D3's difficulties get CNN coverage - again.
(07-13-2012, 11:14 PM)RedRadical Wrote: everyone here COMBINED even said Inferno is nothing more than a tedious gear check - there is little skill involved. So save your "Red is inferior to us" attitude please, ok? Thank you.

No, I think it's been pretty much only you that has said that Inferno is *only* a gearcheck. I think most people would agree that you have to know how to play your class in addition to having sufficient gear. But I guess if you buy enough gear off the RMAH, you can probably get by without knowing how to play your class, too.
Well, I have bought ONE piece of gear on the RMAH. ONE, and that is because I had zero luck being able to purchase a better one on the GAH, or have one drop for me in doing hundreds of Butcher runs. And I am further along than most here, am I not? So, I would venture to say I know something about playing my class. But I digress.....gear > skill on Inferno, its really not even up for debate.

Again, one of the most wealthy players on the entire game who beat Inferno very early on, agrees with me. *shrugs*
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
(07-13-2012, 11:34 PM)RedRadical Wrote: Again, one of the most wealthy players on the entire game who beat Inferno very early on, agrees with me. *shrugs*

So two players can say what 'the majority' thinks about the game?

Blizzard knows who's playing, and how they're playing. They know who the majority is, no matter what the forum looks like. They'll take care of the set of people that matches their own best interest; i.e. the largest. If you're not in that set of people, you won't care for it, but, that won't mean that Blizzard is wrong. Just that they didn't wish to build the game around what you wanted. It may take them a couple iterations to get it done, but they will. I'm I'm not in that set of people, I'll just shrug and move on, rather than rant all over the forums about breaking devs' necks or any other stupid, juvenile crap like that.
--Mav
(07-13-2012, 11:34 PM)RedRadical Wrote: Well, I have bought ONE piece of gear on the RMAH. ONE, and that is because I had zero luck being able to purchase a better one on the GAH, or have one drop for me in doing hundreds of Butcher runs. And I am further along than most here, am I not? So, I would venture to say I know something about playing my class. But I digress.....gear > skill on Inferno, its really not even up for debate.

Again, one of the most wealthy players on the entire game who beat Inferno very early on, agrees with me. *shrugs*

I don't disagree with you that gear > skill atm, but MJ is right that you never really put forth any help questions about gameplay.

Also, not that I object to RMAH buying, but that is generally a poor option for advancing from what I saw. For example, did the weapon (I hope it was a weapon) have a socket, LOH, or crit hit?
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
(07-13-2012, 09:32 PM)RedRadical Wrote: Mhm, we will see how much chuckling you do when you are in A3 Inferno. I've seen so far you have completed A1 only....which is a cake walk compared to A3 or even A2. And looking at your items, I very much doubt you found most of those yourself - it is easy to tell you have used the AH extensively, and with only 48 hours logged on that char, I will know you are lying if you say otherwise. I'd even venture to say that it is probable you have made more purchases on the RMAH than I have (And certainly the GAH just as much) - since A). the items you have would cost much more in gold that would require MUCH more time spent farming than only 48 hours of playing time would net you, B). because the drop rates on ilvl 62-63 items with the kind of stats on your gear are astronomically low, and on MY gear, the odds are even lower, and C.) My WD has slightly more hours of time logged than yours, somewhat lesser gear than yours, though mine granted hasn't used the RMAH at all (but has used the GAH a fair bit). Of course, I could be totally wrong, and you could be a complete statistical outlier that just got really lucky and found all that gear in a short amount of time, but I highly doubt it. So, you are really in no place to do any laughing my friend. And I promise you come A3, you REALLY won't be doing any laughing then, especially if you try with the gear you have on now. My guess is you are somewhere in the first half of A2, and finding it a bit rough, am I correct?

I've made it pretty clear that I love the AH, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I bought every single piece of my gear on there. Every single piece cost less than 100k other than my weapon & offhand (200k & 300k, respectively). You & I are tied for RMAH purchases- I bought something and flipped it, making 3x what I paid for it. Good gear is really not as expensive as you make it out to be.

I was laughing because you claim you were literally forced to buy something on the RMAH, and that just seems hilarious to me. I picture bulky guys in blue shirts coming to your house, tying you to a chair and coercing your Paypal info out of you, then holding you down while one of them forces your hand to move your mouse and click 'buyout', all while you're screaming bloody murder.

You're right, I can't speak to the difficulty of A3 because I haven't been there. I have been deep into A2 though, and I can honestly say that all of my deaths have been due to stupidity on my part and could have been avoided with smarter play. I don't care if I ever DO get to Act 3 or 4, I've had a hard enough time focusing on one character long enough to get to A2 Inferno. If it's too hard, I'll just do something else. I can only play a few hours each evening if that, so by the time I get to your /played time, I'll be 3 years into the game. Which is about 2 years 11 months longer than most games last me. I'd say I got my money's worth. Smile

I still think you need to step away from the game and/or forums for awhile. Having that much "passion" about a videogame is unhealthy.
(07-14-2012, 12:58 AM)RTM Wrote: I still think you need to step away from the game and/or forums for awhile. Having that much "passion" about a videogame is unhealthy.

