I Never Get Invited to Beta
(12-10-2011, 04:34 PM)Frag Wrote: Curiously, they all also purchased the year of WoW + D3 deal. I don't *think* that's the connection, but hey, figured I'd mention it.

Wish it were the case. Then I maybe wouldn't be wishing I hadn't signed on the dotted line. It seems that there is going to be enough stuff around soon - Star Wars, D3, Path of Exile, Grim Dawn, Torchlight2, ??? - that I won't want to be putting time into WoW. Unless, of course, Pandas are the be all end all of gaming fun. Dodgy

P.S. Roland - I hate you. I've always hated you. I will continue to hate you from this day on. Hmph!

Have I missed anyone I need to hate? Maybe I should start a list?

Tongue
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(12-10-2011, 04:34 PM)Frag Wrote: So far, out of the four people that sit around me at work, all of them have D3 beta invites. Curiously, they all also purchased the year of WoW + D3 deal. I don't *think* that's the connection, but hey, figured I'd mention it. The last one who didn't have it besides myself just got it on Wednesday past.

I definitely did not purchase the 1 year WoW subscription and I got my invite on Wednesday.

So far, their server has not been handling this new build well. Since my weekend is Thurs to Sat, I was able to get about 12 hours in between Thursday and Friday during the early to mid day time frame before people started logging in and crashing the server (server is presently down till Noon pacific today, 12/10). So far I've capped the Demon Hunter and Wizard and am presently working on the Barbarian. Overall, it takes about 2 1/2 hours to get through the entirety of Act 1 doing full clear (or what looks to be the entirety of Act 1).

As it goes, the game is pretty rough for the first couple levels for a Wizard since you get a wand, but no off hand, so your damage is pretty pathetic (takes about 3 spell casts of their base spell to take out the mobs which only have around 8 to 9 health whereas the Demon Hunter and Barbarian typically one shot said mobs, two shot at worst). Also looking at the information on the toons, the Demon Hunter is showing almost 10 DPS higher than the Wizard with both at level 13.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
(09-08-2011, 12:40 PM)vor_lord Wrote:
(09-08-2011, 04:46 AM)LochnarITB Wrote: P.S. I got into the Path of Exile beta, didn't everyone?

My hopes are likely in vain for D3. I didn't even get into PoE!

Like Sabra I will probably have to settle for a good book.

seems they sent out another batch this Monday at 12:01 and i still haven't gotten invite...

Looks like i will be joining sabra,vor
in reading a good book or three Angel

maybe we should have a thread no beta invite... book of the month club?
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
(12-10-2011, 05:26 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: P.S. Roland - I hate you. I've always hated you. I will continue to hate you from this day on. Hmph!

But... I love you! Sad

Join the ever-growing hate cub? They congregate on the Basin's TS server.

Maybe I should start hanging out with those who are in the beta? You know, safety in numbers? Tongue Besides, it's lonely playing by myself... even if it's only for a short while.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
(12-12-2011, 06:07 PM)Roland Wrote:
(12-10-2011, 05:26 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: P.S. Roland - I hate you. I've always hated you. I will continue to hate you from this day on. Hmph!

But... I love you! Sad

Join the ever-growing hate cub? They congregate on the Basin's TS server.

Maybe I should start hanging out with those who are in the beta? You know, safety in numbers? Tongue Besides, it's lonely playing by myself... even if it's only for a short while.
well i dont hate you Roland you was the one that gave me a diablo2 beta invite so many years ago!
and here i am still addicted to it..
p.s Roland what are the requirements specs of you computer, i wanted to see if my old rig can run it on medium or low when it comes out that or mavbe to buy a new video card.
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
(12-12-2011, 06:12 PM)Wiccan Wrote: well i dont hate you Roland you was the one that gave me a diablo2 beta invite so many years ago!
and here i am still addicted to it..
p.s Roland what are the requirements specs of you computer, i wanted to see if my old rig can run it on medium or low when it comes out that or mavbe to buy a new video card.

I doubt anyone is going to have much problem running D3. Simply point, it's not very intensive. I'd wager if you can run WC3 or SC2, you'll be just fine in D3. As for my specs:
Core i7 950 (940? Something...)
12 GB RAM
2x GeForce 460 GTX

It would seem loading the game on an SSD would help improve the (current) stuttering issues of texture loading, but it's hardly a requirement. Other than that, I wouldn't worry.

