bone spear and lower resist magic.
Hello Friends !

I am starting a new char, for 1.10.
And i am just wondering if Bone spear is affected by the LVL 30 Necro skill lower resist ?

Thank you.

Anders
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Not only that, but I found that Lower Resist has other functionality. I have a broadband connection and a gig of ram -- I found that by fast-cast spamming a level 30+ lower resist, I could drop lesser opponents from the game!!!

hehe j/k. Well, maybe j/k. We've all had our evil little pleasures.
Hi.

I think it does work on it. I was killing stuff in Act V with 5 shots instead of 6 in normal difficulty, with level 1 Lower Resist augmenting whatever level of bone spear I had (maxed for my level).

I am thinking about making the Necromancer I always wanted to make since 1.00. Well, one of them. I am going to max Bone Spirit, Spear, Bone Prison. I'm gonna put 10 in CE. I'm putting 5 in Amp and 5 in LR. No summons.

That makes me wonder though, does Summon Resist make your bone wall resist elemental attacks better, or not? Since its not really considered a minion?

Lewis
Lewis
aka *westcats, USWest, SC
aka *sevencats, *weirdcats, USEast, SC
Hi,

Is it really a good idea to spend skill points on both bone spear and spirit?
I prefer to spend 20 points in bone armor to make use of the synergies.
10 points in CE i had planned as well, and 5 in decrepify and lower resist.
Then add more points to bone prison.

Anders
Hi agian,

Oops , my mistake, bone spear does not make use of bone armor synergie.
So i would rathher spend 20 points in bone prison.

Anders
High level bone prison costs 0 mana and has high hp in hell , so it could be fun :P
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
gronbek,

Well, the thing is, while I would certainly like a level 20 bone armor, I want my bone spear to do a lot of damage, and I *believe* both Spirit and Prison increase it. Also, Spirit is slow but it homes, and spear penetrates. So, in a way, I'm dumping my points into the void, because I can't know really whether it is worth it at all. I'm just paranoid that if I dont max at least 2 skilks that impact bone spear, it will stink. It might stink anyway.

Whereas, just as I do when playing a sorceress, I run around and hope not to get hit. So, 1 point in Bone Armor will have to do. Perhaps a Holy Freeze merc will be the way to go.

I honestly wished they hadn't nerfed the levelling up process. I never cow except rarely and I've obtained less than 5 levels total across all my characters from cow levels, I'd guess. I usually do it slow and on my own, and it takes forever, and sometimes I get in 4-5 player games for better experience, but I solo. Now all that will change.

If I could get to level 85 under the new 1.10 exp system (they are increasing exp caps above level 70) then I would dump any extra points into Bone Armor, but even then I'd only have 9 points in it if I put 10 in ce, 5 in LR and 5 in Amp. See, I'm hoping to have +3 to p&b on my circlet and amulet eventually A White Wand would also be nice because I could get +3 p&b and theoretically +5 to bone spear. I can cover all my resists on the body, shield, boots, quests, and a 14% or 15% ra ring. The problem with that setup is that while I'd then have +10 to P&B, I'd only have +1 to curses, so I need some actual points in Amp and Lower resist. Under the new patch, I'll be hard pressed probably to get to level 76, which is where I'd need to be to make to complete my build with only 1 in bone armor. In a perfect world, on a level 99 character, I'd max bone armor and put CE to 13 :).

Dreams.

It could also be amusing to ONLY pump teeth, bone wall, bone prison, bone spear, and bone spirit, and nothing else, not even curses or CE. that'd eat 102 points. ouch. Level 91. forget it. But you'd have one HECK of a bone spear going. :)

Anyway, back to reality, it may indeed be a mistake to not have more points in Bone Armor, considering that I'm unsure whether smarter and faster monsters will kill me a lot easier. Maybe defense will be better. It will all be interesting thats for sure.

I guess if it is any consolation, one will always be able to make a mindless (yet fun) party necromancer by maxing CE and Bone Prison and 10 + base in Decrepify. Additional points could go to Bone Spirit or Spear just so you could occasionally kill something on your own, slowly, if you really really had to. Ah, the easy route.

I also saw a Safety Necro idea someone had, was it on this forum, or AB, or agd? I dont recall. Imagine all the spells that slow down monsters and/or contain them? 20 in Bone Prison for nasty stuff, Decrepify 10 to make the front line safer, 20 in Skeleton Mastery, 5 in summon resist, and 10 in revive for the wall of meat (used SPARINGLY of course), and a holy freeze merc. Maybe even 10 points in dim vision. No personal ability to kill, but man, parties would surely love you if you didn't go overboard on them with the revives (i.e. only on request). Get about +6 or +7 in skills and you'd be rocking as a Safety Necro. Whoever came up with that idea, thanks!!

Ah well, looks like I'm getting off topic.

Bone spear/spirit ... I hope you will rule them and school them! (The monsters)

Lewis
Lewis
aka *westcats, USWest, SC
aka *sevencats, *weirdcats, USEast, SC