Red, you're quickly moving away from the "I don't like the game, and here's why" category to the "I identify my purpose as hating the game, and trying to convince everyone else that the game is terrible, so I will continue to post the same talking points on a game's fan forum until I can convince someone of my position or just troll them."

It's time to move on. It's becoming pathological here. If you don't like the game, fine, you've stated why and made your point a large number of times. Leave the place to those who do like it, I as have. We'll find something else to do, like Torchlight II or something. Smile
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(07-10-2012, 08:08 PM)Jester Wrote:
(07-10-2012, 06:46 PM)ViralSpiral Wrote: Interesting that things have gone this far. How the mighty have fallen.
Is it just me, or have gamers become spoiled, entitled little brats?
Are we becoming impossible to please? Or am I just noticing it more?
-Jester
Yes to both.
(07-11-2012, 03:18 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: I don't ever remember asking for ... snip to And there we come back around to what gamers did say.
Beautiful post, my old friend. Very well said.
(07-11-2012, 07:05 PM)ViralSpiral Wrote: What amuses me is the amount of overt hostility and snippiness on these forums which was rarely a trait of the old days, except when we had a flood of goofballs during the LoD beta.
I think your memory fails you somewhat, given the number of folks I chided or flamed back in days of old ...
I occasionally got some guidance from Bolty or Gris, advising me to back off.
Gee, that even happened here somewhat recently.
(07-11-2012, 11:01 PM)Hammerskjold Wrote:
(07-11-2012, 10:28 PM)RedRadical Wrote: And you are making a tool of yourself. Because everything Blizz says is the gospel, right? Rolleyes Speak for your fucking self before calling anyone else an idiot homie.
Occhi Wrote:Griselda wept. Huh
Yeesh. This is why we can't have nice things.
Yep.
Quote:LMAO. Woe is me, I'm shaking in my boots. I guess I'm supposed to put my caring face on now, right? My bad... Report it, copy and paste it, hell, take a freaking picture if you like and hang it on your wall, I couldn't care less. You seriously can't be any older than 7 - and thats being generous......"waaaaaaaaahhhhh, Red you are so mean, I'm telling my mommy on you!!!!". Loser. You have much growing up to do, podna^^
This is known as an own goal, in some circles.
(07-12-2012, 11:38 AM)MongoJerry Wrote: What's interesting is that Diamond Skin can also be cast while you are feared by Nightmarish. I haven't tested Mirror Images with Nightmarish, yet, but I suspect that since it breaks other cc's that it also breaks Nightmarish.
Look forward to MJ's battle report! Strat!
(07-12-2012, 07:35 PM)Mavfin Wrote: I see one set of people in agreement, and another set mostly not in agreement. One is more visible, because the ones not in agreement are spending more time playing the game, rather than sitting on forums. (I'm at work, that's why I'm on here.)
And another "I busted myself" kind of "own goal" arrives, on schedule. :-)
(07-13-2012, 07:29 PM)RedRadical Wrote: Amazon isn't the reason the game failed. The reason the game failed, is because the game is very flawed, and the endgame in particular, sucks.
The game is young yet.

I hope you recall how long a period of time Starcraft I kept itself in popular play. One patch at a time a variety of balance and bug issues slowly but surely got fixed. I suspect Blizz is not only capable of doing the same with D III, but intends to do just that. Note, however, the care they took, and how they didn't rush patches, even though the fan base kept kvetching away about it.

Hang in there, Red, and remember that old line from Kung Fu:
Patience, Grashopper.
(07-13-2012, 11:34 PM)RedRadical Wrote: Well, I have bought ONE piece of gear on the RMAH. ONE, and that is because I had zero luck being able to purchase a better one on the GAH, or have one drop for me in doing hundreds of Butcher runs.
Red, this reminds me of that fellow who was a cattle rancher. For years, he ranched cattle, sold his cattle, beef, a bit of milk, did breeding, and was generally an upstanding citizen.

But, as he reminisced bitterly into a beer one fine evening at the local saloon ..

"You go and screw one goat, and what to people remember?"
Quote:
(Bolty)
Red ... snip ...
It's time to move on. It's becoming pathological here. If you don't like the game, fine, you've stated why and made your point a large number of times. Leave the place to those who do like it, I as have. We'll find something else to do, like Torchlight II or something. Smile
Bolty, have you hung up your spikes? Sad
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
(07-18-2012, 12:20 AM)Occhidiangela Wrote: Bolty, have you hung up your spikes? Sad

With Diablo 3, yes. I'd go into why, but that would be violating what I was just discussing here earlier - no need to troll up this forum with it.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Well, the two chances I got to play with you "seeing you come on line" I was still in Act I and you were off into the hard part.

Damnit. Oh well, I had a gear limitation: the PC for game I had my eye on got vetoed by Mrs Occhi.

And the f****ng dog, who I actually love to death, has run up nearly a thousand in vet bills.

No soup for me, where soup = D III.

I'll ask you another time.

Until then, thanks for still keeping your living room open for all and sundry to drop by and chew the fat.

You
Da
Man
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete