Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
Isolde-

Info about iths have been posted on one of the biggest D2 fansites, they've been on sale on Ebay since they were made, and upon entering a trading channel you should see people buying or selling them within seconds. Are you saying that you didn't know about them until recently, or that Blizzard didn't know about them until recently? I have to tell you, I'm praying it's the former (No offense intended- talking to a real employee and not a 1st-tier phone answerer is a new experience for me).
You know those so-called 1st-tier phone answerers are employees too. But I think I know what you mean.

What *I* meant was that I didn't know about them. Like I said, there was some miscommunication between Customer Service and myself. Also, I confess that this game is *very* old for me. So my interest in it comes in spurts. Plus I was burnt out for oh about a year or even two perhaps. A couple of years of 120hr+ weeks tends to do that to anyone without an iron constitution ;) I know, it sounds like a bunch of excuses, but there it is.

So I must apologize.

Oh, and by the way, it isn't as if i'm completely inaccessible ;)
Yeah, I should have phrased the employee bit better, but I'm glad you got the point. This has been interesting to say the least. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Isolde,Apr 4 2003, 08:08 AM Wrote:Yes, we know of people still hacking too.  The reason why not more people were banned has something to do with the hack detection.  But hopefully we'll get to them too ;)
For some reason this particular statement makes me wonder if you really are a Blizzard employee.

Regards, Hunky
I am famous for my Memory - I have no Memory
Hail Roland,

If only they could have had 1.10 ready for April 1st: wouldn't THAT be the best release date EVER? Hehehe :D
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
I can't tell if that was meant to be humorous :blink:

It's AB night at the LL isn't it?

I'm just barely. By the thinnest of threads I think :D
Hail Roland,

"If not, they're gonna have a very short-lived career."

Umm... how long have they been around for again? If I remember correctly, they have already outlived many, many gaming companies, and the industry must have a high infant mortality rate!

"Another sad fact: the bigger the target, the more people are gonna try and hit it (regardless of their skill)."

*nods* Reminds me of the clueless script kiddie that kept DDOSing Amazon.com. He didn't know the front end from the back door (poor attempt at humour), but still cost them a lot of money.

"and even moreso for passing judgement on just what was a hack, and what wasn't."

They could have just asked us: other than twinking, we collectively decided what is and is not legit very quickly, every time something came up ;) In short, almost everything was cheating :P
Isolde,Apr 4 2003, 03:34 AM Wrote:But I think there's plenty of people who can vouch for me.  Say Roland who happens to be posting right now, since I was the one that got him the D2C beta oh sometime in the dawn of history ;)
DUDE! I was JUST talking about you to someone on the Lounge today! My exact words: "God bless _______." The words I DIDN'T say were: "I think I still have that beta CD somewhere, with the original packing it came shipped in." And I do. Somewhere.

Jesus man, it's been a long time. I'm STILL in debt to you over that one. :D HAHA! I'm cracking up here.

Alright, I'll spare you any more melodrama (no matter how real), and just say this: Once again thanks. And, you should keep in touch more. ;) Time or no time. ;)

God, what is it with old acquaintances coming out of the woodwork? Not that I'm complaining! It's good to see some old faces, no matter where they've ended up. :)

Drop me a line sometime. ;) Same address. :D
Roland *The Gunslinger*
...I meant future. I'm well aware of how long Blizzard has been around thus far. But, if they screw up big time, on a regular basis, you can bet they won't be around for much longer. Just a fact of life. Not that I think they will. ;) And, not that I'd look forward to such an event. Perish the thought! I want my World of Wacraft and Frozen Throne! :D
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Roland,Apr 4 2003, 09:54 AM Wrote:DUDE! I was JUST talking about you to someone on the Lounge today! My exact words: "God bless _______." The words I DIDN'T say were: "I think I still have that beta CD somewhere, with the original packing it came shipped in." And I do. Somewhere.
I take this as a : I vouch for Isolde as a certified Blizzard employee involved in the actual product one time or the other?

regards, Hunky
:D

Seriously though, by the time DIII rolls around, I'll no longer be pulling my hair out over my FUTURE kids: I'll already HAVE them! ;)

Besides, why wait for a myth when there's at LEAST 2, possibly 3 (SC:Ghost) great games coming within the next couple years? ;)

Of course, if they ever DO decide to make a DIII... ;) You can bet I'll be trying out for the beta test. :D
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Quote:I take this as a : I vouch for Isolde as a certified Blizzard employee involved in the actual product one time or the other?

