparently hardware sound is the leading cause of instability in systems.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:Also, the daily pvp quests are supposed to award 400 honor not 4000.

Back to AV farming, then, considering how the honour there will be significantly decreased in 2.3.
Quote:Back to AV farming, then, considering how the honour there will be significantly decreased in 2.3.

Not necessarily:

Blue quote:
Quote:There's a lot of concern that AV isn't providing as much honor as it is on live due to the changes on the PTR. Some changes have already gone in but we're still keeping track of and willing to make additional changes. We want the time/honor ratio of AV to be as close to what it is now as possible, and if it looks like that's not the case even after bumping the honor and decreasing the amount of resources then we'll make additional changes.

I think they are trying to redesign it to make AV more PvP-centric and reduce the benefit of AFKing, but keep the time-to-honor (for active participants) similar.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:Not necessarily:

Blue quote:
I think they are trying to redesign it to make AV more PvP-centric and reduce the benefit of AFKing, but keep the time-to-honor (for active participants) similar.
Then, if Blizzard's keeping the gain rate in mind, then I'm a happy camper.