I Never Get Invited to Beta
Sad 
Maybe because they look at my birthday and they laaaaffff, but I always like to know who does get invited, so Post Here if you make the cut.

I still haven't recovered from learning that the Wow Beta invite that Bolty wrangled for me went to my spam box.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
(09-08-2011, 03:06 AM)Sabra Wrote: Maybe because they look at my birthday and they laaaaffff, but I always like to know who does get invited, so Post Here if you make the cut.

I still haven't recovered from learning that the Wow Beta invite that Bolty wrangled for me went to my spam box.

I have been furiously refreshing my inbox for a D3 beta invite Angry

I actually got 2 WoW beta invites. One from this awesome forum, and I guess I lucked out by getting one on my own. I gave my 2nd one to ... umm, I forget his name. He was a judge from Florida and I haven't seen him about these parts for a long while.
(09-08-2011, 03:26 AM)DeeBye Wrote:
(09-08-2011, 03:06 AM)Sabra Wrote: Maybe because they look at my birthday and they laaaaffff, but I always like to know who does get invited, so Post Here if you make the cut.

I have been furiously refreshing my inbox for a D3 beta invite Angry

I actually got 2 WoW beta invites. One from this awesome forum, and I guess I lucked out by getting one on my own. I gave my 2nd one to ... umm, I forget his name. He was a judge from Florida and I haven't seen him about these parts for a long while.

You're not referring to Thenryb are you? He's a judge, though not in Florida. I still have his email address and it still works. He's doing fine. I checked in with him after all the horrible tornadoes.

Anyway, Dee, you'll get the invite. I can feel it heading your way. I, on the other hand will be ... reading a good book.

[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
(09-08-2011, 03:40 AM)Sabra Wrote: You're not referring to Thenryb are you? He's a judge, though not in Florida. I still have his email address and it still works. He's doing fine. I checked in with him after all the horrible tornadoes.

YES! Thenryb was the guy I gave my extra WoW beta invite to. Thanks for jogging my memory Smile

edit: I have no idea why I thought he was from Florida

I am forever thankful for the WoW beta invitation. Without that I might have had the the last six years of my life.

No D3 beta for me though, I never could get the application process to even work.

"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(09-08-2011, 03:53 AM)LavCat Wrote: I am forever thankful for the WoW beta invitation. Without that I might have had the the last six years of my life.

For me, the ruination of my life, as I had known it, was a two step process. That was step one. The second was - guild guys: "We're going to join a raid tonight." me: "That's OK, I'll just quest for a while. I don't really want to play with a bunch of people I don't know from the Lounge." guild guys: "Ahh, come on, it'll be fun..." Sigh Tongue

P.S. I got into the Path of Exile beta, didn't everyone? Or is that not the beta you're referring to? If you're talking about the D3 beta Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin, yeah right, in my dreams, much old fartage here probably rules me out as well. Come on Blizzard, we old folks are still young at heart and some of us are very devoted to our gaming, especially those of us needing to preserve our last vestiges of sanity through escapism into a dark and evil world where we can be heroes and eliminate the evils around us doing good by the world and the little people around us that look up to us as elders with the wisdom of the ages and... Wait, what was I saying? Oh yeah, Blizzard, please, please, please, please, please give me a beta invite so I can totally ruin the release day anticipation of that knock on the door of the delivery guy bringing me digital gold.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(09-08-2011, 04:46 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: P.S. I got into the Path of Exile beta, didn't everyone?

My hopes are likely in vain for D3. I didn't even get into PoE!

Like Sabra I will probably have to settle for a good book.
(09-08-2011, 04:46 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: P.S. I got into the Path of Exile beta, didn't everyone? Or is that not the beta you're referring to? If you're talking about the D3 beta Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin, yeah right, in my dreams, much old fartage here probably rules me out as well. Come on Blizzard, we old folks are still young at heart and some of us are very devoted to our gaming, especially those of us needing to preserve our last vestiges of sanity through escapism into a dark and evil world where we can be heroes and eliminate the evils around us doing good by the world and the little people around us that look up to us as elders with the wisdom of the ages and... Wait, what was I saying? Oh yeah, Blizzard, please, please, please, please, please give me a beta invite so I can totally ruin the release day anticipation of that knock on the door of the delivery guy bringing me digital gold.

Path of Exile looks more like a Diablo game than, well, Diablo 3. Does it feel like it though? It looks pretty intriguing - I was hoping I could get into that beta to tide me over until D3, but to answer your question - not everyone did get in. Looks like it's back to voodoo magic and witchcraft for me, trying to brew up one serving of a D3 beta invite.
(09-08-2011, 12:52 PM)lemekim Wrote: Path of Exile looks more like a Diablo game than, well, Diablo 3. Does it feel like it though? It looks pretty intriguing - I was hoping I could get into that beta to tide me over until D3, but to answer your question - not everyone did get in. Looks like it's back to voodoo magic and witchcraft for me, trying to brew up one serving of a D3 beta invite.

