Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
. . . it was a reply to me. My bad. :o
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Dear Black Lightening:

Don't touch GA. It is a good skill.

1. Solve the Piercing thing

2. Solve the burrito cheese. :)

Leave GA alone.

(See the GA thread for more comments. :)

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Hail Black Lightning,

Check the very first page of the very first LL forum: I believe THE Thread was the longest ;)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Actually it was originally Malaysian Crack Monkeys. I believe it was the term DoubleTrouble used first.

It was changed to ment more things ;), partly because one did not want to offend Malaysian monkeys :lol: :D /joking sorry.

RF
Occhidiangela,Apr 9 2003, 09:11 PM Wrote:Insofar as Amazon Basiners and their loud protestations go: those who protest the loudest have, IMO, the most to hide.  Most of the Basiners I have interacted with are nice folks, who as fans are as sincere as Lurkers.

And for those who think that Lurkers are closet cheaters, or that some Lurkers are closet cheaters, I will ask any closet cheaters to simply remember where they are, and either stop cheating or leave. 
I agree for most of your comment in here.

For some knowledge to you, we were trying to solve why 2 people lost some of their accounts, this is less than 1% of Basin members. There has been then at least one CM that stated never using hacks and still lost accounts (some of them). AB has about 4200 community members.

I have to say that i do trust that "X of all people" has not used anything applies to ABM. Question is that who else has had access to those accounts.

We have lost much more accounts to someone hacking into account than for this. Some accounts from those have been returned later.

This is only my opinion though...

RF who did not loose any chars over this
Thanks. I didn't find any evidence that the pierce/fires explosive arrow thingy works.

The werebear heal bug seems to be fixed in 1.10 as a side effect of something else...
Quote:Not to mention the fact that it is the opinion of many that any Druid with a bow or crossbow should:

a) Not be able to shift at all, let alone melee attack with the weapon
or
B) Be able to shift, but fire arrows and bolts and not be able to use any of the shifted skills.

It's not really a bug, it was just too annoying not to allow weapon damage from bows, especially if you accidentally switch weapons or somehow equip a bow while in wereform.
Roland,Apr 10 2003, 11:37 PM Wrote:And yes, that was an issue. Although I never heard of a Piercing CB or FB Sorc. I did, on the other hand, see ALOT of Piercing Glacial Spike Sorcs. ;)
As I recall from my testing, Glacial Spike did not actually pierce. Ice Bolt pierced. I forget whether Ice Blast pierced or not. I can't say I was too upset when they fixed it, as I felt pretty silly running around with a bow in my hair.

Do any sorceresses remember whether piercing Glacial Spike worked for them?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Yo.

Sorry for getting the wrong opinion about GA, and I really appreciate the corrections. If pierce is causing problems, then by all means, leave GA and solve pierce!

I wonder if Blizzard could work on monster drops, since these are a bit weak (to my knowledge :blink: ).
I liked the idea of getting a guaranteed set, unique or rare after beating a boss, and people might stop hacking due to their bad luck, and take up D2 legitimately again (It's a dream, I know :( )

Cheers to Roland on the info. for the masteries, as well as to Occhidiangela for correcting my knowledge about the 'zon.

Yeah, that's basically it...
Black Lightning:
- Hell's thunder
- It'll strike anywhere
- It'll come down any time
- It'll hit ANYTHING...
(Run for the hills!Wink
In response to the post that talked about wheter using the Lightning Hose was cheating / bug exploiting..

If so, every bugged skill should be cheating, no? So you cannot use any weapon masteries (asn/barb), no use of fire arrow, no use of GA when you've invested in pierce - the list goes on :) You might argue that there's more effort (most likely geared toward that goal) to get the lightning hose, but then you start talking about how big an advantage it has to be before it's cheating, and that's hell.

Would also like to add a big Thank You to Isolde, for obvious reasons :)

*fades to black*
Wretched is the man who values flag over humanity.

Monkeycid@theamazonbasin.com
Iirc, the thing about (cross)bows on a shifted druid that it uses the wrong base frame rate (bare handed speed instead of weapon) ?
And wasnt there something about how IAS was calculated too when shifted and using a bow?? Or was it only that Buriza has 80% IAS + the above bug/feature ?
100% agreement here. go to open if u wana hack. thats what its there for.
blizz gave b net a big white bilboard that says grafitii here but some ppl still insist on spray painting the side of the building and i'm glad a bunch of those ppl got "arrested".

ok i think i'm done with the metaphores for now.
You all laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same!

This is a preamptive apology for any spelling errors, typos, bad grammer, and use of b.net short hand typing that u may find in my post and possibly in this signature.
Sorry.
Isolde,Apr 7 2003, 12:23 AM Wrote:D2 keeps around the last 5 log files, so any recent assertions should be in one of those.

I'll lower the timeout from 15 sec to 5 sec which is what it is in Hardcore.

Brangane ;)  I had to look it up.
Back on the topic of assertions...

I have had two assertions since you asked for the log files. They were the same message:

HALT LOCATION:
D2CMP\SRC\Codec.cpp
line #1627
Expression Decompressing Sprite

I don't think this is one I've seen before, but am not sure. Log file available on request. Let me say again that I appreciate the help. The one I have the log file for was from when I was facing lister -- great timing.

Oh, also, the timeout value still does not seem any less, did you reduce it?
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
Isolde,Apr 4 2003, 04:57 AM Wrote:The hack detection mechanism doesn't generate false positives.  Even for people from the Amazon Basin.  It isn't based on usage patterns, behavior, or anything else that could trigger if you aren't using some sort of hack.  And it's not illegal or an invasion of privacy (unless you think that detecting someone who's cheating is an invasion of privacy) either for those of who tend to think along those lines.
packet logging

regards, Hunky
I am famous for my Memory - I have no Memory