Yeah. You could say that. ;) Not to mention an all-around stand-up guy. If he says something, you can bet the farm it's true. Or, at least, to the best of his knowledge. ;)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Roland,Apr 4 2003, 10:47 AM Wrote:Yeah. You could say that. ;) Not to mention an all-around stand-up guy. If he says something, you can bet the farm it's true. Or, at least, to the best of his knowledge. ;)
That is good enough for me if you vouch for him. :D

Was a bit confused about something he said about the hack detection but I understand he has to talk in riddles about this particular subject.

Regards, Hunky

edit off topic, Elric what happened to the Charter members?
True Seeker,Apr 4 2003, 09:26 AM Wrote:Also, and I'm asking this because I've just re-registered here and have never seen you post before, is there some way you could prove you're a Blizzard employee?
I can guarantee you Isolde is not only a super nice guy but also the one he claims to be. I can't provide you with any hard facts of that either but at least you got one more to "distrust" if you don't think that is the case :)
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
If both Roland AND Jarulf vouch for him I believe them.

I do not know about him being a nice guy or not but I do believe now he is a Blizzard employee

Regards, Hunky
Isolde,Apr 4 2003, 11:02 AM Wrote:Oh, and by the way, it isn't as if i'm completely inaccessible ;)
Yeah, you're one of my favourite Rogue mercs in Act 1. ;)

Hunky,

Have I ever mentioned that you're one paranoid bastich (as Lobo would say). With a name like Isolde, he has to be a bonifide Blizz employee/ex-employee/soon-to-be-coz-of-gabbing-ex-empoyee. :D
Francois

"Go now and sin no more." - John 8:11

All technical links have been removed from this signature, until definitive 1.10 data becomes available.
Read some Tales from Sanctuary lately?
All my characters are simply Red on Europe and at home, see them here.
HunkyDory,Apr 4 2003, 06:08 AM Wrote:If both Roland AND Jarulf vouch for him I believe them.

I do not know about him being a nice guy or not but I do believe now he is a Blizzard employee

Regards, Hunky
Everything Geoff Frazier IS, Isolde ISN'T. ;) (No offense GF! ;))

Seriously though, like Jarulf said, Isolde IS a super nice guy. I'm no ass kisser, but I will tell it how it is. Isolde's just one of those guys you like from the moment you meet him. Know the kind I'm talking about? Just one of them people who's always good to be around, and always a good guy.

'Course, whether you believe that or not is totally up to you. I'm just speaking from personal experience. But, hell, if someone at Blizzard gave you their personal copy of the D2C Closed Beta CD, wouldn't you consider them to be a pretty cool guy? ;) (And no, that's NOT the reason I say he's a nice guy. Or, at least, not the ONLY reason. :))
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Quote:Everything Geoff Frazier IS, Isolde ISN'T. ;) (No offense GF! ;))

I will not make a comment about Geoff Frazier on this forum.

In the past I have ventilated some feelings about him in other forums on other boards, though.

If Isolde is a nice guy or not is not my concern, as I have no dealings with him. Not intended to sound harsh just an observation.

My concern was if he is a legit Blizzard employee as opposed to some wannabe imposter.

That issue has been solved now.

Regards, Hunky

edit: really had too little time to make this a decent post and it showed.
EDITED out

.. will be counting to other million mean time :). And no i was not mad on Blizzard or anything said by Isolde, but some other claim made in this thread.

Nothing really important missed by this editing.

Sorry about trouble.

RF