I was mostly just kidding about people getting into the PoE beta. I would guess that a lot of people, just as myself, had not even heard of it before the discussion here of betas. Without trying to turn this into a PoE thread, my quick take so far is that I would actually hesitate to call it a beta. There are basics to the game that I don't think they are certain yet how they want to handle. If anything, it is a beta of the graphics engine and the spells/skills system. I think the graphics are looking good but the spells/skills, while intriguing, may be a little too involved for the average player to decipher and have a ways to go when they try to balance them. As far as feel, to me it feels like Titan's Quest so, if you've played that, you can decide how it relates to a Diablo feel.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."

only beta i got invited to was the sc2 thing and that was a nightmare that i dont even want to be apart of i did one review on it and asked them to make the first base space bigger. due to how it felt cramped when there set almost close to the resources when you start off, after i saw they actually did increase space from which they first set the bases at which i was glad to see they listened

i hope i get into it this time
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
Got my D3 Beta invite. I'll be posting some updates/impressions and so on later this week.

As there's tons of media out there on the net - beta streams, screenshots galore, etc, I'll be focusing more on how D3 compares to D1 and D2 in terms of gameplay, atmosphere, etc.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
(10-04-2011, 03:28 PM)Bolty Wrote: Got my D3 Beta invite.

I hate you. I've always hated you. I will continue to hate you from this day on. Hmph!

Tongue
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(10-04-2011, 04:40 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: I hate you. I've always hated you. I will continue to hate you from this day on. Hmph!

Harsh, Loch!

I only started hating Bolty after he posted this.
(10-04-2011, 03:28 PM)Bolty Wrote: Got my D3 Beta invite. I'll be posting some updates/impressions and so on later this week.

As there's tons of media out there on the net - beta streams, screenshots galore, etc, I'll be focusing more on how D3 compares to D1 and D2 in terms of gameplay, atmosphere, etc.

Tycho over at Penny Arcade gave his impressions and a comic...

Quote:The reason the electrified parts of the world have not ground to halt altogether is that the Diablo III beta includes only subset of a percentage of a portion of a slice of a morsel of the first part of the game. Well, we have been there, we have done that. And we’ve gotten the boots.

I talked about the “spirit” having gone out of the plastic when it came to youth fetishes; and it’s like that with Starcraft II for me. I’m not saying it isn’t good, I know it’s good. I simply know it too well. How can a game come out ten years later, which seems like a long time, and ultimately make me feel exhausted? I know where the problem is, believe me. I love watching other people play it. But whatever receptors I had for it are gone.

I came into the beta of Diablo III with a sizable chip placed squarely on my shoulder, a chip of substance, very nearly a pauldron. The reality is that Runic games makes a twenty dollar version of the Diablo series with grace and expertise that satisfies the starving gecko in my brain which longs to click. I played the sequel at PAX, and it’s incredible; I would buy the game for the idle animation on the female Berserker alone. You see “tough” barbarian-types, you see “crazy” ones, there’s a pronounced “noble” strain - but you don’t see wild, for some reason, which I thought was the point. Her eyes are rolling around in her head like marbles. I’ve never seen the like.

But Diablo III doesn’t leave anything to chance; it implants the proboscis with utter precision. Even if you are a jaded gaming satirist actively hostile to it, your hypothalamus is pumped with so much liquid nectar that the corners of your mouth curve up into a smile even as the saliva wells behind the lower lip. The best way to say it is that the experience is clean, magnificently clean, without being sterile or predictable. That’s quite a trick.

I like the sound of that.
See you in Town,
-Z
(10-04-2011, 03:28 PM)Bolty Wrote: Got my D3 Beta invite. I'll be posting some updates/impressions and so on later this week.

Well, there is some justice at least. If we had hot-goes-to-every-Blizzcon-chicks getting in and not you...

On that note, bribe some more keys outta them or, well, we do know where you sleep. Big Grin
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
(10-04-2011, 03:28 PM)Bolty Wrote: Got my D3 Beta invite.

Liar. There is no such thing.
I stumbled on this:
http://www.zazzle.com/bowling_demon_tshi...6364277780

Bowl tee with Diablo
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Looks like I'm in the beta. Smile
Roland *The Gunslinger*
(12-09-2011, 03:22 PM)Roland Wrote: Looks like I'm in the beta. Smile

Congrats! =)
Intolerant monkey.
So far, out of the four people that sit around me at work, all of them have D3 beta invites. Curiously, they all also purchased the year of WoW + D3 deal. I don't *think* that's the connection, but hey, figured I'd mention it. The last one who didn't have it besides myself just got it on Wednesday past.
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.