Shifting gears slightly, here's my (so-far) only contribution to the beta. Through more playing last night (and focusing specifically on item DPS, tooltips, etc.) it seems it might even be character related, as only my Barbarian is having that issue thus far (Witch Doctor I started last night seems to be exhibiting proper damage calculations, as a higher DPS weapon directly translates into higher DPS on the character screen). Very, very strange. Still, it allows for the hilarity of a big bad Barbarian running around killing things with one swipe of his Dagger (and I might add that the Barbarian definitely affects physics WAY more than anything else I've tried - one swipe from that will send corpses, debris, etc. absolutely flying!)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Did a mass amount of beta invites go out? I just got one.
I have beta blues myself. I've applied for countless of them over the years and now that I'm working on my own gaming group which focuses on some newer games I've been trying even harder to get in to get some early establishment within those games.

I check my B.net account once a week hoping I win the Beta lottery, I check my email for word from other non blizz games in the beta phase as well..

With my luck I'll never manage to get into any of the games I want, I apply to games I don't even want because there may be a chance I know someone who will enjoy it.

[Image: rusty1.jpg]
Blizzard just sent out 100,000 beta invites. Make sure you've opted in on your Battle.Net account if you haven't already, so you could be in the next wave.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
I haven't tried recently but a couple of months ago I sure couldn't figure out how to register.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
I tried again tonight. No joy. I logged into my battle.net account, went to Beta Profile Settings, and clicked on Download Windows English (US).

I was asked if I wanted to save download-system-check_xml?platform=win. I said yes. But as far as I can tell, nothing ever downloads.

The Beta FAQ has a helpfull link if one is having trouble downloading the application. When I click on that link I get a page not found error.
(02-03-2012, 07:43 AM)LavCat Wrote: I was asked if I wanted to save download-system-check_xml?platform=win. I said yes. But as far as I can tell, nothing ever downloads.

The Beta FAQ has a helpfull link if one is having trouble downloading the application. When I click on that link I get a page not found error.

I checked it on mine and I'm getting the same issue. I downloaded the it a long while ago but I thought about doing it again just to be sure but couldn't
[Image: rusty1.jpg]
OMG! I actually got one. I'm installing now.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
(02-04-2012, 01:58 AM)Sabra Wrote: OMG! I actually got one. I'm installing now.

Is there a Battletag/RealID Lurker friends list going on? I need to slay demons with other people!

Sigh... Sabra got a beta invite and I didn't?! Come on, Blizzard, you got a screw loose or something? I mean, really, Sabra and not me... Sheesh, what has this world come to? Is there no justice? I can't take it anymore. Goodbye cruel world!

Tongue Grats, Sabra! It doesn't sound like there is a whole lot to it, but sometimes a taste is better than none at all. At least, that's what I would tell myself, even though I tend toward gourmand rather than gourmet and I really want the whole thing. NOW, BLIZZARD!
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(02-04-2012, 08:29 AM)LochnarITB Wrote:
Tongue Grats, Sabra! It doesn't sound like there is a whole lot to it, but sometimes a taste is better than none at all. At least, that's what I would tell myself, even though I tend toward gourmand rather than gourmet and I really want the whole thing. NOW, BLIZZARD!

There is not much to it. I would say its about the same as playing D2 up to the Countess and stopping there. With a last boss that seemed a lot easier than the Countess for a first time of fighting.

(02-04-2012, 03:57 AM)DeeBye Wrote:

Is there a Battletag/RealID Lurker friends list going on? I need to slay demons with other people!

Will RealID work in D3, Dee, because if so, you know where to find me. Otherwise, I'm Sabra#1219 but I won't be playing till after this weekend. My grandson is staying over and I do not want to be tempted the whole time he's here.

New games are too shiny Smile even if there isn't a lot of content.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
(02-04-2012, 11:58 AM)Ruvanal Wrote: There is not much to it. I would say its about the same as playing D2 up to the Countess and stopping there. With a last boss that seemed a lot easier than the Countess for a first time of fighting.

As I recall the D2 beta didn't even get much out of the rogue's encampment. But I remember the first rare I found. Blizzard does know how to hook people.

Wait! Do we need to change the thread topic now? Smile

I, on the other hand, am still waiting. I couldn't even get into the Path of Exile beta.
(02-04-2012, 09:51 PM)vor_lord Wrote:

Wait! Do we need to change the thread topic now? Smile

I, on the other hand, am still waiting. I couldn't even get into the Path of Exile beta.

I never get Blizzard betas, but I am playing with PoE now.
--Mav